Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

It's a Settled issue. Linehan is Ram's Coach - Period

Linehan is coming back. It's done - I heard it on ESPN radio. Shaw definitively said Linehan is coming back and he was unswayed by Torry Holt.

Front office mismanagement comes into focus now, IMO.

I can see these guys going into next year with the same philosophy that got us to 2-14 (or whatever).

Look for them to do the Patchwork interior O-line with journeymen and 37 yr old guys patched together with gum and old shoe leather. Mediocre is apparently fine with some in this Organization.

I don't see them recognizing their mistakes, much less learning from them.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: It's a Settled issue. Linehan is Ram's Coach - Period

Interesting -- even though it was anticipated. Thanks, Tony.

Now it will either be 'mutiny' or 'move on'! :\

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

loserhan is coming back next year huh!!??? I feel sorry for BRUCE,HOLTAND PACE because there getting old and really don't have seasons to be wasting like that with out have any team success... makes you wan't to retire before you really wan't to.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Linny should do the right thing and step down. It's just not working. :notworking:
    This style of football under Linehan is bland at best. The selection of Linehan in the the first place, two years ago, came completely out of left field. The source of the Rams woes can trace it's origins at about the time Mike Martz got sick, in the 2005 season, Martz then got into it with the front office and was canned soon after.
    Soon after, Scott Linehan was made Head Coach, who came in with an extremely conservative approach as compared to Martz. This style has worked with little success and at the same time being unwatchable.
    So who ever chose Linny, wants to give him one more year to prove that the Rams made the right choice for HC.
    If you must, I guess you have to give a coach at least 3 years to prove himself.
    I would hope if the Rams situation doesn't improve by mid-season, next year, that Linehan will be shown the door. The future doesn't look good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

he won't step down this is his way of getting back at all the guys who stole his lunch money when he was a kid, now he can say "I'm a head coach in NFL what do you do?"
    after next season Linehan can go back to being that little kid again.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Before the Steeler game, I watched the '79 Super bowl and the Hof inductions of Youngblood and Slater. Merlin was there, as well as John Robinson. They all spoke so highly of Shaw and Georgia. WHAT HAPPENED?

Linehan will return. That may be the saddest thing I've ever heard.

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post

...Front office mismanagement comes into focus now, IMO....

...I don't see them recognizing their mistakes, much less learning from them.
    there's nothing to recognize, really...the bottom line is keeping georgia and the minority
    owners smiling...the only way to do that is to keep the numbers in black...just what
    bean-counters are hired to do and more importantly, maintain...the t.v. revenue sharing
    will always keep the mediocre teams in the black...the money from the seats and
    products are only cherry on top...it's ziggy's job to keep the salary, bonuses and cash
    incentives down on a manageable level...

i've little doubt that the FO would actually like to field a winning team, but not at the
    cost of hiring a coaching staff that will narrow the profit margin...they must be dreading
    the fact that the rams may draft in the top 3 this offseason, which means top dollars
    in front bonus money coming out of the owners pockets...

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

On the Fox pregame show this morning someone (Jay, maybe?) stated that Linehan is safe, but that the Rams may be looking for a new GM. OK, it's a start. Hire Marshall. He has stated more than once that he didn't want a coaching spot, but wanted to be in the FO.
    Unless I totally misunderstand the way the NFL works, the GM is the boss of the coaches (to an extent). Faulk understands football more than 99.9% of those in the NFL right now. If Linny screwed up with Faulk as the GM, I bet Linny would be neutered fairly quick.
    Personally, I think it's time for Linehan to go. 8-8 last season was OK. This year, before the season started, on paper we looked like a 12-4 team with a division crown. The injuries we have had to deal with reduced that record on paper to 9-7 or 8-8. Lousy playcalling and coaching have reduced that record to the point of embarrassment.
    Shaw said Linny will be back next season. I'm hoping that means he will return, but as jock strap scrubber instead of HC.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampete View Post
    there's nothing to recognize, really...the bottom line is keeping georgia and the minority
    owners smiling...the only way to do that is to keep the numbers in black...just what
    bean-counters are hired to do and more importantly, maintain...the t.v. revenue sharing
    will always keep the mediocre teams in the black...the money from the seats and
    products are only cherry on top...it's ziggy's job to keep the salary, bonuses and cash
    incentives down on a manageable level...

i've little doubt that the FO would actually like to field a winning team, but not at the
    cost of hiring a coaching staff that will narrow the profit margin...they must be dreading
    the fact that the rams may draft in the top 3 this offseason, which means top dollars
    in front bonus money coming out of the owners pockets...
    Bingo. We have a winner!!!!

Those of you that have followed the Rams since Ms. Frontandreary took control and hired her boys, should know by now that this organization is ALL about the money. Yes, we caught lightning in a bottle with Warner and Faulk, but don't expect this organization to spend big money on coaches and the FO that are FOOTBALL people. Because football people would focus on winning at the cost of profit. Something Georgia's little group of bean-counters would never tolerate.

Don't believe me? Look at the Rams record since Ms. Ram took control and entrenched her boys behind the desks. She ran the team into the ground in the 90's to get them moved and improve the profit margin, when a group in St. Louis "showed her the money." She picked up and left with no remorse, and no feelings about the history of this once-great franchise. Since 1990, this team has four, yes four winning seasons in the past 18.

I have no faith that this organization will regroup and get the right people in place to become a top-tier organization. Not until Georgia moves on, and someone else that loves football, truley loves this game, takes over.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

It's easy for me. If you can give Mike Martz 5 or 6 years to go from superbowl champs to the toilet, you can give Linehan 3. That simple.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=RAMFANRAIDERHATER;204651]Bingo. We have a winner!!!!

Those of you that have followed the Rams since Ms. Frontandreary took control and hired her boys, should know by now that this organization is ALL about the money. Yes, we caught lightning in a bottle with Warner and Faulk, but don't expect this organization to spend big money on coaches and the FO that are FOOTBALL people. Because football people would focus on winning at the cost of profit. Something Georgia's little group of bean-counters would never tolerate.

Don't believe me? Look at the Rams record since Ms. Ram took control and entrenched her boys behind the desks. She ran the team into the ground in the 90's to get them moved and improve the profit margin, when a group in St. Louis "showed her the money." She picked up and left with no remorse, and no feelings about the history of this once-great franchise. Since 1990, this team has four, yes four winning seasons in the past 18.

I have no faith that this organization will regroup and get the right people in place to become a top-tier organization. Not until Georgia moves on, and someone else that loves football, truley loves this game, takes over.[/QUO

I DO NOT WANT TO SEEM LIKE AN A-HOLE BUT THE RAMS WILL NOT BE A SUCCESSFUL FRANCHISE UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE OWNS THE RAMS... IF THAT WAY COMES FROM GEORGIA PASSING AWAY, THUS GIVING THE OWNERSHIP TITLE TO HER SON THEN SO BE IT.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

If its not the BEAN COUNTERs in charge of things, its the lawyers. But even the bean counters have a wee little problem; lost revenue. If the Ram fans are selling their tickets, not all the games the Rams are pitted against are the popular Cowboys, Redskins, Packers and Steelers. How many Seahawks make it that way to cheer them on-or Cardnal fans for that matter---certainly Frisco fans have just as much (or little depending on your point of view)....by my math thats 6 GAMES that are duds for ticket sales if the Ram faithful don't showup. Futher not all the teams that are POPULAr are home games. Now that is just ticket sales.

The Rams and other teams get a slice of NFL products sales. How many fans are buying Rams merchandise these days? IF the Rams are all about the $$$, reallity in terms of black and red ink, the language of corporate America, may cause a shakeup...Georgina likes her revenue shares

Basic Economics 101 laws applie so does basic GOLD Digger rules apply

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    It's easy for me. If you can give Mike Martz 5 or 6 years to go from superbowl champs to the toilet, you can give Linehan 3. That simple.
    I fail to see any logic in that comment.

Let's presume your premise is correct (which it is not). What does that have to do with Linehan?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Might I remind everyone that it is WEEK SIXTEEN? I want to see written proof at this stage.

Again, it's all versimilitude at this stage. What Shaw says and what he does between now and the beginning of the offseason could be two different things. You can't not offer your head coach support in week sixteen. To fire the coach one week before the end of the season would just be bizzarre. We saw the debacle that was the interrim Head Coach Joe Vitt era, and that was before Martz left the picture.

With that said, another loss, and some more player guffaws can't do any good for Linehan's stock. A public vote of confidence does squadouche, save adding fuel to the fire. John Clayton reported a similar thing a few weeks ago without even citing sources, so I'm not sure I'd take the word of ESPN News for Ram gospel...

I actually always go straight to NFL Networks' B. Gumbel for my lastest St. Louis "Raiders" news

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Believe it as and when I see it.

If he does get a third year then its a must-win year for him.

As a query though, I would question why an organisation that is concerned wholly and solely with money (and I have sympathy with that view of our FO) would commit to someone who presumably won't be a box office draw next season.

I suggest they have other reasons than money this time perhaps.................

Just a thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast