Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Jack Youngblood: Rams 'forgot us'

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Jack Youngblood: Rams 'forgot us'

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    It's about continued appreciation and respect for what they've meant to the franchise thru meaningful acts- not just giving a guy a day of honor once and putting up a team photo in Rams Park.
    Nice post NJ. I think you put the issue in perfect perspective here.

sb34rams is offline Registered User

Deacon Jones had some of Youngblood's same concerns last year. It is sad to see that the organization has disregarded some of the LA Ram Heros.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Chris Miller, Jerome Bettis, Joe Namath, Eric Dickerson, Isaac Bruce, Hacksaw Reynolds......Other Great Los Angeles Rams, Never Forgotten!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Major30 is offline Registered User

I know how ya feel Jack, but I'll never forget wearing my "85" jersey till the numbers were nearly worn off. You were and are my favorite Ram. No matter where the franchise is.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

As you saw by the previous quotes from Demoff, the Rams have simply not "abandoned" the L.A. guys. What does Youngblood want... a job? Free air fare and hotel whenever he wants to come out to St Louis?
    I don't see the St Louis Rams alumni all over the place either, and I also don't see ANY NFL team that constantly has old timers around. Maybe one game a year in Pittsburgh or Dallas.

This stuff condemning the organization and former owner sounds like just more California fan sour grapes to me. The fans THERE have the most reponsibility to honor their former heroes, and what is that fan base and city doing? Nothing at all. ST LOUIS kept the football Cardinals alumni in peoples minds, with Jackie Smith singing national anthems at Busch, Jim Hart, Dan Dierdorf on the radio shows, and many ex-Cardinals players still in the area doing stuff in the community.

<<<<<Sounds to me like Youngblood and many of his former teammates would like to have a more active role with the Rams, much like other former players do with their teams. For whatever reason, that isn't happening and Youngblood feels forgotten and when he was in St. Louis, felt he wasn't wanted. I guess two invites in 17 years isn't enough to make him feel like he's still a part of the team. Say what you want about the motivations, but the fact is he feels the way he feels and it's a shame. It just shouldn't be the case.

If I recall correctly, Deacon Jones regularly riped the Rams publicly until they finally retired his jersey two years ago.
    HUbison and supachump like this.
    Barry Waller

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

"California fan sour grapes"? Really? This isn't rocket science, but Demoff and the Rams brass just don't seem to get it. You have the old timers around every once in a while during the pre-season, you give them the occasional opportunity to talk to the team, you invite them to stand on the sideline during a few games, show their highlights on the big screen, and you make them feel part of the organization they gave their blood, sweat and tears for. In Youngbloods case, I don't think that's too much to ask for a Rams icon, an NFL legend, and a Hall of Famer. Two invites in 17 years is just a disgrace IMO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234