RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I've been quiet far too long.

For all of this season, I have tried to keep my mouth shut - first, because I didn't think Sam was the answer. I already admitted I was wrong about that. Second, because, in the words of Ray Parker, Jr., "There's somethin' strange in your neighborhood". Something I was familiar with, but still, it was a very strange feeling.

It was excitement about the Rams. It wasn't the GSOT returns by any means, but it was a Rams team that had something that made them legitimate. Something that made them look like winners.

Now, we are ONE GAME away from the post season! That's something my youngest rugrat barely remembers - the Rams in post season play!

At the beginning of the season, I played cheerleader, and said we'd go 10-6...or 8-8, or 6-10. I think I said I'd be happy with 6 wins this year, simply because it would be a huge improvement over the past 3 years, even with the holes we still had to fill. We beat that 6-10 record, and I am really happy. Not just because we won that many games, but because I was WRONG.

I was wrong about Bradford. He came onto the field and has played like a veteran. Yes, he made some rookie mistakes, but they were few and far between.

I was wrong about the O-line. Yes, they still need work. BUT- Saffold has been a surprise at LT, and they have done a fairly good job of keeping Sam on his feet and off of his butt.

I was wrong about the D. I knew Laurainitis would perform, and I expected Long to do well. I didn't think Hall would be as big of a player as he has been, or Diggs. And there have been some lesser-known players who have stepped up and came through when things counted.

I was right about being in contention for the playoffs. Hey - I had to be right about something.

GO RAMS!

Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: I've been quiet far too long.

Go Rams!!!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I didn't think Sam was the answer. I already admitted I was wrong about that.
    confession is good for the soul keep on my son

I am really happy. Not just because we won that many games, but because I was WRONG.
    yes yes my son keep on

I was wrong about Bradford
    keep on

I was wrong about the O-line.
    keep on going my son the lord is merciful

I was wrong about the D.
    yes keep on my son

At the beginning of the season, I played cheerleader
    Whaaa??? Now that is disturbing! 10 hail marrys and take off that uniform you are scaring the kids.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    ... I didn't think Sam was the answer. I already admitted I was wrong about that.
    I have to say I too wanted Suh (Hey, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it). I'm very happy with Sam Bradford. The only consolation I have with wanting Suh so badly is that IF we had taken him, our d-line would be feared. However, I think I'm happier with the direction we're headed right now.
    Last edited by Truth; -12-29-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

I wanted Suh as well, but when he became a Lion, had to drop him like a bad habit. Glad he made the probowl, but hope his Lions never beat us.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

...again.

(They won't.)
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Did Suh make the probowl? I thought rosters weren't announced. He should based on his sack numbers, but he has been mediocre vs. the run. A case where the stats don't tell the whole story. Don't get me wrong, he's a beast, but he hasn't been a run stuffer yet, although he is getting better as the season progresses. Playing in the big 12 that isn't a surprise as it is a pass-first conference. Less gap responsibility, more QB pursuit.

That said, there were a few fans in here Sam that wanted Suh and are now happy with Bradford, you aren't alone . Either pick would have worked well, but I think Bradford/Saffold is a better combo than Suh/Clausen would have been.