Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Its "300" Week for the Rams

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Its "300" Week for the Rams

The Rams can't win this week.

Those of you who know me, or have read my posts over the years, know exactly how difficult it was for me to even type those words.

But let's be real here. The Rams are a mess. The O line is out of sync. The receiving corps can't catch a cold. The DBs can't catch a break.

Against that backdrop, the Rams have to travel to Green Bay to play the defending champs, who are playing like they are ready for a repeat. The Packers strengths - passing game, pass rush - are perfectly designed to take advantage of the Rams' weaknesses.

All signs lead to a bloodbath.

And so, I choose to borrow from popular culture and suggest that the Rams' model this week should be the Spartans of 300. They too faced certain doom against a vastly superior opponent. But into battle they nonetheless rushed, determined to show their opponents that they would not lie down and die. In the end, they lost - but their inspiration lead to victory on a later date.

The Ram need to show the Packers, and the rest of the NFL, that they still have some fight in them, and that they can still inflict damage. Steven Jackson needs to pound the Packers' front 7. The O line needs to find a way to give Bradford the time to throw against a somewhat suspect Packers' defensive backfield. The defense needs to pressure and hit Aaron Rodgers.

In the end, the Rams will lose. Probably by a significant margin.

But that does not mean that this won't be the week that the Rams turn things around.

Is this madness?
    Jonze, RockinRam and ZiaRam like this.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Re: Its "300" Week for the Rams

Is this madness?......Yes

The spartans were proud, i cant say the same about the Rams players at the moment

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

I guess I use that quote way too much....but I still like it.

Now, Av, I am not going to agree that this is our "Alamo". Instead, I wish to tell you a little story that you might have heard before...in fact, I would bet my donkey that you are really familiar with it.

Back in the days before the UFC, before Silva, Condit, and even before Couture and Liddell, there was a kid who should have been in the UFC Hall of Fame. You see, one day, he was minding his own business, and he heard about this fighter who was kicking butt and taking names. I'm not sure, but I hear that even Chuck Norris was scared of this guy. In fact, this guy was so tough that his shadow even made fun of Chuck Norris!

So, anyway, what happened is that one day this kid was walking down the street, and runs into this big guy. The kid was scared, but he didn't mess his boxers....no, instead, he looked up at the big guy and told him, "I'm gonna kick your butt, Bozo!" Well, this gigantic man looked down at the kid and started laughing. Two days later, when he could finally stop laughing, he told the kid to "Bring it on!".

Well, the kid did just that. As a crowd gathered, an undertaker alredy standing by with a casket, the bell rang. One shot, right between the eyes, and then the big guy hit the ground, and was out for the ten count. Winner by a knockout - David. Loser - Goliath.

This week, our Goliath is the Packers. Somehow, we need Bradford to lead the Rams into believing that they are David. It's happened before - it CAN happen again.

Somehow....I hope it will this Sunday. But, I must admit, I have doubts that it will.
    sakl18 likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Three things must happen:

1)The Packers will have to sleepwalk or overlook us.
    2)The Packers will have to make a ton of mistakes.
    3)The Rams will have to play the game of their lives.

That Washington loss was so damaging on many levels- one of which is we have to wait 3 weeks (Bye week, Green Bay game) for a legitimate shot at a win.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quothe King Leonidas of the Spartans, "Molon Labe"!

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I am torn between two quotes for Spags pre-game pep talk.

1) All right, now, I don't want them to gain *a yard!* * You blitz... all... night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Rams!

or

2) ICEBERG! Dead ahead.
    MoonJoe, laram0 and ZiaRam like this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

not necessarily far fetched that we can hand the Packers their first loss. what has to happen? the 4-0 preseason team MUST reemerge. if sJax can fire on all cylinders and our line can provide protection this can be a shootout. we need guys to step up and replace the roles of the injured.

"Together We Suffer as One We Triumph!"
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

You can call me delusional or a dreamer but....

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Are you guys serious right now? You honestly think we can beat them? Thats just being plain stupid. Do you remember who has the best WR corps in the NFL? The Packers. Do you remember what team has 7 CB's on IR? The Rams.

Have fun cover Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Finley, Cobb, and Jones.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner is not walking through the door, Marshall, Torry, and Bruce are not walking through that door. The Rams have NFL players on their team like everyone else. This game will be won with coaching or lack there of plain and simple.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Are you guys serious right now? You honestly think we can beat them? Thats just being plain stupid. Do you remember who has the best WR corps in the NFL? The Packers. Do you remember what team has 7 CB's on IR? The Rams.

Have fun cover Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Finley, Cobb, and Jones.
    If even you cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel, things must be bad around Rams Park? This is how I feel too. My main focus will be on Sam Bradford and the rookies. Im hoping someone can show me enough for renewed hope and optimism round here. Im not banking on it though, trust me, will not fall for that one ever again.?
    GO RAMS

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Oh my, this will be fun.....

McCarthy: A 1000 receivers of the Packer empire descend upon you. Our passes will blot out the sun!
    Spags: Then we will defend the pass in the shade.

Bradford: My helmet was stifling, it narrowed my vision. And I must see far. My shoulder pads were heavy. They threw me off balance, and my target is 8.2 yards away.

The Scoreboard: This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. I will not be playing anything by Queen.

Spags: Rams! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!..........or that truck stop out by the airport, whichever one we get to first.
    AvengerRam and ZiaRam like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Hey! Even Bob Barker gave Happy Gilmore more than he expected.

Anything is possible...although highly unlikely.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

This week its "Yeah we have a chance, we just gotta do this and that". Next Monday will be "Fire Spags and Devaney! Draft Andrew Luck! How can we be so garbage!". Please, keep your expectations realistic. Otherwise next Sunday, Monday and Tuesday will be torturous on the forum.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The Rams are outmatched on every level, but I'll hope for a monumental upset and be happy with a moral victory.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast