Thread: It's been great

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

It's been great

I've seen a lot of stupid and silly talk here the last few days, so I will post my insight here and try to lighten the mood with more positives.

This season has been a joy. Its been a privledge to watch these warriors go to work and play all season with meaningful games. It sure did hurt watching our boys lose last night, but they weren't prepared and thats that. I sure hope they improve and learn off of this loss. I know it was very hard to watch, not for my own satisfaction, but rather for theirs. I know how hard this team has worked and fought with countless hours, just to improve, and they sure did, but just came up a bit short. I really did feel bad. Although, I think this was a blessing is disguise. Really, we moved up 7 spots in the draft. If we stayed at 21, I doubt we would have got the WR we wanted. Now we really have a good chance.

Anyways, we should all be very happy. Looking towards next season, we have such a nice young core of players built. Its really exciting. We have Sam I Am Bradford. This kid, damn he is going to be something special. When I say that, I don't mean Joe Flacco good, I mean Peyton Manning/Tom Brady good. There isn't a skill that he doesn't possess. He is the perfect QB and I am so happy we have him. Really, we are blessed we have such a special player controlling the team.

Steven Jackson is still playing at a high level. He sure could use some Guard help though. They frickin suck beyond belief. That has to be addressed.

James Laurinaitis. The QB of our defense. He is really growing and is becoming more and more frightening. He is going to be scary good when he peaks. Unbelievable 2nd round choice DeSpags, nothing short of a miracle.

Chris Long is a terror. This kid is finally living up to his potential. I knew he was going to peak this year. I knew it. He has put fear into the eyes of tackles all over the NFL. He is something we seriously want to build around on the defense.

I basically wanted to name 2 players from each aspect of the team. These players are basically our "pro-bowl" level players. We really have something special being built here. I truly believe that next draft we will complete this team. Get this young gun slinger a weapon.

Draft Needs:

1) WR - We absolutely need one.
    2) Guard - Carl Nicks is a free agent, thats all I have to say.
    3) Backup RB - SJ needs some help. Kendall Hunter anyone?

I feel like those are our biggest needs. We can solve the guard problem in FA. I feel like if we get these things done, we will be a 10, or 11 win team next year really threatening in the playoffs.

This is basically all guys. I will be doing a mock draft soon. I am really excited actually. Just remember guys, stay positive!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: It's been great

Kendall Hunter looks like a reliable WCO RB but I'd also want to take a look at Daniel Thomas from Kansas State. He has the same frame as Steven Jackson (6'2" and 228 lbs) so if he shows good speed at the combine, he can be a reliable successor for Jackson.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

sosa, I couldn't disagree more.

This is a sub-mediocre team that plain ran out of gas, lead by a coaching staff in way over their heads who inspired fear by always playing skeered.

They're not who you think they are. Warrior is not a word to be used loosely.

Joy? Is this sarcasm?

You, my friend, win the 2010 Carvell/Matlin Spin Award.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -01-04-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    With all the gravitas of Jackie Treehorn.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    sosa, I couldn't disagree more.

This is a sub-mediocre team that plain ran out of gas, lead by a coaching staff in way over their heads who inspired fear by always playing skeered.

They're not who you think they are. Warrior is not a word to be used loosely.

Joy? Is this sarcasm?

You, my friend, win the 2010 Carvell/Matlin Spin Award.
    They fought hard and stuck together. Obviously we didn't achieve our ultimate goal, but I guarantee you they exceeded basically everybody's expectations. No sarcasm involved, it truly was a joy. Sure it was painful watching the last game, but this team won 7 games. Lost 3 or 4 very close ones too. I understand a lot of the losses were hard to watch, but this team improved so much.