Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Isiah Pead. Isiah Pead?!

emuen is offline Registered User

Re: Isiah Pead. Isiah Pead?!

While Pead hasn't looked at all impressive in limited action, you have to remember that it's good play by another rookie (and Steven Jackson) that is keeping him of the field. With a offense that can't sustain drives, and kickoff under the new rules being maybe one return a game, there are really no need to dress two similar types as backup RB's.
    I for one am more glad we hit on a 7th round RB then that we might have missed on a 2nd. We got our backup, on to next position

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I find it somewhat amusing when people complain about Pead, given that another rookie is out-playing him and being fairly productive.

It kind of reminds me of the old joke in which a man sees his Jewish Mother-in-Law for the first time after she has purchased him two ties for his birthday. She notices him wearing one of the ties and says "So.... you didn't like the other tie?"

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I find it somewhat amusing when people complain about Pead, given that another rookie is out-playing him and being fairly productive.

It kind of reminds me of the old joke in which a man sees his Jewish Mother-in-Law for the first time after she has purchased him two ties for his birthday. She notices him wearing one of the ties and says "So.... you didn't like the other tie?"
    Classic! I never heard that one before. As regards Pead, he made the team so he must have shown something the coaches like.

MoStateRam is offline Registered User

Isiah Pead. Isiah Pead?!

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Understood. I never considered taking Pead, I like Jeffery too, but I did like Quick. I still think this draft class was top notch. In a few years these guys will be key pieces.
    Yes absolutely! The defensive guys are making an immediate impact, and really it's one year. The offensive guys might come around, late bloomers hopefully.

Isiah Pead. Isiah Pead?!

I don't think Pead will ever make an impact. And my reasoning for Jeffery over Quick is this: Jeffery is ready to play now, and while Quick is a physical freak he is raaaaaw as a receiver. They could have had Jeffery, who spent his college years playing SEC defenses, and then gotten someone in this next draft like Sammy Watkins or Keenan Allen who are both physical freaks and ready to play.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

I am glad we drafted Pead....he is a monter in madden...lol

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Well Mo, your glass is clearly half empty. Pead stinks, and apparently Quick is worthless too. How Fish and Snead could not see this, one can only wonder. If only Stan had possessed the good sense to hire you instead of Les, we wouldn't be stuck with all these lousy draft picks now would we?
    HUbison and Flippin' Ram like this.

richtree is offline Registered User

Pead isn't bad...he is better suited as a third down back when we have a better blocking line....

Richardson runs with more aggression and attack ..this is suited for our line that isn't ready...

One thing no one is mentioning is the addiction of Khalil to Minnesota is instantly making that team way better...

Pead and Quick both with step it up.....Wells isn't playing and a off lineman will be our pick in top 40 next year

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoStateRam View Post
    I don't think Pead will ever make an impact. And my reasoning for Jeffery over Quick is this: Jeffery is ready to play now, and while Quick is a physical freak he is raaaaaw as a receiver. They could have had Jeffery, who spent his college years playing SEC defenses, and then gotten someone in this next draft like Sammy Watkins or Keenan Allen who are both physical freaks and ready to play.
    lol thank god we have a pro scout on our board. I mean it's not like any rookie wide receivers have ever struggled for their first 3 or 4 games(let alone their first 2-3 years). Someone should of told Victor Cruz, Brian Hartline, Wes Welker, Danny Amendola, Vincent Jackson and on and on this. It would of saved them from getting pro bowl invites, making millions of dollars and from numerous accolades.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Four games into the season and you're ready to give up on a guy and call him a bust?

Really....
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MoStateRam View Post
    I think you're wrong, and if you need proof that I'm right...

Rams 19 Seahawks 13

(See, I told you all I'd be milking this!

Isiah Pead. Isiah Pead?!

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Well Mo, your glass is clearly half empty. Pead stinks, and apparently Quick is worthless too. How Fish and Snead could not see this, one can only wonder. If only Stan had possessed the good sense to hire you instead of Les, we wouldn't be stuck with all these lousy draft picks now would we?
    Exactly. And obviously you didn't read what I posted before you replied. I said we should have drafted a receiver who was not as raw and then got the freak athlete the next year. Quick has potential to be good but he was never an immediate impact guy, everyone saw that. Would you disagree that that's not what we needed at receiver?

Isiah Pead. Isiah Pead?!

And I loved this draft besides those two picks, don't get me wrong. Just got a bone to pick w/ those two.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

It's completely understandable, especially given the Rams recent draft history, that fans aren't thrilled at Pead not having contributed thus far. He's a 2nd round pick- and while we can be thrilled that Richardson has been a find in the 7th round, teams aren't built on late round surprises alone. Your top picks HAVE TO be PLAYERS for a team to become the team we fans hope for. To say "Richardson has outplayed him" is as much an indictment of Pead as it is praise of Richardson.

This week, however should be about the bigger picture- which is that the Rams are 2-2 and relevant. Big game vs. undefeated Arizona in three days. Gotta' be ready.

Haste is offline Registered User

I heard on Espn radio the other day about 2nd round picks since 05-06, and there were only a very small handful of Wr's who were stars/quality starters.

Hopefully Pead and Quick are one of the select few.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast