Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By r8rh8rmike
  • 2 Post By Curly Horns
  • 1 Post By Ram Dragoon
  • 1 Post By rammiser
  • 2 Post By rammiser
  • 3 Post By fearsome foursome

Thread: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

  1. #1
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,155
    Rep Power
    107

    It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    That game Sunday was down right embarrassing! The Jets? Really? At our House?!

    The entire team would be hearing and feeling my anger!

    First order of business:

    Richardson...benched- fumble!
    McLeod...benched- 2 special teams penalties one cost us a TD!

    Bradford and the receivers would be practicing until the cows come home. I'm tired of reading that the O-line is to blame. No it's not, at least not "most" of the time.
    Bradford is holding the ball to long because his receivers are "NOT" getting open. Also the chemistry between Bradford and his receivers just isn't there. Practice, Practice, that's right I'm talking about Practice. Bradford should know and feel comfortable that his receivers are going to be where they are supposed to be even before they make their respective breaks. Obviously they're not on the same page thus Bradford is holding the ball tooooooo long!


    The Defense:

    Mark Sanchez? Really?! You want to know why? How about stopping the run?!
    The Jets looked like world beaters, in our HOUSE!!! I could go on and on but I'm not going to.

    This was a total rewind, looked like last seasons team!!!!

    We take baby steps forward and giant steps backwards. Please let me off of this ride!

    GO RAMS!!!!


  2. #2
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,246
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    I agree with everything you presented, and would add that the play calling by Schottenheimer was part of the problem. Why he felt it necessary to try and force an ineffective passing game at the expense of a virtually unstoppable Steven Jackson was hard to understand, and watch. There comes a time when you need to adjust and take what the defense is giving you.
    Rambos likes this.

  3. #3
    UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    688
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    Agreed.

    I stopped watching at the start of the second half, as I genuinely could not see/feel/predict (based on history) that there would be improvement in the Rams play.

    I just got bored watching them run out of ideas, and make irrational decisions such as to break off the ground and pound with SJax, throwing it on 3rd and 1 at a critical point in the game, never properly attempt to stretch the field with Givens et al, and well I could go on.


    Really quite a miasma of cluelessness on display for all to see.

    Shocker...

  4. #4
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,573
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    I take it your not Happy to be 3-6-1?
    r8rh8rmike and laram0 like this.

  5. #5
    Ram Dragoon's Avatar
    Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,226
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    At least if there is a plus side the Rams will not have the number 1 draft pick and have to pay him Millions...sometimes I feel that the NFL can give the Rams the 1st 10 picks in the draft and still they would be an embarrasment to the game
    rNemesis likes this.

  6. #6
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,155
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I take it your not Happy to be 3-6-1?
    I'm not happy how we got to 3-6-1...UGLY football is not for me!

  7. #7
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,649
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    At least if there is a plus side the Rams will not have the number 1 draft pick and have to pay him Millions...sometimes I feel that the NFL can give the Rams the 1st 10 picks in the draft and still they would be an embarrasment to the game
    You don't have to pay the number 1 draft pick an extortionately high contract any more withthe rookie wage scale. I'd have the number 1 pick to get more picks, or a premier OL or WR

  8. #8
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    I have to say as bad as the RAMS WERE Sunday the crowd was even worse. I mean where was the energy even when the Rams went up 7-0? The crowd showed just as much energy as the Rams did on the field ZERO! The Rams score a td and go up 7-0 and I thought there was an empty stadium. God forbid the St. Louis crowd actually try and inspire this team to rally. Instead they are sitting on their hands talking on their cell phones and giving the defense no energy at all. Believe it or not the team actually does feed off of crowd noise and even Dan Fouts called the Rams crowd a complete non factor. Pathetic and its no wonder the Rams always come up whn there is talk of a team going to L.A. I know some of you will say the players make a lot of money why do they need to be fired up. Well thats a bunch of garbage the crowds play a huge factor. The Seahawks are not that much better if better at all than the Rams yet teams can hardly win in their stadium because the fans are crazy. Even when the Seahawks are down their fans get in to the game and try and fire up the defense while St Louis fans whine and cry because the Rams are playing a bad game. Get in to it cheer this team on for crying out loud!
    Last edited by rammiser; -11-20-2012 at 07:05 PM.
    PARamfan likes this.
    Just Fix It

  9. #9
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I have to say as bad as the RAMS WERE Sunday the crowd was even worse. I mean where was the energy even when the Rams went up 7-0? The crowd showed just as much energy as the Rams did on the field ZERO! The Rams score a td and go up 7-0 and I thought there was an empty stadium. God forbid the St. Louis crowd actually try and inspire this team to rally. Instead they are sitting on their hands talking on their cell phones and giving the defense no energy at all. Believe it or not the team actually does feed off of crowd noise and even Dan Fouts called the Rams crowd a complete non factor. Pathetic and its no wonder the Rams always come up whn there is talk of a team going to L.A. I know some of you will say the players make a lot of money why do they need to be fired up. Well thats a bunch of garbage the crowds play a huge factor. The Seahawks are not that much better if better at all than the Rams yet teams can hardly win in their stadium because the fans are crazy. Even when the Seahawks are down their fans get in to the game and try and fire up the defense while St Louis fans whine and cry because the Rams are playing a bad game. Get in to it cheer this team on for crying out loud!
    Show me a city, ANY CITY, that has supported their football team through as much futility as St. Louis has endured. There have only been a few games since 1995 that were not sold out. Was the stadium full for every sell out? No, but at least it was a sellout. That is more than you can say for most any city that has endured as much futility as St. Louis has.

    Should St. Louis season ticket holders support the RAMS better? HECK YA!!!! Do the majority of the Season Ticket holders represent St. Louis Sports Fans? HECK NO!!! You can blame Madam RAM and Shaw for that. They chose their fans based on who could afford to most support expensive PSLs, not those who would most support the team.


    gap

  10. #10
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Show me a city, ANY CITY, that has supported their football team through as much futility as St. Louis has endured. There have only been a few games since 1995 that were not sold out. Was the stadium full for every sell out? No, but at least it was a sellout. That is more than you can say for most any city that has endured as much futility as St. Louis has.

    Should St. Louis season ticket holders support the RAMS better? HECK YA!!!! Do the majority of the Season Ticket holders represent St. Louis Sports Fans? HECK NO!!! You can blame Madam RAM and Shaw for that. They chose their fans based on who could afford to most support expensive PSLs, not those who would most support the team.


    gap
    Futility indeed, but does that excuse the people who were at the game from cheering? There were a lot of people at the game they just chose to act like Laker fans. I guess giving the the city a Superbowl after being there for five years really set the bar high. This team is headed in a different direction I expected to see an energetic fan base excited about what the future holds for this team. Well the best way to lose a team is by not supporting it even when it appears to be heading in the rght direction.

    Well every NFL team is greedy and raises prices and has psl's. You show them whose boss St Louis and dont support them and then you will be back to just supporting hockey and baseball. Your statement sounds pretty fair weather to me. When they stink I just wont show up but when they are good ill be there. Seems to me we were only 10 games in to the season and still had a shot to to at least battle for a playoff spot and the city has already given up on them. You can give me all the excuses you want and I will still call it pathetic.
    Last edited by rammiser; -11-21-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    THOLTFAN81 and PARamfan like this.
    Just Fix It

  11. #11
    fearsome foursome is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    [QUOTE=gap;444982]Show me a city, ANY CITY, that has supported their football team through as much futility as St. Louis has endured.


    Cleveland?
    rammiser, THOLTFAN81 and PARamfan like this.

  12. #12
    Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    [QUOTE=fearsome foursome;445016]
    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Show me a city, ANY CITY, that has supported their football team through as much futility as St. Louis has endured.


    Cleveland?
    I was gonna say the samething

  13. #13
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    The Whiners were futile for quite some time and they seemed to never lose their support. Redskins? They are only one game better than the Rams and seem to have loud supportive fans. This isnt about the past it is about the future and I would think the fans would be excited and supportive of the direcion the Rams are headed. If Steven Jackson was as fair weather as the St Louis fan base he would have quit trying years ago. Instead he pours his heart on to the field for the few who do support this team. Show up and be rowdy and show support. Lets not become the team that always has more oppnent fans than Rams fans every home game.
    Just Fix It

  14. #14
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    Well, maybe the RAMS should move back to Cleveland, as that appears to be the only city that would support a team that cares more about profits than it does winning.

    And as I stated in my post. Most of the real footbal fans were not given an opportunity to by PSLs, at least not the ones they want. The largest quantity of real fans are up in the nosebleed section, because whoever handed out PSLs gave the premier seats - the ones with non-cheering, sit quietly or complain about noise, only get involved when the team is winning, sell tickets to opposing team fans - to people that care more about profits than football.

    Kick out the PSL holders, and let the seats go on a first come first served basis, and I promise you that you will see better fan support in the Dome.

    With the current PSL system, this team needs some history with St. Louis, and the stadium will be filled with the type of fans that know how to root on their team. Eventually the PSLs will make their way to real fans, and the profit takers will be gone (I hope).

    Until the RAMS move back to Cleveland, this is the rype of fans they will have to please.

    Regarding the whiners, tickets were easier to get for the common fan back then. They also didn't have PSLs. Get the league to treat the whiners the same way they treat the RAMS for the past 17.5 years, and force the whiner fans to buy PSLs to be able to have the right to buy season tickets (yes, you have to pay twice), and I seriously doubt they have the same support. That goes for Cleveland also, although I do believe they would support their team more than the whiners' fans, and almost as much as St. Louis.


    gap

  15. #15
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,953
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: It's a good thing I'm not Jeff Fisher!

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Well, maybe the RAMS should move back to Cleveland, as that appears to be the only city that would support a team that cares more about profits than it does winning.

    And as I stated in my post. Most of the real footbal fans were not given an opportunity to by PSLs, at least not the ones they want. The largest quantity of real fans are up in the nosebleed section, because whoever handed out PSLs gave the premier seats - the ones with non-cheering, sit quietly or complain about noise, only get involved when the team is winning, sell tickets to opposing team fans - to people that care more about profits than football.



    Kick out the PSL holders, and let the seats go on a first come first served basis, and I promise you that you will see better fan support in the Dome.

    With the current PSL system, this team needs some history with St. Louis, and the stadium will be filled with the type of fans that know how to root on their team. Eventually the PSLs will make their way to real fans, and the profit takers will be gone (I hope).

    Until the RAMS move back to Cleveland, this is the rype of fans they will have to please.

    Regarding the whiners, tickets were easier to get for the common fan back then. They also didn't have PSLs. Get the league to treat the whiners the same way they treat the RAMS for the past 17.5 years, and force the whiner fans to buy PSLs to be able to have the right to buy season tickets (yes, you have to pay twice), and I seriously doubt they have the same support. That goes for Cleveland also, although I do believe they would support their team more than the whiners' fans, and almost as much as St. Louis.


    gap


    Hi Gap....good points. I think the new Whiner stadium is going the same route BUT from what I hear and read, averge joe is going to fork out what it takes to stay a season ticket holder in new stadium. I believe I heard over 70% of current season ticket holders are going to move along wiith more signing on everyday.

Similar Threads

  1. Jeff Fisher
    By NJ Ramsfan1 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. Jeff fisher?
    By laram0 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: -04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
  4. Jeff Fisher: New Rams HC and Good Samaritan
    By Truth in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -01-17-2012, 11:23 AM
  5. Why Jeff Fisher?
    By DE_Ramfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: -11-28-2011, 05:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •