RamWraith is offline Registered User

It's game day - Wheres your head?

It is a few hours to the kick-off for week 3. It has been a tough road the last couple of years, but for me things do not change. Each week will be a new adventure. I will wear my blue and gold with pride and I will hang my Rams flag with honor. Because each week brings new hope.

I know where I stand....and it is 110% behind this team...win or lose. I don't hope for a victory, I expect one. This week is no different. Nor will the next, or the one after that. I just know that come each Sunday I am able to put the past behind me and stand tall in the midst of a victory. Our Rams will finish the day with their first win of the '08 season and we fans can feel much better come Monday morning.

In the words of a great man in a great flick

"We will not go quietly into the night!
    We will not vanish without a fight!
    We're going to live on!
    We're going to survive!"
    Today, we celebrate our" Game - Day!
    Last edited by RamWraith; -09-21-2008 at 10:41 AM.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: It's game day - Wheres your head?

I am right there with you, Wraith. My flag wavin proudly (In Broncos country) and my daughter and I sportin the blue and gold while out grocery shopping this morning amidst a sea of blue and orange. I totally and absolutely expect a hard fought win today, as the pride of the players ands the support of the fans will overcome an abysmal start. Should I be wrong? Oh well...I'll be back in the same frame of mind for next week and those thereafter. Until then...GOOOOO RAMSSSSSSS
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

I'm always pumped and I'm also full of that 'BLUE & GOLD' pride, especially the morning of Game Day. I have the DirecTV 'Sunday NFL Ticket' package for the sole purpose of watching every Rams game, and when the Rams game is on that's the only game being shown, no flipping back and forth to any other games while the Rams are playing.
    Today is the continued adventures of this storied franchaise, My favorite Daytime Drama, believing as always this episode will have a happy ending.

"Tonight we're going to party, like its 1999!" ~ PRINCE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night.....oops...that's the Post Office motto....I'll be there watching the game, on the clanram chat having a ball, cheering the team after a good play, and getting pissed after a bad one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is offline Registered User

I will tell you exactly where my head is at. If we win today, we have a real season ahead of us and a chance to make the playoffs. If we lose today, chances are incredibly high that the season is probably over as far as the playoffs are concerned. I continue to believe that the nfc west is weak and that 8-8 may get in, certainly 9-7. However, the odds of recovering from 0-3 are very low and the buffalo game next week will be very very tough, but winnable.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I will tell you exactly where my head is at. If we win today, we have a real season ahead of us and a chance to make the playoffs. If we lose today, chances are incredibly high that the season is probably over as far as the playoffs are concerned. I continue to believe that the nfc west is weak and that 8-8 may get in, certainly 9-7. However, the odds of recovering from 0-3 are very low and the buffalo game next week will be very very tough, but winnable.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    GC,I appreciate your bright outlook but my head tells me take it one game at a time,after today there is still 13 left and in order to get to 8-8 you have to win 8 which would be a hugh turnaround from what the team has done the past few weeks,but if this team can get on a roll like at the end of 2006,your prediction will become a reality and this team will be tough to beat come playoff time.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I am feeling hopeful about this game. I went to the local high school's game on friday night and the Herndon Hornets won that game 21-0. High school football is fun to watch and the kids crack me up.

Yesterday, the hokies beat the tar heels. I am down in NC right now and they aren't happy about it. I am certain my brother in law was trying to get me hurt with the bar folks by continually bringing up my hokie support last night.

Today the Rams will play and they can add to the positive football weekend by getting a win. I am not going to be able to watch the game live, but I will check on it and watch it when I get home. Maybe I am just getting use to watching them play again and have gotten somewhat prepped for a difficult season, but I feel that they will have a better game today. Maybe it is all wishful thinking.

Go Rams!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Go Rams
    My prediction
    Rams 1,872
    Seaweed -3

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    It is a few hours to the kick-off for week 3. It has been a tough road the last couple of years, but for me things do not change. Each week will be a new adventure. I will wear my blue and gold with pride and I will hang my Rams flag with honor. Because each week brings new hope.
    I'm right there with you Jason. Every Sunday without exception, I live and die with the game like it's the start of a new season. I just don't know any other way. What can I say, I'm a Rams fan.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

After reading the thread posted by Nick suggesting that Ziggy and Linny could be fired if we really stink up the joint, I must confess my brain tells me this would a great thing to happen. Having said that, there is no way I can root against the Rams. The minute the Ram players run out on the field, I am simply "hardwired" to cheer for them. No real explanation for it, I am without doubt incapable of rooting against them. Even if my brain plays devil's advocate, my heart just won't listen ..

GO RAMS !!!!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Even if my brain plays devil's advocate, my heart just won't listen ..
    Your heart just earned you some rep points Maui!

eldfan is offline Registered User

I believe as of 244pm eastern time the Pats are down to Miami so why not Go Rams
    :ramlogo:

Frito is offline Registered User

I just set up P2P so I could watch the game on computer. I'm pumped cause I feel good about today's game and I get to watch now.

I feel that even though the Seahawks have the most sacks in the NFL this year our O-line will step up this week. Holt called them out... so, we'll see what kind of fight they have. I'm rooting for them.

Go Rams!!!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I am AlphaRam and I expect a Rams win today. Carry on!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

most of the other struggling teams are doing well so far today so why not us?

now is the time to show the NFL what you made of Rams players...no more excuses about strength of opposition etc...perform now or brace yourself for the backlash!!!

Go Rams!!!