Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Jackson Could Make History For Rams Sunday

When Rams RB Steven Jackson ran for 100 yards for the second week in a row to open the season, he did something no Rams back has done since 1984, when Eric Dickerson turned the trick in weeks one and two.

If Jackson can rush for over 100 yards again against the Cardinals, he'll accomplish a feat even that Hall-of-Famer never could as a Ram. Marshall Faulk never even ran for 100 yards two straight to open the season for the Rams, nor did Jerome Bettis, and a lot of other great Rams backs, even in the days when George Allen, Chuck Knox, and John Robinson coached big time running attacks in L.A.

Should Jackson score that 100 yard "Hat Trick" in the heat of Arizona, he'll do something no Rams back has done at least since the AFL and NFL merged in 1968. That's as far back as this writer could research at Rams Park Wednesday, paging through the archives of press guides.

Not bad for a guy that is still criticized by some fans for "dancing too much".

Barry Waller

Re: Jackson Could Make History For Rams Sunday

Dance Jackson, dance your way into the record books.

On a side note, the nurse that was with me last week in hospital was Jacksons cousin. Hows that for getting you back to health

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    On a side note, the nurse that was with me last week in hospital was Jacksons cousin. Hows that for getting you back to health
    And what were you doing in a hospital? Was it due to BRM's cooking?

radjohns is offline Registered User

One hundred yards vs. the cardinals? I'll be pleased if he tops the 6 yards that he managed the last time they played. Or, was it 12 yards? Either way.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller
    Should Jackson score that 100 yard "Hat Trick" in the heat of Arizona, he'll do something no Rams back has done at least since the AFL and NFL merged in 1968.
    Barry, you mean the cool of Arizona! New climate controlled Stadium with the retractable roof and even more impressive retractable real grass field! From metal benches and 100 degree temps to individual seats and 70 degree temps, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    And what were you doing in a hospital? Was it due to BRM's cooking?
    Imagine my shock when I met bigredman in the Moster parking lot before the game and he tells me Dez won't make the game because of a heart problem! Great to see our courageous big guy continue the tour!

Quote Originally Posted by radjohns
    One hundred yards vs. the cardinals? I'll be pleased if he tops the 6 yards that he managed the last time they played. Or, was it 12 yards? Either way.
    You'll be pleased.

MATEOBURRITO is offline Registered User

Jackson is one heck of a running back. I think my favorite thing about him is the fact that he always falls forward at the end of the rush, and that usually seems to gain him a yard at least.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

he'll do it w/no problem. i don't think his rushing will be a factor, but the offense producing by air.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Its good to see he's getting the ball and doing something w/ it. He'll be even hungrier this week but our steak of wins w/ 100 yard rusher ended last week. a win and a 100yd rushing game would make everyone happy.
    Oh! how many 100 yd rushing games does James and Alexander have so far?

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by radjohns View Post
    From ESPn's game notes on that game:
    The Cardinals stuffed the Rams' running game, holding Steven Jackson to 6 yards on 12 attempts. Jackson had the team's only two carries for minus-2 yards in the second half.

"They came out stopping the run," Jackson said. "They wanted us to prove we could move the ball down the field and until we do that I'm pretty sure that's what a lot of teams are going to do now."

Not sure what happened that game, but I do know it's a different year and a different Rams running game. Also to note is that in their first meeting last year in Arizona Jackson ran 18 times for 93 yards and Marshall Faulk 3 times for 15 yards.

Jackson can and will be breaking that record, and hopefully will have a TD or 3 to go along with it.