live4ramin is offline Registered User

It's wroten, but is it dead?

Conventional wisdom says Claude Wroten winds up on a prison farm somewhere in the Bayou State instead of being on schedule to negotiating a fat new contract for starting DT money. And sadly the odds back this up, particularly with the new braintrust looking in other directions and Claude's file under some pile.

Though now somewhat vague, Wroten's case seems to have an ...enertia, propelling him and us closer to that moment upon judgement when his and our stock crashes and the whole damn thing becomes just another waste.

But sometimes the gods do like to have their fun. Think about this. Have you heard one peep from this guy? He's fallen off the planet. He's incogneto. Check that. Anyway, management's not talkin, the press aren't holding the presses, and Claude's taken a powder. Talk about laying low.

Any day now the RAMS will issue a press release stating the unconditional release of three players we've never heard of, and maybe Wrotens name WON'T be on it. A few days later a story by....Bernie (?) will announce Claude Wroten found Jesus, reconciled with one of his favorite offsprings mother; and while working part time in a homeless shelter may have found the cure for his own HIV and is back with the St. Louis RAMS. Then, having straightened his life out, Claude goes on to become all pro and captain of the team.

Whatever.

This was a fantasy I had about him. About his coming back I mean. Now we have Dorrell Scott and Harris.

Next.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -05-14-2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: herd? heard? heared?

I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: It's wroten, but is it dead?

I just want to say I think it's funny that a post about our stoner DT is bannered with Pizza Hut coupons.

Btw, great thread title.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -05-14-2009 at 02:27 AM.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Deleted post.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -05-14-2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: wrecked my own thread.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Swiss chocolate and lobster nuggets. Go for the chipotle dipping sauce. I've heard it's to die for.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Conventional wisdom says Claude Wroten winds up on a prison farm somewhere in the Bayou State instead of being on schedule to negotiating a fat new contract for starting DT money. And sadly the odds back this up, particularly with the new braintrust looking in other directions and Claude's file under some pile.

Though now somewhat vague, Wroten's case seems to have an ...enertia, propelling him and us closer to that moment upon judgement when his and our stock crashes and the whole damn thing becomes just another waste.

But sometimes the gods do like to have their fun. Think about this. Have you heard one peep from this guy? He's fallen off the planet. He's incogneto. Check that. Anyway, management's not talkin, the press aren't holding the presses, and Claude's taken a powder. Talk about laying low.

Any day now the RAMS will issue a press release stating the unconditional release of three players we've never heard of, and maybe Wrotens name WON'T be on it. A few days later a story by....Bernie (?) will announce Claude Wroten found Jesus, reconciled with one of his favorite offsprings mother; and while working part time in a homeless shelter may have found the cure for his own HIV and is back with the St. Louis RAMS. Then, having straightened his life out, Claude goes on to become all pro and captain of the team.

Whatever.

This was a fantasy I had about him. About his coming back I mean. Now we have Dorrell Scott and Harris.

Next.
    Are you trying to quit smoking? I've read and heard that Chantix (the new pill that makes quitting easier) users have been experiencing some crazy if not scary dreams.

Just asking....

thoey is offline Registered User

Wow... Just wow...

~~ Truckin - I'm goin home
    Whoa-oh baby, back where I belong
    Back home - sit down and patch my bones
    and get back Truckin on ~~
    This space for rent...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Yeah... no.

While I'm sure he has a somewhat cleaner slate with Spags, that doesn't mean he doesn't know about him and that Devaney doesn't already have him lined up on the camp body/release before camp list.

He'll have to work his big ol' tail off to get a roster spot this year and it would actually surprise me if he does. He was value pick gamble that just didn't work out. Oh well, move on.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Very good post / vision, 'Ramin.

A definite n e g a t i v e for CW.

Now that we have Carriker, Ryan, Scott [and other?], we can, and should, do fine without the smoky services of rotten. You're right, given the presence and ideals of Devaney & Spagnuolo, all signs point to the dismissal of this lonely player called Wroten. ...That he may learn from his mistakes and move on, as Teke said. As the Rams must do, i.e., without Claude.
    Last edited by RealRam; -05-15-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Format

Keenum is offline Registered User

lol what?
    I have heard nothing from Wroten in a good while. I hate seeing a player with loads of potential like him go to waste.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Rep points for a delicious pun.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

at DT we have Carriker, Ryan, Scott and Orien Harris as well as a few camp bodies. There is no room for Wroten at all