ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Jackson can hold out until mid-season

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I was watching ESPN this morning and they were saying that SJ does NOT have to report by Aug 8th, or 30 days before the regular season. Under the CBA he can hold out until midseason and still not lose a season of eligibility.

We are in trouble. Either the Rams FO has to go back on what they said earlier and negotiate with Jax while he is sitting at home, or we are going to need another RB for the season

How anybody can stand by this guy during all of this is beyond me. Without him, we will be lucky to win 6 games this year. He wants to be paid an ammount of money that he doesnt deserve, and his greed may cost us the season!

Josh Guest

Re: Jackson can hold out until mid-season

Let the " We should have drafted Darren McFadden" Chants start in 3...2...1

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Well, as you said, we will be lucky to win six games "WITHOUT HIM". Which obviously means that he does make a big impact on the team.

The first seven games for us is tough, we need him in NOW.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Let the " We should have drafted Darren McFadden" Chants start in 3...2...1
    He would have cost the Rams more than Jackson.

Josh Guest

Oh i know.. Just saying atleast he would probably be in camp right now.. I dont want Run DMC, I want s-jax.

RealRam is offline Registered User

"Jackson can hold out until mid-season"

No, he cannot! ...I don't want him to! AAAARGH!!

Josh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    No, he cannot! ...I don't want him to! AAAARGH!!

Sir this is ClanRam Security, I am going to have to ask you to come with me!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Sir this is ClanRam Security, I am going to have to ask you to come with me!
    "Alright officer, okay; as soon as I'm done with my yelling and Ramtantrum..."

Seriously: Jax, let's get with the program and at least show up at training camp!

Josh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    "Alright officer, okay; as soon as I'm done with my yelling and Ramtantrum..."

Seriously: Jax, let's get with the program and at least show up at training camp!

Well ok. I will let it slide this time.

I agree. Jax you need to get to camp man.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Not worried about a Jackson's hold out. It will only take him a couple of weeks to get into shape. I am more concern of him getting a big fat contract and lost motivation......

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Once he see's one of the not so popular backs kicking ass , he'll change his mind. Oh wait I forgot SJ is a GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted, but I was watching ESPN this morning and they were saying that SJ does NOT have to report by Aug 8th, or 30 days before the regular season. Under the CBA he can hold out until midseason and still not lose a season of eligibility.

We are in trouble. Either the Rams FO has to go back on what they said earlier and negotiate with Jax while he is sitting at home, or we are going to need another RB for the season

How anybody can stand by this guy during all of this is beyond me. Without him, we will be lucky to win 6 games this year. He wants to be paid an ammount of money that he doesnt deserve, and his greed may cost us the season!
    I am sorry, but are you kidding me? "Without him, we will be lucky to win 6 games this year," and then nearly in the same breath, "he wants to be paid an amount of money that he doesn't deserve." ?????? Do you really actually THINK about this stuff before you put it to type?

I seriously want Jackson in camp, and to reiterate what has been said time and time again, McFadden was given $26 mil in guarantees, so for Jackson to be in the neighborhood of $20 mil in guarantees is WELL within the level of acceptability. YES, I think both sides are being stubborn, and YES, at this point I think it is Jackson who should at least show up in order to reopen negotiations. But these are also just my feelings and it is not my career, life, and body on the line, so NO, I do not completely blame Jackson for this entire fiasco.

And one more YES, I am still laughing at the helter skelter spectrum shattering analysis that I originally quoted.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post

There's Hertz, and there's "not exactly". (Directed at ESPN)

The following is an excerpt/quote from Jim Thomas's chat of August 5th.

Jim Thomas: There is no conflict. What I'm talking about is credit for an "accrued" season (which disappears today). What Florio is talking about is credit for a "credited" season, which doesn't disappear until Week 10.
    If Jackson merely shows up by Week 10, he will get credit for playing in 2008 in terms of playing out the last year of his contract. If that happens, his current contract indeed will be expired, and he will in fact be a free agent. But I guarantee you, the Rams will franchise him after this season under that scenario.
    But since Jackson has not reported today _ he's already missed the day's only practice _ this season will not count towards his seniority in terms of free agency. In other words, even if he shows up Wednesday _ much less by Week 10 _ he will still have only four years of seniority according the NFL. Not five. And after he gets franchised for '09, he will still have only five years of seniority after the '09 season. And if the owners opt out of the final year of the current CBA, that would make him a restricted free agent entering the 2010 offseason. (Because under that scenario, players would not be eligible for free agency until they have 6 "accrued" seasons in the league.)
    This would be a disaster scenario for Jackson. This is a guy who wants guaranteed money, and a long-term deal. Under the scenario spelled out above, the Rams could string him out for three years without the money and long-term security he wants _ all because he hasn't reported by today.
    Will all this happen this way? Probably not. But Jackson has at least opened the door to that possibility by his continued absence.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    He would have cost the Rams more than Jackson.
    Yeah, but he's got more good years in front of him, IMO.