RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Isaac Bruce Selected as Rams’ Walter Payton Man of the Year Recipient

Isaac Bruce Selected as Rams’ Walter Payton Man of the Year Recipient
    Monday, December 18, 2006

The Walter Payton Man of the Year Award is a prestigious honor recognizing a player for his community service as well as his on-the-field performance. Each NFL team has the opportunity to nominate the player who they feel best exemplifies the philanthropic spirit of Chicago Bears' Hall of Fame running back, Walter Payton. This year’s Rams’ recipient is Isaac Bruce.

A four-time Pro-Bowler, Isaac holds three Rams single-season records for most receiving yards (1,781), most receptions (119) and most consecutive 100-yard games (six) and is the Rams current career receiving yards leader (13.104), career reception leader (871) and career receiving touchdown leader (79).

Isaac is just as impressive off the field as he is on it. He received the 2006 National Sportsmanship Award for his off the field efforts and recently started the Isaac Bruce Foundation, a fund for the Institute for Science and Health which focuses on health, wellness, nutrition, fitness and education. He hosts a free football clinic for children in the St. Louis area each summer to provide them an opportunity to work on their football skills, sportsmanship and teamwork skills while building self esteem both on and off the field. Isaac is also assisting with the Diversity Awareness Partnership’s newest awareness campaign to promote inclusion and acceptance of diversity in the St. Louis community. As part of the campaign, Bruce is featured on a poster with the words, "Judge me by my ability, not the color of my skin." For several seasons, Isaac has also partnered with “Dream for a Day” to provide 10 tickets to Rams’ home games to children in the St. Louis community and also provides jerseys and a limousine ride for the children that attend the games.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Isaac Bruce Selected as Rams’ Walter Payton Man of the Year Recipient

Great news, he does deserve it. I think the Rams team probably provides the most for their community which is great. I am glad I am a fan of not only a great football team (...well some great players at least :P), but its also good to be apart/representing a team that shows their support to the local community. Giving is something NFL players should be doing and its good to see our guys doing it a lot. Congratulations Isaac!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Congrats Isaac Bruuuuuuucce!!!

The Sweetness award....very nice.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

blood85 is offline Registered User

Congrats, to our one and only remaining, original Los Angeles Ram.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

The guy is a legend!!:l