Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GSOT Guest

Re: J. Jones vs. K. Jones vs. Jackson minus 4th rd pick

Steven jackson IS a good receiver and blocker just like faulk so he does fit the role better than jones who isnt a hot blocker or receiver.

At this time, I would prefer Jackson. Jones running all over Seattle and Chicago honestly doesnt impress me. They are horrible against the run. Last week Seattle gave up 100+ and 4 TDs to McGahee. They let Faulk run for 139 on only 18 carries. In the same game, Jackson put up an additional 47 (and a TD) on only 10 carries. Earlier in the year, Jackson put up 64 with only 5 carries. As for the Bears, thats the same team that let James put up 200+ the week before they faced Jones. They also let Portis put up 170+. Green torched them. The let Onterrio Smith get 94 in just 17 carries. Even Pittman ran well on them.

Next up for Jones is the Saints defense. So, I would expect another solid game from him. I would like to see what he does against some decent run defenses. He averged 2.7 yards per carry on 30 runs against Baltimore. Also, Jackson is a far better receiver and appears to be the better blocker. So, right now, I would still prefer Jackson to Jones.

xfactor28 Guest

j. jones was already gone, dallas passed up SJ - THANK YOU BILL!! Jackson is stronger and probably just as quick and wears defenses out more. Any one can run on seattle, so thats not that impressive. Notice at the end of the whiner game before martz yanked him he was punishing the whiner front four and had them sucking wind. Even with the rams modest o-line. Just wait til he has a decent line to run behind. Hopefully martz learned from this and SJ will be getting 20+ carries a game from here on out. It makes the whole offense run better. If Bulger is in, the rams hit alot more passes. It was nice to see some deep balls again, though. Just shows you that bulger does not have a strong deep ball. Proven time and again. I think martz kinda liked having Chandler in there so he could throw deep.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Steven Jackson (St. Louis)
    Rushing: 100-496-5.0-2 tds
    Receiving: 15-138-9.2-0
    Total yards: 634

Kevin Jones (Detroit)
    Rushing: 145-703-4.8-2 tds
    Receiving: 19-93-4.9-1 td
    Total yards: 796

Julius Jones (Dallas)
    Rushing 98-445-4.5-5 tds
    Receiving: 6-24-4.0-0 tds
    Total yards: 469
    Throw this in there, too:

J. JONES: 26 touches per game on average
    K. JONES: 15 touches per game on average
    S. JACKSON: 9.6 touches per game on average
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Hasselbeck8MVP Guest

Steven Jackson would have gouged the Seahawks for 250 if he were a Cowboy...

Our rush D is horrible with a bunch of scrub special team MLB's in the starting lineup. Don't worry Rams fans, Seahawk fans fear Steven Jackson...probably even more than we do Marshall Faulk now.

He's going to be good for a long long time. Julius to me reminds me of Quentin Griffin...a flash in the pan against a bad defense.

moklerman Guest

Any one can run on seattle, so thats not that impressive.
    Best team in the league or worst team in the league, 200 yards and 3 td's is ALWAYS impressive.
    Notice at the end of the whiner game before martz yanked him he was punishing the whiner front four and had them sucking wind.
    Did he pull him? I thought he got hurt. Just like the fumbles he's had, getting injured in his first start is not a good thing. Is it indicitive? No one can know yet, but it's not a good sign.
    Hopefully martz learned from this and SJ will be getting 20+ carries a game from here on out.
    (sigh) How many times have those sentiments been uttered by a Rams fan? We can all hope this time will be different.
    Just shows you that bulger does not have a strong deep ball.
    I don't think Chandler's "punt's" would be considered good deep balls. He looked like he was throwing a lot of floaters out there to me. Just like when the Rams signed him(to a 2 year contract for god's sake!) I think his arm(and legs, back, etc.) are used up. I watched him play in Chicago a few times before he got to the Rams and there were a lot of skipped passes and he couldn't complete the out patterns. I'm very nervous with him back there. He used to have a great arm but I haven't seen it for years now.
    Jones running all over Seattle and Chicago honestly doesnt impress me.
    Again, I don't understand this logic. It's a no win situation for the rb. If he puts up 200 yards it doesn't really mean anything but if he tanks it for 43 yards he sucks. 200 yards is always impressive.
    But I definitely agree that the mix of a power running back who can wear defenses down would be a good fit for any offense.
    In theory, I agree with you. But, we are talking about Martz. Jackson's 26(woulda been a lot more without the injury) carries were the most by a Rams rb this year. In fact, Faulk has only carried more than that on 6 occasions in 5 years with the Rams(regular season). So, I still have my doubts as to whether Martz is going to turn over a new leaf and start to mold his offense to his personnel or if he's going to keep trying squeeze players into roles that they are not accustomed.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree, Mok. We can all talk about how Martz is going to be pushing Jackson or Faulk down the throats of his opponents, but it seems like a week or two later, that thinking is out the window. Honestly, I've taken to the mindset of really not counting on it unless we get a lead that we feel comfortable with.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12