Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Isaiah Pead Highlights and Thoughts

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Isaiah Pead Highlights and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Like the first play of the 2011 season against Philly where he broke off a 47 yard TD run. Give Jackson half a chance, and he'll make big plays.
    Hopefully next time he doesn't injure his leg.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Hopefully next time he doesn't injure his leg.

Amen to that.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Great pickup,really hope this kid can be a great complement to SJ39 this up coming season.I read that Fish and Snead actually think he can eventually be Sj39 successor,hopefully not this after this season but after Sj has nothing left wouldnt mind this kid being the next guy up.Personally ive always been more of a fan of the quick backs like lesean and CJ2k because they have more of a chance to make a play out of nothing because of their pure speed and elusiveness.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    That was the one knock of Marshall Faulk when he came out of college... think he did pretty well wouldn't you say?
    Oh I didn't know that. He sure did do pretty well. I like the pick regardless and he says all the right things.
    ZiaRam likes this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I see Pead as more of a Tiki Barber. Nice speed, good receiver and has enough shift to get past a few guys per year. Pead provides the threat of moving from the backfield out to the slot as a receiver like Barber. Match him with a guy who can pound the ball in short yardage and he'll be perfectly fine as a starter. I see the Rams doing more of a Giants rushing attack.

Pead is considered skinny. I'd expect him to be more like 210-215 lbs in 14 months. That's a nice sized RB. It's considered small but the reality is it's average.

Ray Rice is short but has large muscular legs. I don't see the comparison. Rice is MJD.

Comparing Pead to Faulk isn't doing Pead any favors.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -05-02-2012 at 11:59 AM.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post

I moved to Cinci last fall, and since I had no cable I got to watch a lot of UC football. Every game Pead stuck out. This kid is quick and has some great moves. He also has good hands. I see LeSean McCoy potential and we couldn't ask for a better RB for him to train under. That being said he'll never be a bell cow. He will be a great addition to the team, but we will need to look for a bruiser in a year or two once Jax starts wearing out to help in third and short and goal line situations.
    chucknbob

I hope you are right on Pead. Unfortunately, after the Mardy Gilyard flameout I am kinda down on Bearcat players producing in the NFL. They always seem to look tremendous on their college highlight reels but then don't do much in the NFL.

I was really hoping that the Rams would have taken Lavonte David with that pick. I understand the thought process behind getting Pead; I just hope I am not "Pead" off with him after a few years.

WHAT SAY YE?

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by J-RodRamFan View Post
    Oh I didn't know that. He sure did do pretty well. I like the pick regardless and he says all the right things.
    Right? That is actually favorite thing about Pead so far is that he wants to be in SJ's left pocket and learn how to be a game changer better, take care of his body for the long term, and how to be a pro. Impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Comparing Pead to Faulk isn't doing Pead any favors.
    As someone stated earlier the knock he was giving Pead is he couldn't sustain hits on the pro level, Faulk on the same hand had the same comparison coming out of college. Am no way am I saying Pead is Faulk on that it is unfair to think that of a prospect before he even takes the field.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    chucknbob

I hope you are right on Pead. Unfortunately, after the Mardy Gilyard flameout I am kinda down on Bearcat players producing in the NFL. They always seem to look tremendous on their college highlight reels but then don't do much in the NFL.

I was really hoping that the Rams would have taken Lavonte David with that pick. I understand the thought process behind getting Pead; I just hope I am not "Pead" off with him after a few years.

WHAT SAY YE?
    I say it's kind of dumb to judge a player based on how Mardy Gilyard turned out. Cincy could turn out 120 busts in a row and it would still have no bearing on whether or not Pead turns in to a great player. The only thing that will determine that is Pead and his skills.
    ManofGod and GROUND DOG 39 like this.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I can't say much about Gilyards college career, or any other UC player for that matter. This is the first season I ever watched UC football, and I'm just a casual observer, not a fanboy and I didn't follow his stats. He just seemed to have the explosive nature I thought would fit well into a fast NFL offense.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

wow im VERY excited to see ipead in the horns after watching this video...
    his burst and his change of direction are really good.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    chucknbob

WHAT SAY YE?
    Connor Barwin turned out okay. Cincinnati seems to be producing some NFL capable players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12