RamTime Guest

Its Time for Martz apologists to stand behind their man

Why I believe he’s starting to get it.

All of you that have stood behind Coach Martz during his underacheivment days take a look at what he is finally understanding, what would have propeled the rams to more world championships had he taken this stuff seriously during the years when we had more talent then any one team should be allowed.

Don't get me wrong either because I am behind this guy and what he has been saying.

"We're just not resilient enough and tough enough, I think, emotionally in a lot of areas to overcome some of these things that you have to overcome. I thought we were going in the right direction. That's why after the game it was so disconcerting because some bad things happened to us and we weren't able to rally."
    After Seattle game:
    "I'm very proud of this football team and how they responded," he said. "But the most important thing at this point now is next week we've got to continue with this type of effort." "I'm very proud of this football team and how they responded," he said. "But the most important thing at this point now is next week we've got to continue with this type of effort."
    I have been saying this all year!:
    "We just punted the ball very poorly," Martz said. "A 26- yard punt, you know, that's not good. That's going to come back at you no matter how you look at it. Sean didn't punt well at all. He hasn't for some time now. So that's a major issue."
    Some of you chastise Mart when he gets on the Players however that is expected of a Head Coach when building motivation. Motivation does not start with pats on the butts.

"There are some guys that we obviously counted very heavily on, that have not rose to the occasion," Martz said. "I can't put it any other way. This isn't a right to be here in the National Football League. It's a privilege.

"We've got some young players here that feel like they're on scholarship or something. Some of them don't get it yet. It's a small group of guys. We've got a real good football team by and large in that respect.'

But it's clear that Martz thinks some of the younger players are letting him and the team down.

"... When you have rookies that come in here, they just feel like it's kind of a rite of passage," Martz said. "'What can you expect? I'm a rookie.' That kind of a deal. That happens on every team. Unfortunately, we're in a position where we're expecting them to play at a high level, so they've got to pick it up."
    Let them know when they screw up. Yes publicly is ok if that is what it takes! Who gives a rats a$$ if someone doesn’t like it!
    "If I'm Kevin Garrett, and the two corners are down and I'm in there (playing), then I should've been prepared for this all week long,"
    Nothing wrong with telling it like it is even if the liberal masses don’t like it!
    "A lot of it is attitude," Martz said. "And some of it's coaching, too. We have to be very specific about what we're telling these guys. . . . But it doesn't take a whole lot to run down a kickoff, other than an attitude, and avoiding the blocker."
    Weather or not he can fix it; I don’t know however he sure as hell finally is seeing it!
    We’re just not resilient and tough enough emotionally in a lot of areas to overcome some of these things we have to overcome.”
    Sending the message loud and clear:
    “This isn’t a right to be here in the National Football League, it’s a privilege. You have to earn that privilege every time you step onto the field. We have some young players here who feel like they are on scholarship or something. I’ve made this point with them many times and some of them just don’t get it. It’s a small group of guys.

“When you get on the special teams units, your effort and your focus cannot be less than what you’re doing on the other side of the ball.

“There are a lot of things we’re going to change. We’ll change. We’re not going to sit still and accept it, that’s for sure.”
    Win or lose your going to see a different attitude Monday night. Sorry Packers.

And that is why I BELIEVE!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Its Time for Martz apologists to stand behind their man

Count me in, RamTime! Will elaborate later.

Nice job in gathering statements that are indicative of Coach Martz' sincerity.

Mistakes? No problem. 'Been there, 'done that. Weaknesses? Count me in.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Well I am not a Martz apologist - so no comment

However I will leave you with a quote that you missed:

"Everybody has a preconceived idea of how things should be done, and I guess I don't fit the mold. But I can't change. I'm not going to change."

-Mike Martz-

:ramlogo:

ramstiles is offline Registered User

for the people that like to criticize martz What makes you think that if martz hadn't taken over from vermiel that we would have had the success we have had with another coach

PTHOR is offline Registered User

Because, there are still some coaches out there that are not completely retarded, I'm sure of it.

Refer back to the Carolina playoff game if you need proof. >He still doesn't get it<

Maybe we should shoot for Erikson next season when the whiners dump him. either way we won't win the SB so what's the difference?