Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mxbrian is offline Registered User

Question It's ONE (1) guy?

Is it just me, or do we have the opportunity to play just one guy this Sunday?

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking if that's the case, maybe we have a chance.

Who am I missing that I should be concerned about on the Philly offense outside of McNabb?

I'm just stuck in the mind set that if the Rams don't turn the ball over, they walk away with this game. Am I crazy?

GO RAMS !!!:mask:

RamSpud

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Stop McNabb, and the Eagles fall.

RAMSWIN is offline Registered User
    Wait a minute, there is one more guy..... ah man, what was that guy's name??? Come on, help me out here. You know, that other guy...............................:upset:

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    I think one of the Eagle fans said his name was Mcnabe.

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

PennEagle is offline Registered User
    Originally posted by txramsfan
    Stop McNabb, and the Eagles fall.
    Something we've heard all year.

And something no one has been consistently able to do.

If all you have to do is "stop McNabb" why should you guys even bother covering everyone else? Why not just bring all eleven guys up to the line and blitz 'em all every down?

We've got some decent talent besides McNabb on that offense. The fact that you don't know about any of them speaks volumes about your lack of knowledge on football.

I notice that YOu dont mention any of this "decent" talent ????

canny remember then :shield: :evilram: :angryram: BWahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Originally posted by PennEagle

Something we've heard all year.

And something no one has been consistently able to do.

If all you have to do is "stop McNabb" why should you guys even bother covering everyone else? Why not just bring all eleven guys up to the line and blitz 'em all every down?

We've got some decent talent besides McNabb on that offense. The fact that you don't know about any of them speaks volumes about your lack of knowledge on football.
    I know the Whiners stopped you SEVEN times on the one yard line. Lots of talent there Penn.

I forgot more about football than you will ever know Penn. Go study and come back when you are much more educated.

mrazzip is offline Registered User
    The Eagles have one other player I think you have to key on somewhat and that would be running back Duce Staley. I'm a Bengals fan (don't laugh) who got on the Rams wagon early when no one believed the Rams could hold their win streak together in '99. I believed in Warner early.

Anyway, Duce reminds me of Corey Dillon. He is a guy who is building a reputation for himself. Staley gets hurt some, but he is dangerous, not only as a runner but, especially lately, he has been dangerous catching passes for T.D.'s. He's no Marshall Faulk, but he must be accounted for.

The only other guy you might have to keep an eye on would be James Thrash. He is decent and benefits from the attention McNabb demands from the defense. They broke down a Philly play on Edge NFL Matchup last night that showed the Chicago Def. shutting down the Eagles on a pass play for the first three seconds of the tape.

Then McNabb, rolled to his left, looked like he was going to run, and the Def. adjusted to him. This left Thrash open for a quick pass with 10-20 YAK! Also, I watched McNabb run for lots of decent yards last week on busted plays. He can be dangerous.
    But, there is NO team in football who stops the Rams if they don't stop themselves. Martz is a genius, and Warner, Faulk and co. are a fine tuned machine that is going to roll over everyone. Go Rams!

Originally posted by mrazzip
    The Eagles have one other player I think you have to key on somewhat and that would be running back Duce Staley. I'm a Bengals fan (don't laugh) who got on the Rams wagon early when no one believed the Rams could hold their win streak together in '99. I believed in Warner early.

Anyway, Duce reminds me of Corey Dillon. He is a guy who is building a reputation for himself. Staley gets hurt some, but he is dangerous, not only as a runner but, especially lately, he has been dangerous catching passes for T.D.'s. He's no Marshall Faulk, but he must be accounted for.

The only other guy you might have to keep an eye on would be James Thrash. He is decent and benefits from the attention McNabb demands from the defense. They broke down a Philly play on Edge NFL Matchup last night that showed the Chicago Def. shutting down the Eagles on a pass play for the first three seconds of the tape.

Then McNabb, rolled to his left, looked like he was going to run, and the Def. adjusted to him. This left Thrash open for a quick pass with 10-20 YAK! Also, I watched McNabb run for lots of decent yards last week on busted plays. He can be dangerous.
    But, there is NO team in football who stops the Rams if they don't stop themselves. Martz is a genius, and Warner, Faulk and co. are a fine tuned machine that is going to roll over everyone. Go Rams!
    First of all, txramsfan, judging from your 47-10 prediction and inability to explain it when I CALLED YOU OUT on it, I'd say you forgot EVERYTHING about football and then some.

Sure, I'll mention names. Thrash, Chad Lewis, Staley, Buckhalter, Freddie Mitchell--not great, but decent. And lost in all this "one-man" talk is the fact that it's not like McNabb's improvisational plays are some kind of miracle plays--it takes the other offensive players continuing to work to get open while he's running around out there to make a "busted play" an ultimately successful one.

And this thing, I just quoted is absolutely hilarious and epitomizes the garbage I've read on here all week. Where do you see a freaking comparison with Duce and Corey Dillon? The book on Dillon is that he's a great runner and not as good a receiver. Pretty much the opposite of Staley, huh?

And this:

"But, there is NO team in football who stops the Rams if they don't stop themselves. Martz is a genius, and Warner, Faulk and co. are a fine tuned machine that is going to roll over everyone. "

is the issue I have with Rams fans. This kind of smug, blathering talk with no kind of factual basis at all is what I've seen too much of. I don't ask for much out of a football conversation--just some logical talk...and that's been in short supply here.

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    In the Rams two losses this year they have turned the ball over 13 times.They lost to the Saints by 3 points and they lost to the Bucs by a touchdown.So in two games thats a combined total of ten points that decided these two games.We have to give credit to the Saints/Bucs defense's,but the Rams did beat themselves by not taking care of the football.So,our thinking is not arrogance but fact.If the Rams dont turn the ball over,more than likely they will win.I really think the Eagles will play us tough tommorrow,but as long as we take care of the football,I believe we will win.

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

mxbrian is offline Registered User

Exclamation OK Backoff Turbo !

Hey Penn,

Thanks for chiming in. I started this post and let me explain. It's not that I think there is only one weapon on the Eagles offense, it's just that McNabb statistically has provided 73% of the eagles total offense this year.

My point is simple, stop McNabb, stop the Eagles. Not even the most die hard fan can argue that.

Ram fans are not stupid, neither are Eagles fans, but reality must dawn on each of us at one point in our life.

McNabb has the potential to be one of the greats of his time. He is a star, the biggest on the Eagle team. I just think if the Rams can contain him, they'll win quite easily. In the 4th quarter of the first game of this year, the Rams could not contain him and he ate them apart. Without his unmatched talent, the Eagles would be a nothing team.

Yes, just like the Rams would not be the same team without Warner but you've got to admit, the Rams would be a much better team without Warner than the Eagles would be without McNabb.

All of this is just fodder for the night before the game.

This, however, is not.

The Eagles victories came against the following teams this year in the regular season: Seattle, Dallas, NY Giants, Arizona, Minnesota, KC, SD, & TB. Guess how many of those teams were playoff bound? That's right, one. TB.

Congrats, you beat the worst team in the playoffs and you then moved on to beat the next worst team in the playoffs in the Bears, who cruised through the year by the seat of their pants playing a 5th place schedule that was so easy the NFL had to realign to avoid having it happen again.

Who'd the Rams beat this year: Philly,SF, Miami, Detroit, Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina, Giants, Jets, Patriots, Indy. How many of these teams were (are) in the playoffs? Well, let's see, five. That's right, five. By the way, two of them are still in the hunt.

Now, let's look at your victory over Chicago. Great game. The Bears lost to the Packers twice during the year. The Rams slammed the Packers.

Starting to see what I see?

I will say this, Philly has a class team. They are top notch guys and I like the whole team and coaching staff. If the Rams lose, I hope Philly takes it all.

Should be a great game and if Philly wins, they have pulled of what I deem as one of the greatest playoff runs of all time in the NFL.

GOOD LUCK!!!

GO RAMS
    RamSpud

bud4wiser is offline Registered User

Two Guys Talk or Eleven?

It's all kind of curious. The fans of each team echo each other.

Kill Warner, stop McNabb. Not very respectful of the other team members.

It's curious, both teams in the Championship, both relying on at least what I call "unbalanced" attention to their quarterbacks.

Of course when you get away from that match, the passing-most QB against the rushing-most QB things fall apart.

It will interesting to see which coaching staff and team will demonstrate this clearly.

Wasn't as easy as you thought, was it?

Warner and Faulk had great games, Faulk especially.

Nice game; hope you guys appreciated what you saw.

Great game by the Eagles. Thought the offensive line played the best against us all year.

RAMSWIN is offline Registered User
    I hate to say this but judging from PennEagle's post, the Eagles acheived another moral victory. Your team is 2-0 in the moral victory column against the Rams this year. Way to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast