Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: I've never rooted for the Ravens so hard

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: I've never rooted for the Ravens so hard

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    im very happy for the ravens today but i still dont think i'll watch much of the superbowl.
    i just cant stomach seeing those red scum in the biggest game of the year..
    But them losing the biggest game of the year would be that much better.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

One day there will be a Super Bowl played by teams I actually like.
    Varg6 and THOLTFAN81 like this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I hvae a tradition when the Whiners play in Super Bowl. I do not watch but rather go out and enjoy the outdoors. It is always sparse wherever I go since all of my neighbors will be watching their "team" This year, i will go to Monterey.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    If you were a Rams fan the last 20+ years you'd know why we all have a disgust for the Ninnies. I will never wish well the Cheatriots especially Bellicheat.
    I've been a Ram fan since they set foot in STL, but I still don't understand the Niners/Rams 'thang' in California. I don't hate the Chiefs, albeit realize that they's never been much of a rivalry with them in STL, either with the Cardinals or the Rams. But, as I said, I consider myself an NFL fan and a Rams fan, in no particular order. I don't care for the Cheatriots either, and as I said especially Belicheat. The SB has been a bit of a disappointment over a period of time, so I'm not expecting much but hopefully 2013 will be different. If you don't watch the game enjoy whatever you're doing that day my friend.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    I've been a Ram fan since they set foot in STL, but I still don't understand the Niners/Rams 'thang' in California.
    It's not a California "thang". Dez is from Scotland and he instituted the whiners name being banned.

To get an understanding of the blood fued, think smug, arrogant, condescending, belittling, decades long hated division rival. If that doesn't do it, think Redsox/Yankees, Michigan/Ohio State, Lakers/Celtics, Duke/North Carolina.
    RamDez, thoey, Rambos and 4 others like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It's not a California "thang". Dez is from Scotland and he instituted the whiners name being banned.

To get an understanding of the blood fued, think smug, arrogant, condescending, belittling, decades long hated division rival. If that doesn't do it, think Redsox/Yankees, Michigan/Ohio State, Lakers/Celtics, Duke/North Carolina.
    Dodgers.... Giants comes to mind.
    thoey and r8rh8rmike like this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Dodgers.... Giants comes to mind.
    Perfect example.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Anyone who rooted for the Rams in the 90's should know what fuels our hatred for the Whiners. The ***** won 17 straight games versus the Rams, with many of them blowouts or with back-up QB's such as Elvis Grbac or Jim Druckenmiller. Growing up in southern California at the time, it was especially hard having to hear all the taunts from the bandwagon Niners fans. That feeling is one thing I'll never forget, and the main reason I'll be rooting my hardest for the Ravens to mop the floor with the crappy Niners.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    If you were a Rams fan the last 20+ years you'd know why we all have a disgust for the Ninnies.
    I will never wish well the Cheatriots especially Bellicheat.
    I gotta be honest. As a kid, and I mean less than 10, my mom made (or bought) bedroom decor with NFL team logos. For anyone that grew up in the mid 60's to mid 70's, you probably saw this material/fabric. I really gravitated to the Paitroits logo. I thought it was the coolest logo on those sheets and curtains. I won't say I was a fan, but I didn't dislike them. I may even have rooted them on in a game or two, unless they were playing a team that had players I rooted for. If they were a local team, or at least one that was on TV weekly, I might have become a fan of the team.

If the team would fire bellicheat, and have the integrity to admit that their 'dynasty' and wins since 2001 were mostly fabricated by biased officiating, I would probably root for them again. I would definately move them up to 2nd or 3rd favorite team if they would return any tropheys, and stike their post season wins from the record books. I am now, and forever, hooked by the Horns. They will always be my favorite team.

The niners? Only my Christian beliefs enable me to forgive them, but I could NEVER root for them. IMO, they are evil encarnate.

gap
    Last edited by gap; -01-21-2013 at 06:27 PM.

a Pats v Whiners Superbowl would have been the Perfect Storm in my books and I would not have watched it. Thank the lord for the Ravens now I can hopefully see them stomp all over the whiners

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    I've been a Ram fan since they set foot in STL, but I still don't understand the Niners/Rams 'thang' in California. I don't hate the Chiefs, albeit realize that they's never been much of a rivalry with them in STL, either with the Cardinals or the Rams. But, as I said, I consider myself an NFL fan and a Rams fan, in no particular order. I don't care for the Cheatriots either, and as I said especially Belicheat. The SB has been a bit of a disappointment over a period of time, so I'm not expecting much but hopefully 2013 will be different. If you don't watch the game enjoy whatever you're doing that day my friend.
    No self-respecting citizen that was born and raised in So. Cal, should ever root for a No. Cal team.

There, that's the issue. It doesn't matter the sport, baseball, football, basketball or even Hockey. You can't possibly be a Southern Californian and root for a Northern Calilfornia team.

Its a North vs. South thing.... That's why it's so irritating to see the "younger crowd" here that didn't have an NFL team to grow up rooting for so they choose the Whiners as "their team". Makes me wanna puke. ...and there are a lot of Whiner fans down here now.

But I also have a new favorite team (at least for ONE game)

GO RAVENS!!!!!!
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -01-22-2013 at 01:40 AM.
    RamDez and LA Rammer like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

In the 70's, it wasn't much of a rivalry. The Rams were perennial winners and SB contenders while SF sucked. This first became a heated rivalry in the 80's, when the Rams held their own but SF won titles. We became sick to death of Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Rodger Craig winning all the time. Professional jealousy.

From there, Vinnie25 stated it well. In the 90's, the Rams were terrible- and frequent patsies for the whiners. It wasn't a matter of whether we were going to lose but by how many. Humiliation.

That first great win for us during our SuperBowl season temporarily softened the hatred, as the rivalry ebbed a bit during the GSOT years.

And now that SF has gotten good again and we played two epic games against them this season, the rivalry has heated up in a big way. Their SB appearance in two weeks intensifies those feelings. They are the ones we must knock from their perch at the top.

And Jim Harbaugh is a guy who is VERY easy to dislike. A jerk of the highest order.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -01-21-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    RamDez and Vinnie25 like this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

it was sad that Falcons didnt win. I wanted Falcons to lose in the superbowl and you know what happens the year after
    live4ramin likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I hate the whiners and their cocky fans. i wasn't even talking football with them yet they decide to call me out shouting lambs. Ughhhh! Everywhere facebook, work cant stand it!!! why are they so cocky. we beat them, in my opinion twice, but it doesn't faze them. i hope Ravens win and they win big!
    RamDez likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I'm so glad the Patriots lost yesterday. Like most of you, I would have went on a killing spree seeing a NE/SF Superbowl. I always liked the Ravens so this is a easy rooting for me of course. We all will be bleeding purple and black February 3rd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast