Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    majorram is offline Registered User

Isn't it nearly decision time on Bruce??

Man I'm holding my breath here but isn't it nearly time the Rams have to pay Bruce the roster bonus, I think its March the 1st, $2 million?????

Bruce means whole lot to me as he does to you guys!! I know that we shouldn't get caught up on guys and its the team... BUT hey ITS BRUCE

Do you think he will restructure now that AL is the OC??? or the Rams will move in another direction...

thoughts guys

steve

"The breakfast Club"

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Isn't it nearly decision time on Bruce??

I feel pretty good that this situation will work out and Bruce will be with the Rams,1- we need him,2- the FO needs to do the right thing here and not make waves with the fans and Bruce has millions of them and 3- the clan says so.

MSRamman is offline Registered User

I would love to see them restructure as he is one of my faves, but if they're planning on him in a reduced role next year I can't see them paying a large roster bonus. I just hope they get it done...:l

39thebeast is offline Registered User

we need to keep him, even in his later 30's he is still the 2 best wideout currently on our roster we need to get something done. Maybe Al can convince him to come back for a little less change

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Al Saunders knows Bruce. Henry Ellard knows Bruce. They have both worked with him before and knows what he can do. Bruce may be a little older and slower than he was in '99, but he is a perfect fit for Saunder's offense. Cutting Bruce right now would make as much sense as cutting Bulger in favor of Chris Chandler.

Isaac Bruce is in control of his own future right now. He has already made a 'wink-wink' deal once, and he has expressed a huge desire to retire as a Ram. We all know he's not what he once was, but he's still better than a lot of the other WR's in the league. He'll do what is best for both himself AND the Rams, and a lot of it depends on Saunders.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I would hate to see Bruce in a different uni, but something tells me that being reunited with his favorite coach in SF sounds intriguing to him.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I would hate to see Bruce in a different uni, but something tells me that being reunited with his favorite coach in SF sounds intriguing to him.
    that may be true, but last season i beleive i remember reading an article on bruce saying how much he hates the 9ers, i dont know if it was on this site, and the fact that martz is there now could definitley change his mind. but im pretty sure i read an article about him hating them.
    Built RAM tough

money and playing in a system that suits an aging vet has a tendency to change minds.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

money and playing in a system that suits an aging vet has a tendency to change minds.
    oh yeah i completley understand what your saying, and i wasnt disagreeing with you at all, i was just saying about an article i read. i understand bruce loves martz and if he went to the ***** he would be their number 1 or 2 reciever, so no dought i understand where your coming from.
    Built RAM tough

itsguud is offline Registered User

I don't know why everyone keeps saying Bruce, is old and needs to come back in a reduced role. Did nobody watch the final game of the season. The two, not one, but TWo crazy catches with perfect toe drag! There are very few WRs in the league that have that kind of awareness and ability. Bruce is an amazing #2 still.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't see Ike going to the whiners just for the money, because that's all it would be for. A horrible offense led by Alex Smith trying to grasp a new system on a team that is going nowhere? I would equate it to what Randy Moss went through with the Faiders.

That said, I hope the Rams are smart enough to work something out in order to keep Bruce.

I totally agree, but with the BRILLIANT....SIMPLY BRILLIANT signing of Bennett, the Rams really can't afford to pay for three top notch WR's....top notch and Bennett...sounds like military intelligience to me.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I don't see Ike going to the whiners just for the money, because that's all it would be for. A horrible offense led by Alex Smith trying to grasp a new system on a team that is going nowhere? I would equate it to what Randy Moss went through with the Faiders.

That said, I hope the Rams are smart enough to work something out in order to keep Bruce.

I don't think it would be just for the money mike....Martz was the WR coach for the Rams during Bruce's rookie season. He and Martz have a very close relationship. Martz has a way of making QB's alot better....so don't sell Smith short yet.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Bruce is still the heart of this team. Even if he is old, he's still a great player. He'll be a good teacher for our other receivers to learn from. The Rams losing him will be a bad mistake.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't think it would be just for the money mike....Martz was the WR coach for the Rams during Bruce's rookie season. He and Martz have a very close relationship. Martz has a way of making QB's alot better....so don't sell Smith short yet.
    We'll see about Smith Tx, but Martz or no Martz, the whiners situation is not a good one and I just don't see Ike wanting to spend his last few years in the league dealing with the growing pains of a struggling offense. Time will tell I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)