STLRAMSFAN Guest

Interesting won/loss on Martz last four years

Just noticed something interesting in only three of Martz six seasons as head coach including this one has he finished with more wins then losses. He has only had 1 season in the last four years including this one where he has finished with more wins then losses. Yet everyone keeps saying how he just wins games. I would have thought it would have been much higher.

In comparison Philly is now going for their 6th straight season of 11-5 or better.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -10-27-2005 at 11:25 PM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Interesting won/loss on Martz last four years

Yea, spin his record all you want. Don't include his whole tenure, just what you want to expose.

Here's how I keep score. 4 playoffs out of the last 5 years.

I'll take that.

RealRam is offline Registered User

:up: Me too, TX!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Yea, spin his record all you want. Don't include his whole tenure, just what you want to expose.
    I am not spinning anything results in winning season is exactly that. I am not a Martz basher but its not like he is Lombardi either. He has nearly a 62% winning percentage. I really thought he would have more then 50% winning seasons. Also last year we made it to the playoffs at 8-8 that is not a sure fire record that will get you in I would hate to have to count on that record to get me in this year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Just goes to show you the importence of a quality defense. In 2000 when the Rams had a shoddy defense, they were at least able to win games because they were still under the tent of the GSOT. Those days are gone, though the Rams still run a very dangerous offense. 2002 was a horrible year for injuries, but in 2003, the Rams had a great record. The defense still gave up its share of yards and points, but forced a number of turnovers that really limited what the opposition could do.

The Rams would be smart to bring in someone who can be successful on defense with this franchise. The Rams' defense probably had their best moments under Lovie's Cover 2 scheme, so perhaps getting rid of Marmie and bringing in a young promising guy to coach that scheme would return this defense to a unit that can at least keep us competitive. Whether that's Joe Vitt or someone else (I wouldn't mind looking at Tampa assistants again), it needs to be done.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Well......Last year didn't even count in playoff appearences. That was terrible and they didn't belong there in the first place! Martz was and in QUOTE (WAS) a genious!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

were they in the playoffs?

Yes

Then it counts