Varg6 is online now Registered User

It's getting worse, however Linehan is our coach...

Linehan is the coach, plain and simple. I am in no way supporting him, but I am simply saying...We're stuck with him unfortunately and we must pray he'll make the most out of it with the rest of the season. I also have a lot of doubts with him being fired this off-season, and being hypathetical, if we continue on this trend, I'm sure it won't get all that much better next year. So after that, he gets fired, and then another coach comes in (who most likely will have a bad year with his transition year), we're looking at at least 3-5 years of more awful seasons to come (including this year). Regardless of injuries (Which if Linehan's conditions in the off-season really was that "relaxed", I say shame on you Linehan.), we're not a good team with Linehan and his buddies here. I am not into people hiring their friends, unless the friends really truly do belong there which most of them seem like they do not.

With all that being said, I have a question. I have a lot of questions actually...Hypathetically, if we do not shape up this season, who do we get for the draft, 1st round? We still have multiple problems defensively and by the time we fix that and the offensive line (Pace needs to be replaced, I hate saying it, but its true, we need a new stud, and Barron is just the opposite of that.) we're loooking at not having stud WRs...It seems like we're always going to be behind unless we seriously start spending some money on free agents and get serious with our draft picks. That is what TRULY bothers me about this team. When will we finally be up to speed with the 3 phases of a football team? Special Teams, Defense, and Offense, either which way you slice it, it will always be lopsided. I like Leonard and all, but there were quality defensive and offensive (linemen) that we could've picked up. So, I ask you this, who do we get in the draft? Do we get Jake Long? Or do we get a good Safety?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: It's getting worse, however Linehan is our coach...

Shop the pick.

I'm serious. Unless there is a guaranteed Hall of Fame defender or Offensive Lineman available that early, the Rams would be better off trading the pick for a player or two who can contribute immediately.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

He has a whole lot of time this season to show he's a good coach. If he doesn't right the ship, he should be fired the minute the last game ends. There is no reason to bring him back next year if he can't show that he's a good Head Coach this year. Matter of fact, we'll be the laughingstock of the NFL if they bring him back for a lame duck season, if things don't do a 180.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Next year we need to do what the New England Patriots did this off season, aquire a highly talented skilled FA ( Randy Moss) or make a major trade that would help the team in the immediate future.
    It's getting worse, however Linehan is our coach.....and that's the sad part about it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Free Agents to look at:

LBs
    Karlos Dansby
    Boss Bailey

S:
    Mike Doss
    Jordan Babixneux

WR
    Bernard Berrian
    Patrick Crayton
    Bryant Johnson
    Drew Carter

DL:
    Jarred Allen
    Justin Smith
    Mike Rucker
    Albert Haynsworth
    Paul Spicer
    Renaldo Wynn

The Rams have to realize that to get talent, you have to pay for it. Look at the ***** D, its doing pretty good with all the Free Agent acquistions.
    RamsFan16

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'll take...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Free Agents to look at:

LBs
    Karlos Dansby

S:
    Mike Doss

DL:
    Jarred Allen
    Justin Smith
    Albert Haynsworth

Him, Him, Him, Him, Him and a new offensive co-ordinator.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Honestly, I know it doesn't always cure the Defense or Offense, but I'd rather go with a big name player rather than a bunch of no names. It seems like thats what we do most of the time (Apart from Witherspoon, who Hmmm, plays well!)

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams