Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Bruce?

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Isaac Bruce?

I heard On Sirius satelite radio, that Ike was Going to be released at the end of the week. now please tell me that ive heard it wrong... PLEASE!

Ramer is offline Registered User

Re: Isaac Bruce?

I haven't heard it, but I hope your wrong.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

me too. my brother also called and told me. but i do indeed hope im wrong. we just got al and bruce and our players will be happy. i dont know how i would fill about releasing Ike 2 times in the past 3 years.

MSRamman is offline Registered User

If they do release him, it will be due to his roster bonus. I really feel like they'll try and resign him; the only thing that bothers me is getting in a bidding war with the niners, which I doubt our front office will do. You know if he is released Martz will be wetting himself for a chance to get him in SF...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I hope its false news....

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I can't believe how we treat this man. He's been nothing but an ascet for this team and time and time again he is treated like garbage. I don't care about the roster bonus, if anything he deserves it. It would be nice to hear his side of the story like perhaps he's in agreement to him being cut and his contract being renegotiated but I hate the information of him just being released, that drives me nuts. I want to know where Bruce stands on this, and I cannot and will not bear seeing him go to a different team. My heart will honestly be broken if I ever see this man in any other uniform other than a Ram's uniform. Please, just let this either be a renegotiation that HE is ok with or just let it be false news.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Keenum is offline Registered User

Didn't we release Aeneas Williams a few years ago and then re-sign him so we didn't have to re do the contract?
    Maybe the same thing with Bruce?

But I KNOW Martz will go after him. I don't know if he'd actually do it, Bruce does hate the ***** as much as most of us.
    But he also loves the game of football...

RealRam is offline Registered User

:bash: AAAARGH!

Here's hoping that our new friends Devaney and Saunders (and their buddy Coach Linehan) will ... NOT let it happen!!!

Allow / ask / force / keep Isaac Bruce to retire as a Ram in a year or two. Make it happen! :r

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Yeah keenum, we also released bruce and did the same thing 2 years ago. That was with martz at the helm I believe wasn't it? Im not positive but I think it was, so maybe he wasn't attracted to anywhere else. But now with martz on another team he very well might go there. And like the rest of us, im sure bruce loves the sound of cashing in.

Look, my point is, if jerry rice can go and sign with other teams, why wouldent bruce? Its not gonna be the end of the world if he leaves, don't get me wrong, id be greatly dissapointed if he does, and I believe he has a lot of time left. But with our front office anything can be messed up, just lets hope they get one thing right and keep him.

Although I still have faith in drew bennet. And I believe he ca thrive as a number 2 and not as a slot. But I guess we will just have to wait and see...
    Built RAM tough

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Didn't we release Aeneas Williams a few years ago and then re-sign him so we didn't have to re do the contract?
    Maybe the same thing with Bruce?

But I KNOW Martz will go after him. I don't know if he'd actually do it, Bruce does hate the ***** as much as most of us.
    But he also loves the game of football...
    Things like this happen all the time. I think we can pull off something similar. Guys get released to avoid paying them big time and then get brought back later for less money. Vets come back because they have a connection to the team and thats where they want to stay even if it take less cash. Lets just hope Bruce gives us a home town discount.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I can't believe how we treat this man. He's been nothing but an ascet for this team and time and time again he is treated like garbage. I don't care about the roster bonus, if anything he deserves it. It would be nice to hear his side of the story like perhaps he's in agreement to him being cut and his contract being renegotiated but I hate the information of him just being released, that drives me nuts. I want to know where Bruce stands on this, and I cannot and will not bear seeing him go to a different team. My heart will honestly be broken if I ever see this man in any other uniform other than a Ram's uniform. Please, just let this either be a renegotiation that HE is ok with or just let it be false news.
    I couldn't agree more,it makes me sick to hear this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

As there are no sources other than hearsay right now, I'm treating this as untruth.

However, here's my pre-prepared response if hearsay is actually reality.

I feel gutted. This is the lone LA Ram, our most touted, most respected future hall of fame player and this team isn't even committed to re-working his contract? Physically, he doesn't play as old as he is. There is no better route runner in football, and for a team falling apart at the seams, veteran leadership is essential. God knows Bruce provided that.

I do wonder how Al Saunders feels...

chiguy is offline Registered User

Before people get down on the organization for how they're treating Ike, keep in mind that he probably knew that this was going to happen when he signed that contract. At this stage of his career, Ike will basically always be playing on 1 or 2 year contracts no matter what team he is with next year or the year after. The Rams aren't doing anything that any team wouldn't do here. If they did, you should all get ticked then because it means they really are incompetent at managing the cap.

All that said, I expect we'll sign him to a 1-2 year contract like we did last time: Saunders will want him, we don't want to drop any money on a FA wideout because it isn't a good class and we have greater needs, and the organization needs good PR.

keith m. klink Guest

YA , it's what they call . BUSINESS , look at what PERCELLSis doing in miami .he is just cuttinfg older vet's to make room for the wave of rookies coming in .

when you get too the leaky walls of the basement , you have to just tear it up and lay a new foundation . so the dolphins started from the very top , and are peelinfg off all the dead wood .

the rams , no matter how much they TRY too change , never will until THE OWNERS start to cut the dead wood ( ZYGMUNT and SHAW) and start a rebuild .

just moving some staffers and some trivial hiring and firing , and letting veterans go , isn't a makeover or rebuild . it's putting WINNIE THE POOH bandages on a bleeding would .

txramsfan is offline Registered User

This is part of the game errrrrr business of the NFL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-19-2008, 10:25 PM