Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Marc Bulger Fan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Jackson blasts QB benching

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/26/2008

The vibe in the Rams locker room Wednesday and Thursday was that several Rams players weren't happy about the benching of Marc Bulger. But no one would say so publicly.

Well, outspoken running back Steven Jackson took care of that Thursday night on his "Rolling the Dice" radio show on KLOU (103.3 FM). Jackson said benching Bulger was the "wrong decision."

"He's our general," said Jackson, who then pointed out that you don't pay someone "$60-something million" and then sit him on the bench.

(Bulger was signed to a $65 million contract extension prior to the 2007 season)

Although he harbors no ill will against Trent Green, who replaces Bulger in the starting lineup Sunday against Buffalo, Jackson wondered aloud about what will happen when it's time for Bulger to return to the starting lineup? Jackson intimated strongly that Bulger would be unwilling to do so.

Team sources did in fact tell the Post-Dispatch on Thursday that Bulger no longer wants to play for coach Scott Linehan. Bulger has declined comment for three consecutive days since his benching became public knowledge.

When asked by the radio show's host, Malcolm Briggs, if there were other Rams players who were against the benching, Jackson paused and replied, "I'm not the only one who feels this way."

STLtoday - Jackson blasts QB benching

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson blasts QB benching

Awesome! I'm glad Bulger is stepping up as the general and letting the world know that he does NOT want to play for Linehan.

If only the rest of the team would do that.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Maybe some good could come of the benching. That the team rally behind Bulger and against Linehan. At least I am happy that Jackson has spoken out!

Linehan must go no, not at the end of the season. Letting him hang around will just be like poison.............

Marc Bulger Fan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

I forgot to add this, does anyone else think things are gonna be really ugly at rams park in the monring? I'm so happy Marc has done this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Does the word dysfunctional come up into our minds? This team is spiraling down faster than anything I've ever seen. Buffalo is now a favorite to win their division, look at another whoopin! The team is taking Bulger's benching way too personal instead of rallying behind Trent Green! That is the problem with subordinates! Linehan is the coach and until management fires him, the rest of the team should do their best for the fans and sportsmanship. This team is throwing in the towel and making us miserable because of their own personality conflicts. How much longer can I take the abuse!!!
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -09-26-2008 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Sorry USC just lost.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I've been waiting for this. I have a personality not entirely unlike what Bulger displays on the field. Most of the time I'm calm, I don't really speak out against people that are annoying me, but there is always a line.

I thought Linehan might have crossed Bulger's line.

It looks like I was right.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Bulger Fan View Post
    I forgot to add this, does anyone else think things are gonna be really ugly at rams park in the monring? I'm so happy Marc has done this.
    I believe the situation could charitably be described as "beyond critical". Chip, the ball's in your court.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Good going Marc, I wouldn't want to play for him either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I wouldn't get water for him.
    Last edited by BrokenWing; -09-26-2008 at 02:28 AM.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Did anyone actually listen to this show ? I checked KLOU's website & couldn't find it.

Two things bother me; firstly, I dislike public laundry airing, especially from a player who needs to look at his own performance before criticizing anyone else or commenting, for that matter, on another player's situation.

What purpose can it possibly serve? It's as plain as day to all, whether they think the Bulger benching was good or not, that Linehan is completely at sea.

Plays right into the hands of media hounds like Thomas. I have no beef with JT; it's his job to sell papers but you are sailing pretty close to the ethical wind when you editorialize with stuff like the "slap" comment.

Which brings me to the second itch in my britches; why is so much of JT's story paraphrasing & so little in actual attributed quotation marks ?

Don't tell me what you think he was "intimating". Let me be the judge of that. Stop stirring the pot & just show me what's in it.

It was on the freakin' radio anyway. Go dig up your own story. Or don't any of the Rams trust you to be straight with them, Mr Thomas?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

This isn't a good thing.

Situations like this won't translate into better performance.

I'd hoped for a little more professionalism but it looks like some players are as intent on screwing up off-field assignments as they are their on-field assignments.

Shut up and play Jackson.

moklerman is offline Registered User

I think Jackson should worry more about his 3.2 ypc and 0...ZERO TD's this year. The Rams have brought in a successful, proven o-coordinator, speed at WR, Jacob Bell, they've got Pace back, etc. I don't blame Linehan one bit for benching guys who have apparently quit on him. Most people here hate Linehan but I give him credit for having balls and not going down without a fight.

Overpaying Bennett, Jackson, Bulger, Brown, etc. wasn't all his fault and Jackson/Bulger have completely tanked since signing their astronomical deals. I have no sympathy for them at all and think they should shut up and do what their coach tells them to do. I mean, Saunders was brought in to set the offense up to play to Bulger's strengths and it's very run oriented to take advantage of Jackson's abilities and what have they done?

How is whining and *****ing about the coach going to somehow improve the team? For $90 million these two need to tow the company line and make the Rams as good as possible and do what they're told.

Leading a mutiny isn't anything I respect and I'm very disappointed with Bulger's act at this point. Jackson should be fined and possibly benched for his comments. I don't see how they can be construed as anything but conduct detrimental to the team. How is it any different that Keyshawn Johnson's BS a couple of years ago in TB?

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    I think Jackson should worry more about his 3.2 ypc and 0...ZERO TD's this year.
    Would have had one had he not been so slow! They should bench him too!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Anything it takes to get Linehan out of town. He's gone beyond a bad coach, I think he's purposely trying to ruin the team on his way down.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Moklerman:" Leading a mutiny isn't anything I respect and I'm very disappointed with Bulger's act at this point. Jackson should be fined and possibly benched for his comments. I don't see how they can be construed as anything but conduct detrimental to the team. How is it any different that Keyshawn Johnson's BS a couple of years ago in TB?"

It's exactly this kind of thing I am worried about.

No knock on Moklerman; taken at face value ,how can JT's article be viewed as anything else but the first salvo of a mutiny. Bulger hasn't said a word publicly yet he is tarred with the same brush as SJ, if SJ did indeed say these things. A benching would be appropriate.

Just what we need. Another chunk of hope for the season gets ripped out of our hearts. Love him or hate him, we need SJ on the field.

If he pulled his groin, it's from sticking his foot in his mouth.

A bad business all around.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast