AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I've picked the Rams to fall this week, but...

My "official" prediction for this week is Saints 30 Rams 23. Yes, I'm playing the odds here, as the Saints are the defending champs and will be playing at home.

Still, I have to say that I'm not entirely confident with my pick.

The Saints will be under a lot of pressure this week, as they need to win this home game against a "lesser" opponent to keep pace with the Falcons.

The Rams, on the other hand, can, in a sense, "afford to lose" this game. Their remaining three games, two at home and two vs. division opponents, better fit the "must win" catgory.

Will this result in the Saints playing with nerves and the Rams opening things up and throwing caution to the wind? Maybe so.

The Rams best chance in this game is to blitz Drew Brees mercilessly and force him to make errors. To do this, they'll need to be solid against the run on first and second down.

On offense, the Saints are very good against the pass, so the Rams will need to keep running the ball. I also think a couple of reverses to Amendola could be in order.

I'm not going to change my pick, but I'll be very happy and not entirely surprised if I end up being wrong.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: I've picked the Rams to fall this week, but...

I completely agree. And the Rams have had success against the Saints in recent years, even when they were the better team. If I remember correctly, we won a wild game in 06 in the Superdome, and last year it was our most competitive game that resulted in an L. Hopefully we can continue to play well against them and win this one.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

You make excellent points, while our team will come out with a devil may care attitude, the Saints will be playing tight and trying not to make mistakes.

I definitely see Spags and Flajole throwing the kitchen sink at em, and really their defense isn't what it was last year, so I believe Schumer Style can win this one.

Looking forward to playing upset and opening up some of the eyes' of the talking heads in the national media.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

If we win this game, boy i tell ya.... You know would that would do for a team like this???!!!!

rNemesis is offline Registered User

If we win this game, boy i tell ya.... You know would that would do for a team like this???!!!! I cannot wait until sunday

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

If we win... I will run naked outside my house with my butt-cheeks written "Saints suck"

EDIT: This might also be the time the Madden Curse will get into effect where we put Drew Brees on the IR.
    Last edited by Flippin' Ram; -12-07-2010 at 05:39 PM.

MACD is offline Registered User

I'll tell you this, I'll take our kicker over Garrett Hartley any day.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

It's like a win-neutral situation. If we lose, we don't really lose anything since they are the legitimate better team. However, if we win, this team's confidence will soar, their mentality will stay strong, and the media will certainly start talking about the Rams more.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    If we win... I will run naked outside my house with my butt-cheeks written "Saints suck"

EDIT: This might also be the time the Madden Curse will get into effect where we put Drew Brees on the IR.
    I expect that picture to be floating around facebook within an hour after the game.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post

Why not your regular routine of doing cartwheels down your neighborhood naked?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Couldn't say it better Av. We should not win this game, against the defending champs, in their house, with a rookie QB. But you know what? I won't be surprised if we pull it out, not in the least.

Those defending champs aren't the same team. And we gave their better team last year a fight.

They're not invincible in the dome: they've lost to Atlanta and Cleveland at home this year, as well as played close games against Minnesota and Carolina(!?!?) at home.

That rookie QB is Sam Bradford. He's 13th in passing yards, 13th in TD's, 6th in attempts per game, and has less sacks than Orton, Rivers, Flacco, Rodgers, and (obviously) Cutler. He has less interceptions than both Mannings, Brees, Henne, Garrard(once known as never throwing picks), Sanchez(lauded a couple weeks ago about not throwing any picks), Hasselbeck, and a very part time starter in Shaun Hill.

This is not your normal rookie QB, and after getting his first two road victories in a row, I don't see this stage as anything close to being too big for him. He's going to play loose and more that that, smart. Sam will take care of the ball against an aggressive Saints defense, and he will do his part to win us this game.

More than that, I think that the rest of the team will look up to Sam and see that this game is not too big for him, and so it will not be too big for anyone else on the team. They'll see him fighting and giving his all, and so they will do the same. This team will play fast, and they'll play loose. They will fight to the very end in this game, and you know what? They just might make some waves this weekend. Go Rams!
    I believe!