Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Its official: Stan Kroenke is the owner of the Rams

It's about time!

Now we can try to win games again!

supachump is offline Registered User

I have a bad feeling about the whole Kroenke thing. Sadly, I think football will be leaving St. Louis before long.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    I have a bad feeling about the whole Kroenke thing. Sadly, I think football will be leaving St. Louis before long.
    Where do you get that? Kroenke joined a group to try to get a team in St. Louis even before the Rams came to town, and he didn't buy into the Rams until they moved to St. Louis. Why would a Missouri native go to the trouble of trying to get an expansion team in Missouri and become a minority owner when a team finally did move to Missouri if all he really wanted to do was own a team somewhere else?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Are you kidding? Kroenke was huge in bringing the Rams to St. Louis. He is a grad of Missouri and is based out of Columbia, MO.

I got to meet Stan once in 2002 - I have the feeling that he wouldn't move the Rams. Conversely, had I bought them, they would have been moved to Oklahoma.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

That feeling is probably just gas. If you were to put every potential owner on a spectrum of "staying-or-going", Kroenke would be to the far end of "staying".
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Just a feeling. I hope you guys are right. But a feeling is a feeling. And I usually get a pretty good read on people.

My take is that he wants to keep it in St. Louis. But, as can be expected, business is far more important. If a better deal comes along with a better stadium... He will probably check out without much thought. Business man first. St. Louis second. He also seems pretty noncommittal in interviews. Even the ones from just the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Why would a Missouri native go to the trouble of trying to get an expansion team in Missouri and become a minority owner when a team finally did move to Missouri if all he really wanted to do was own a team somewhere else?
    Like I said in the previous post. He is a business man, and that will override anything else. When you have that much money tied up in something, you go where you make more money on that money if that opportunity comes up.

I've worked with a group that put together close to a billion dollars to form a company. While I hope Stan is different. I know how cutthroat these people can be, no matter where their perceived alliances may fall. They say one thing while thinking another. However, if you read interviews, he is just saying what I'm thinking. If the money doesn't flow in STL and a better deal comes along elsewhere.....

Again. I want the team to stay in St.Louis. I would be saddened if they moved. I may live in California, but I was born and raised in St. Louis and still, after 20 years of living in Cali, I still call St. Louis home.
    Last edited by supachump; -08-26-2010 at 11:34 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

But a feeling is a feeling. And I usually get a pretty good read on people.
    Indeed a feeling is a feeling. But history is a fact. And what in the history of the Kroenke-Rams relationship would lead you to think, er rather, feel that he is moving the team. And how much of a read can you get on somebody from a few (very few) snippets in front of a camera. The guy has a stadium deal to get done in the next few years. He'd be a fool to come out now and say, "The Rams are staying in St. Louis come hell or high water."
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

As a fan who suffered long enough after the death of Carrol Rosenbloom, I look forward to the new era and many successful years I hope Mr. Kroenke will bring to the St. Louis Rams.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    As a fan who suffered long enough after the death of Carrol Rosenbloom, I look forward to the new era and many successful years I hope Mr. Kroenke will bring to the St. Louis Rams.
    Right. I just hope we can hold our compsure a bit if he doesnt split an ocean for us or try and transform us into a marketing scheme/ media smores(you know what I meant). On the same token, I look forward to seeing wha he has in store being how he is a competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Indeed a feeling is a feeling. But history is a fact. And what in the history of the Kroenke-Rams relationship would lead you to think, er rather, feel that he is moving the team. And how much of a read can you get on somebody from a few (very few) snippets in front of a camera. The guy has a stadium deal to get done in the next few years. He'd be a fool to come out now and say, "The Rams are staying in St. Louis come hell or high water."
    I hope your right. Like I said. Just a feeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12