Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Isaiah Pead...

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

Re: Isaiah Pead...

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Totally agree. Is it one of those bad blunder calls that truly cost us the game?

Regardless of whether Peas could have / should have protected the ball better, hopefully it WILL be clarified as a mistaken call. If so, then that did in effect cost us the game!

G R R R R R R ! ! !
    If I'm not confused, the second one went in our favor and was not deemed a fumble. The first one cost us; the 80 yard call-back cost us; and the delay-of-game penalty cost us most of all.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Regardless of that 2nd "fumble" he still had the first one that gave them the ball with a really short field. After watching this guy all year I get nervous when I see him on the field. He's a bad play waiting to happen.
    NJ Ramsfan1 and lordwhttgr like this.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

How about after the second fumble when the ref changed the line of scrimmage after we were lined up, thus costing us about 10seconds. That was awesome!
    lostsoul likes this.

JFMose is offline Registered User

I kinda feel sorry for him because I could see that he's really trying to show that he could play. Hence, why he went for the extra yards on that return, unfortunately resulting in a fumble.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I understand the staff wanting to get him involved and to get some experience, but he's just a liability at this point. I believe he also bobbled a different kick return as well, correct?

His game awareness just isn't there yet.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

We really should stop drafting Cincinnati Bearcats.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    We really should stop drafting Cincinnati Bearcats.
    based on one fourth rounder and half a season of Pead? Pead is obviously not ready to contribute right now but I don't see any reason to think he's a bust just yet. There have been plenty of great players who weren't ready to contribute their first year.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Isaiah Pead single handedly cost us the game simply by not taking a knee. If he had just stayed away from the ball (kickoffs), we would have won. We were in control and going to win till he fumbled and gave them a second TD. Then he continued to run the ball out to the 15, 16, and 18 costing us valuable yards. This player needs a snickers or something. Please teach this player some game awareness

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    based on one fourth rounder and half a season of Pead? Pead is obviously not ready to contribute right now but I don't see any reason to think he's a bust just yet. There have been plenty of great players who weren't ready to contribute their first year.
    Yeah, but they tend to go later in the draft. Given where the Rams are talent-wise this season and where he went in the draft, he should be contributing now.

Anyway, considering how Gilyard's problem was that he was incapable of grasping the playbook or the mental demands of playing in the NFL and Pead seems to be showing some of the same issues....well I don't know what they're doing down at Cincinnati, but "preparing players for the NFL" doesn't appear to be on the to do list.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I''m not ready to give up on Pead... but I am ready to shelve him until next year. : )

Fastcat is offline Registered User

I said in a thread awhile ago Pead scares me every time he touches the ball. He presses too hard and im on my couch at home and i see this, why cant the coaches see it? Ive seen it since preseason. He reminds my of Bulger in his later years here... A turnover rdy to happen

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Another Trung Canidate.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Rookie trying to make a play then effs it up for the team. you hear it all the time. To be honest with you every time we get a rook fielding kicks and punts whether it be pead or jenkins i cross my fingers and hope for the best. Today proved that all rookies need game time experience and today was no different. Pead will be good as soon as he gets his confidence but those moments are yet to come. Remember when everyone was wondering when we're gonna get this guy in the game? well, you asked for it and in turn our confidence in him will stay low until he starts to do more for the team.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Not ready to give up on the kid since he is a rookie. I still think he'll get better and contribute for the team some type of way. However, that first fumble had me so heated yesterday. Too crucial of a point in the game to fumble like that. Keep him out of returns for now. If you wanna try him back there, lets have at least a 14 point lead.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

What I don't understand and it's not just our team. Kickoffs received 5 yards or more deep in the endzone should not be run out, no? I mean if you can't return it to the 20 yard line at least why bother? Even then getting to the 20 is a wash. I'm just don't get it. Maybe Pead is trying to prove something to the coaching staff but he's failing miserably!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast