Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Isiah Pead. Isiah Pead?!

MoStateRam is offline Registered User

Isiah Pead. Isiah Pead?!

Still hate this pick. Traded down to get this guy while he hasn't even played and Richardson is straight balling out... Didn't like it then and I don't like it now when he's proving me right. Should have taken a lineman or taken one of Mike Adams/Reuben Randle there. But ifs and butts and all that. Wish I had the cash to eff up a draft.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Isiah Pead. Isiah Pead?!

We're 4 games into the season, why dont you take it easy? And btw, Rueben Randle has been beat out by Dominik Hixon (Tears his ACL every year) and Ramses Barden, a bust. The same goes for Mike Adams, he's often injured and outplayed by Max Starks, so I don't get your point..
    lostsoul and ManofGod like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Yeah I agree, such a shame to see a RB taken that high in the draft fail to show us what he did in college. Only consolation is D-Rich and what he's shown thus far.

MoStateRam is offline Registered User

Isiah Pead. Isiah Pead?!

Well maybe mentioning those two was the wrong move but that's who I wanted before the draft so why use what we know now to try and look like a genius? My picks probably wouldn't have been better is what I was saying.

But I definitely would have rather had Alshon Jeffery than Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by MoStateRam View Post
    Well maybe mentioning those two was the wrong move but that's who I wanted before the draft so why use what we know now to try and look like a genius? My picks probably wouldn't have been better is what I was saying.

But I definitely would have rather had Alshon Jeffery than Quick.
    Understood. I never considered taking Pead, I like Jeffery too, but I did like Quick. I still think this draft class was top notch. In a few years these guys will be key pieces.

THE DREAM TEAM

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Lets give pead some more time before writing him off
    HUbison, Rambos, laram0 and 1 others like this.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Well if we hit on richardson a 7th rounder does it matter if we missed on pead... At this point he just needs to keep working and focus on making an impact on the return game at this point

As long as richardson proves to be a solid back-up and pead establishes himself as a good returner both picks would be great

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

The thing I love about this regime is that they are going to play the best guy, regardless of draft stock, contract status, or former NFL pedigree. If the 2nd round pick is bothering you, just try to imagine D-Rich and Pead switching draft places, now you should be satisfied, at least it works for me.
    Rambunctious and ManofGod like this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

instead of where's waldo where's pead?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't think Barden is a bust; he's coming off a nine reception, 138 yard game. He was just a small school prospect who took longer to develop.

As for Pead, it's true that he hasn't contributed yet, but I don't think we should treat Richardson's success as representing a failure by Pead. It could just be that his blocking isn't where it needs to be, or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I don't think Barden is a bust; he's coming off a nine reception, 138 yard game. He was just a small school prospect who took longer to develop.

As for Pead, it's true that he hasn't contributed yet, but I don't think we should treat Richardson's success as representing a failure by Pead. It could just be that his blocking isn't where it needs to be, or something along those lines.
    Im well aware of the game that Barden had, against a horrible rookie CB. What did he do the 2 and a quarter years prior to that 1 game?

THE DREAM TEAM

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

yeah judging a rookie player after 4 games that's usually what smart analysts do. I mean it's not any rookie has ever improved after his first 4 games.
    Ramblin` Ram likes this.

LARAM is offline Registered User

I actually see Pead possibly being a Marshall Faulk style clone in a couple of years. Another example, look how CJ was used under Jeff Fisher in Tennesse the first couple of years in the league. I think it's just a matter of play timing and upgrades to the O-Line. The O-Line is probably the bigest factor in our less than stellar running game thus far. Imagine if we do huge O-line upgrades in the offseason, maybe bring in a couple of top available free agent O-Linemen, and then strike gold in a couple of draft pick......Jeez the potential!!!!!!!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Im well aware of the game that Barden had, against a horrible rookie CB. What did he do the 2 and a quarter years prior to that 1 game?
    I'm guessing he spent that time getting the positional coaching and conditioning program that wasn't available at Cal Poly San Luis Obipso. Unlike baseball, prospects don't get two or three years of seasoning in the minors before showing up on the major league roster even though some of them need it.
    RockinRam, ManofGod and DE_Ramfan like this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I did it hilarious that because Pead hasn't played much in four games that it's considered the Rams screwed up the whole draft

Some people need to get some perspective when it comes to the draft and rookies. To get contributions from as many rookies that we have so far is pretty much unheard of in the NFL. Brockers saw the field for the first time after his injury, Jenkins has been ridiculously good, Johnson has an Int, Quick and Givens are catching passes, Richardson is Jackson's back up and our two kickers are destroying it when it comes to special teams. Watkins would be starting if it wasn't for his injury.

But the thing that I don't get it that people are annoyed that Pead isn't getting on the field when he doesn't have to. We have Richardson, we had time to let Pead develop. Just be patient and be realistic. No team has ever hit on every draft pick in a draft, and no team has ever had major contributions from all their draft picks after just four games
    LARAM likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast