Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

It's time for the Head Coach to go, period.

Yea, I know he's won more games this decade than most other coaches. And yes, I know he's only had one losing season since he became the HC in 2000. And of course there's the Super Bowl trips. 2001 alone was one of the greatest seasons this team has had. But that doesn't overrule a few glaring facts.

He just isn't getting it done anymore. This league is about wins and losses, and what has he done lately. He's only 2-3 in his last 5 games. How is that doing his job. This team isn't getting younger, the guys that got it done for us in the past are getting older, and we have to step up now. Here we are at the midpoint and we're only 4-4. That's not going to cut it. I think he's taking on too much. He's trying to be head coach and offensive coordinator at the same time. No coach can do that. The D is going to suffer when you do that, and it has. Look at the numbers this is the worst D we've had in years, since he came onboard anyway.

He's been great since 2000, one of the most original and innovative coaches I've ever seen, but it's about the here and now. And simply put, 2-3 in his last 5 games just isn't acceptable.

As a Pats fan, I must admit, it's time to fire Bill Bellichek.

Signed,

Joe Q. Patsfan

------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, could you imagine this? This guy would get run out of every pub in Boston. But not us, we'd probably make him a hero in St. Louis.

"I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

supachump is offline Registered User

Re: It's time for the Head Coach to go, period.

hehe. No kidding..

RealRam is offline Registered User

It's time to fire Bill Bellichek. -- Roy G Biv.
    :O To me, that is unnnbelievable! One of the finest HCs, top three.

Ahhh, *sigh* ... I wonder if the individual is out there that can, unconditionally, win the SB every season, but we just haven't found him.

:tut

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Hey Joe Q...you a little lost buddy? You seem to have wandered over to the wrong board. Are you looking for sympathy? That was a tough monday loss. I'll bet losing games don't feel so good to you spoiled Pats fans.

I guess it is time to blame the coach now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yodude is offline Registered User

I may be wrong, but this sounds like a tongue-in-cheek statement in response to those who are calling for Martz's firing.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    I may be wrong, but this sounds like a tongue-in-cheek statement in response to those who are calling for Martz's firing.
    That's the way I read it as well. Man, I didn't realize how many similarities there were between the current states of Martz and Bellichek.........with the exception of the obvious health differences. But I wonder if the real difference between these two is at the executive level. I'm just throwing out an idea or two, but what if the contrast isn't between the coaches, but higher up. What kind of an owner is Georgia compared to Kraft? How is Shaw/Zygmunt compared to Pioli? It seems to me that's where these two teams diverge from one another.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamWraith is offline Registered User

No kidding...it is almost eerie.

The only difference is the Rams and Martz have had to deal with a lot personnel matter than the Pats ever have to. How many players have we lost compared to them. How many coaches. How many more new schemes. But which team gets all the glory.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    That's the way I read it as well. Man, I didn't realize how many similarities there were between the current states of Martz and Bellichek.........with the exception of the obvious health differences. But I wonder if the real difference between these two is at the executive level. I'm just throwing out an idea or two, but what if the contrast isn't between the coaches, but higher up. What kind of an owner is Georgia compared to Kraft? How is Shaw/Zygmunt compared to Pioli? It seems to me that's where these two teams diverge from one another.

Yodude is offline Registered User

I agree 100%. I think at this point our ownership/front office situation has gotten to the point where it's simply an embarassment.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

But which team gets all the glory.
    The team that has won 3 super Bowls including one against Martz. The situations are not even close to being the same. The only thing the same is the record. Martz has been being questioned for years. Since the bowl Martz has had Mediocre season's capped off by bad playoff performances. Its not of matter of Rams fans being spoiled its a matter of us saying look at how awesome this team is why are they not winning. Martz puts it all on the players. What time of team leader is that? When he came out last year and said "I dont know the players are just not making the plays" I was done with him officially. A coach should not make statements like that to the media. Take some damn responsibilty for the losses. It all starts at the top and then rolls down to the players.

How many players have we lost compared to them.
    They lost Lawyer Milloy and Ty law that is pretty big.

I agree 100%. I think at this point our ownership/front office situation has gotten to the point where it's simply an embarassment.
    That happened when some lady moved the team out of LA after steeling the team. The front office has sucked since the 80's.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -11-08-2005 at 03:46 PM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

tanus is offline Registered User

you gotta love the "fans" that have selective hearing. Martz almost always takes the blame for losses or bad plays. wtf have you been reading or listening too?

at least if you are going to make a statement have something worthwhile backing you up. so what if he occasionally puts it on the players? guess what? its their job to make plays. is he supposed to baby them along and never hold them accountable? get real.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NePatsFanLongTime
    The only thing the same is the record.
    But for all those ready to run Martz out of town, the record is the only thing that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by NePatsFanLongTime
    Martz puts it all on the players. What time of team leader is that? When he came out last year and said "I dont know the players are just not making the plays" I was done with him officially. A coach should not make statements like that to the media. Take some damn responsibilty for the losses. It all starts at the top and then rolls down to the players.
    Congratulations, you have now spent your entire credibility. All Martz ever does is take blame. People were actually getting mad at him for NOT blaming players. Now you say you're done with him for dishing a little to the players?
    That happened when some lady moved the team out of LA after steeling the team.
    Awwww, now I get it. This is a LA vs. St. Louis thing for you. I see. It's time to join the other SoCal Ram fans on here and move past it. Other SoCal Ram fans seem to be fine with the Rams regardless of where they are, maybe you should too. But don't worry, I hear the Saints may move to LA and then you can have a team again. Hey, maybe you'll get lucky and they get Bellichek to coach the new L.A. Saints.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Brian Billick is having it tough in Baltimore, Gruden seems to have lost the troops in Tampa.....those two have won Super Bowls recently and I wouldn't take them over Martz.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

But for all those ready to run Martz out of town, the record is the only thing that matters.
    The record means crap to me at this point. I was ready to run Martz outta town along time ago and everyone on this sight knows it. I have never been shy about blaming him. He has outsmarted himself. When a team stepped up and smacked him in the mouth he lost it. That team being the damn pats. His play calling has been mainly one dimensional. He has went from quick 3 step drops getting the ball out and into secondary to long plays that run out of time. Bulger is not a run around guy. The line has not been solid in awhile he needs to learn from this. Get the ball into the hands of the guys that make people miss. Instead Bulger is a damn sitting duck.

You guys could apply your rose colored glasses all you want but it starts with the coach. If it does not then I guess you are saying Bulger, Holt, Bruce, Faulk(previous years)Jackson (you know the weapon he would run a couple times then give up on)are not that great. This team should have been a top team in the NFL and if you all dont see that then I do not know what to tell you.Poor decisions in personell have killed this team. Poor defence and special teams adjustments have killed this team. Now poor offensive decisions have killed this team. 17 points vs the cards. Cmon ?????? This division should have been dominated last year. The conference should have been dominated the years before.

Awwww, now I get it. This is a LA vs. St. Louis thing for you. I see. It's time to join the other SoCal Ram fans on here and move past it. Other SoCal Ram fans seem to be fine with the Rams regardless of where they are, maybe you should too. But don't worry, I hear the Saints may move to LA and then you can have a team again. Hey, maybe you'll get lucky and they get Bellichek to coach the new L.A. Saints.
    Dude your ranting is ridiculous. You wanna question my opinions help yourself. You want to say Im not a fan because I think the FORMER coach is not the best coach for the job anymore? That is just down right stupid. Implying Im a turncoat because I am smart enough to admit Beleicheck is a good coach. Do you think he sucks? The pats were a good team. I cannot stand them but I could admit the truth. Are you one of those guys that says everyone sucks but the Rams? Good teams are good teams. Hell the whiners were even good once.

As far asthe L.A thing, dude I live an hour away from the Chargers if it was a SOCAL thing I would be a charger fan. I have stuck with this team despite having an owner that I hate. Despite all the crap I have watched them do to good players. I am not gonna sit here though just because Im a fan and deny what I see.

It's time to join the other SoCal Ram fans on here and move past it.
    Its time for you to show you are a true fan and move past Martz. I will guarantee you he is gone so what now for you? Is it gonna be like the Warnerites that put him before the team? I WILL SAY THIS LOUD AND PROUD ONE MORE TIME, MARTZ IS GONE GUYS GET OVER IT.

at least if you are going to make a statement have something worthwhile backing you up. so what if he occasionally puts it on the players? guess what? its their job to make plays. is he supposed to baby them along and never hold them accountable? get real.
    Talk about not paying attention. I beleive I stated these things should not be put out in the media.That is locker room stuff not for the whole world to hear. Its his job to win games and make the team improve every year has he been doing that???
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -11-08-2005 at 05:24 PM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

rebel13 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Brian Billick is having it tough in Baltimore, Gruden seems to have lost the troops in Tampa.....those two have won Super Bowls recently and I wouldn't take them over Martz.
    I'd take either one over martz, in a second!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

one of the most original and innovative coaches I've ever seen
    Wonder if this guy heard that on ESPN?

Freaking fans always parroting this crap from the media, but just like the talking heads, they never cite any examples of originality and innovation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast