Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    btimsah Guest

It's Time To Rebuild.

Yeah that's right. The R-word. Too much focus has been paid to the offense and defensive linemen. If I were (and I will) to make a list of what needs to change, here it is.

#1. We need solid veteran big-name CB's. No more of these little nobodys. Fakir Brown and Tye Hill are good but not great CB's imo. That's why they breakdown late in the game when offenses realize they can pick on them all day and eventually bust one. They have good moments - which only serves to fool us and every Ram fan into thinking their good players. Inconsistantly matters. Also, Haslett is a weakness. Or more to the point - his scheme is nothing special and is overcomplicated. Especially with such weak corners so, number 2 is..

#2. Hire new offensive and defensive cordinators who have schemes that take advantage of and focus on beating teams in your conference.

#3. Give those cordinators more control over who is signed for their scheme. They know what they need, let them do it. (as much as possible).

#4. Get more playmakers with size, rather than just speed. You can make up for a lack of speed easier than you can for size.

#5. Replace our strength and conditioning staff and put more of an imphasis on EVERY player stretching before games. It's rather obvious this team is out of shape due to all the injuries.

So there you have it. I am not calling for players to be released but that would inevitably happen. Can Bulger work in any offense anymore? The guy appears to need 8 seconds to throw or he's useless. Why do we just have one explosive running back? I like Leonard but just doesnt have the explosiveness this team is seriously missing. Why don't we have a reciever out on the field who people might fear after the catch?

That's why we need a more powerfull offensive cordinator, someone to take the reigns of this team and steer it toward an effective and exciting offense again with the PLAYMAKERS to make it happen.

:r

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Re: It's Time To Rebuild.

I enjoyed your post, I found it very amusing. But having said that It's a good thing your not in charge my friend.

Ramanator is offline Registered User

I thought we were rebuilding? What really needs to be rebuilt is the FO, they are imcompetent.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

We're getting young all over the place really, I think we are rebuilding

TekeRam is offline Registered User

My question is how you can say that Tye Hill isn't a good or even great CB? He hasn't even started a full season's worth of games if I remember correctly. Has he given up his share of big plays, of course, because that is what happens to every CB from time to time, even with the best of supporting casts. Even Denver got ripped up yesterday. Give the kid some time to grow.

And what about Wade, he hasn't made a pro-bowl yet, should we get him out of town too? In all seriousness, what we need are some safeties that can tackle and really lay the wood on receivers.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

The idea that a lack of speed can be compenated by size is just wrong. Speed is honestly one of the most important things in football. You can get LBs that weigh in the two sixty, two seventy range but thats not going to help when the RB gets to the outside.

There are a lot of things wrong with this team. And a lot of it starts with the morale in the locker room. I can imagine that at times like this, it's hard to get ready to go out there and play.

There isnt a simple answer to why the team is faultering like it is. The injuries are a big reason, but this season has shown how important simple luck is in the NFL. Sometimes the ball needs to bounce your way, and it just hasnt done that.

I'm not going to concede the season right now. Or even think that the Rams could go 0-16. The team is still talented, and should start to click sometime this season (probably around the same time that the O-Line has the same starters as it did the week before)

The team will look better before the season is over. And they are far from the worse team in the league. All teams fall into rough spots and the Rams are in one right now. They'll pull themselves out soon.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    My question is how you can say that Tye Hill isn't a good or even great CB? He hasn't even started a full season's worth of games if I remember correctly. Has he given up his share of big plays, of course, because that is what happens to every CB from time to time, even with the best of supporting casts. Even Denver got ripped up yesterday. Give the kid some time to grow.

And what about Wade, he hasn't made a pro-bowl yet, should we get him out of town too? In all seriousness, what we need are some safeties that can tackle and really lay the wood on receivers.
    Tye Hill might have one pick in two seasons. Now he could develop, but right now everybody but Fakir is 'developing". They never develop. Get some veteran shutdown corners please!!

Wade and Hill don't look like anything special. Or more importantly - They don't actually DO anything special. The big problem we have on defense is we have to help our pathetic corners week in and week out and they give huge big plays. Even if our offense was good, these guys would let us down.

We will never have a good/great defense untill we get some shutdown corners. PERIOD. We'll always be at our DB's coverage skills because we ALWAYS have to help them. We think Fakir Brown is a great corner. Hell that inofitself says everything.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39 View Post
    The idea that a lack of speed can be compenated by size is just wrong. Speed is honestly one of the most important things in football. You can get LBs that weigh in the two sixty, two seventy range but thats not going to help when the RB gets to the outside.

There are a lot of things wrong with this team. And a lot of it starts with the morale in the locker room. I can imagine that at times like this, it's hard to get ready to go out there and play.

There isnt a simple answer to why the team is faultering like it is. The injuries are a big reason, but this season has shown how important simple luck is in the NFL. Sometimes the ball needs to bounce your way, and it just hasnt done that.

I'm not going to concede the season right now. Or even think that the Rams could go 0-16. The team is still talented, and should start to click sometime this season (probably around the same time that the O-Line has the same starters as it did the week before)

The team will look better before the season is over. And they are far from the worse team in the league. All teams fall into rough spots and the Rams are in one right now. They'll pull themselves out soon.
    Well, speed is important but in certain spots you need size (I think) AS MUCH as you need speed. In particular at corner. If you can find a bigger, physical corner with speed then you can be more physical and run more bump.

And.. as for this season not being over. Well, you can be positive.

Watching the Cowboys tonight versus Buffalo told me exactly why were terrible. Dallas had 6 turnovers to Buffalo's 1. Difference? Dallas's defense controlled the game while the Dallas offense slowly got on track. If the Rams have 6 turnovers, it's 31-0 at the half because our DB's break down in coverage.

Could this defense (with these db's) ever sustain or get stops like that? We got faked last year into thinking our defense was good (early) and eventually the db's fall apart, so we drop in zone to help them. Then our run defense falls apart. That HAPPENS EVERY YEAR and it's happening again although not quite to the same degree.

It's wierd, but if I came in here and said we need two big run stuffing defensive tackles - everybody would agree. But for some reason nobody seems to realize that besides Fakir (who is just good) we don't have an Anneas Williams, or a Dre' Bly anymore.

And until we get those type of DB's were gonna have an iffy defense.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    Tye Hill might have one pick in two seasons. Now he could develop, but right now everybody but Fakir is 'developing". They never develop. Get some veteran shutdown corners please!!

Wade and Hill don't look like anything special. Or more importantly - They don't actually DO anything special. The big problem we have on defense is we have to help our pathetic corners week in and week out and they give huge big plays. Even if our offense was good, these guys would let us down.

We will never have a good/great defense untill we get some shutdown corners. PERIOD. We'll always be at our DB's coverage skills because we ALWAYS have to help them. We think Fakir Brown is a great corner. Hell that inofitself says everything.
    I don't think anyone thinks Brown is a great corner. He is ok/good, he did look real good yesterday.

How you can make any judgement on Wade when he is a rookie who you have hardly seen play is beyond me.

Same thing with Hill, you haven't seen enough of him to know how well he will do.

One thing you are completely missing is if we don't get pressure with the D Line it wouldn't matter if we had Champ Bailey and Deion Sanders in his prime at DB. No DB can shut down WRs if the D Line isn't getting pressure and the QB has all day to throw.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    We're getting young all over the place really, I think we are rebuilding
    They have a lot of young guys on defense, but they don't do anything. They never pick off a pass. But my main point was that we need solid veteran db's.

Hagans is a playmaker. Does he play?

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ramanator View Post
    I thought we were rebuilding? What really needs to be rebuilt is the FO, they are imcompetent.
    I don't get caught up in the front office b.s. But from what I understand, Martz and the Front office were at odds. Which some people seem to think means well Martz has to go., when really it would have been better the other way around.

The Rams need to get Jason Garrett (Head Coach) before someone else does.

rammiser is offline Registered User

You want to bring in great veteran corner like who? Bailey and Bly are a great combo but the Chargers smoked the Broncos. This is a team game and having a lot of good/ok players on defense is sometimes better than having two very good corners and then not having enough money to pay players at other positions. Without a pass rush even Bly and Bailey would be picked apart. As for Haslett, you might be right there. Maybe it's not the players but the scheme. Although I think our defense has played much better this year than last.
    Just Fix It

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    You want to bring in great veteran corner like who? Bailey and Bly are a great combo but the Chargers smoked the Broncos. This is a team game and having a lot of good/ok players on defense is sometimes better than having two very good corners and then not having enough money to pay players at other positions. Without a pass rush even Bly and Bailey would be picked apart.
    Stop copying me. LOL
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

as for Brown being a shutdown corner or not, i dont think even Champ Bailey had 8 passes defended (including two ints) in a game before

majorram is offline Registered User

must admit I think the combo of Brown and Hill is not bad, and I do think that Hill will be a fine player.......But hey you could have the best of the best at CB if you don't have the passrush, it won't matter!!!

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast