By Bill Coats
10/18/2007 3:22 pm

Steven Jackson is making a spirited run at playing Sunday in Seattle. Jackson did limited work Wednesday in his first practice since suffering a partially torn groin muscle Sept. 23 at Tampa Bay. On Thursday, he turned up the jets further.

“He did a little bit more. Not a whole lot more, but he did a little bit,” coach Scott Linehan said. Asked whether he thought Jackson could be ready for the Seahawks, Linehan said, “We’ll see. He’s not out.”

Still, Jackson would have to be considered a long shot, especially since Linehan doesn’t plan to ease him back into action. “We wouldn’t play him just to be a depth player,” Linehan said. “He’d be in there as our back if we played him.”

It was mildly surprising to see center Brett Romberg, who sprained an ankle Sunday at Baltimore, back at practice Thursday. Romberg sat out Wednesday, and it looked as if he might miss a couple of games.

“It’s kind of like a pride thing, I guess. I’ve got four other guys out there busting their tails for me. I just think the least I can do is give them all I’ve got,” Romberg explained. “I’ve always been a big believer in, if you’ve got any ounce of energy and can play at all, you’d better be out there playing.”

Asked if he’d be in the lineup Sunday, Romberg said, “Yeah, definitely. I’m definitely going to play.”

Notes & quotes:

>>With Romberg’s return, Andy McCollum shifted back to LG.

>>The Rams have re-signed T Jeremy Parquet to the practice squad and released CB Justin Phinisee.

>>Tye Hill and Fakhir Brown will start at CB vs. the Seahawks. Ron Bartell, who is nursing a sore thumb, likely will be the nickel back.

>>WR Isaac Bruce (hamstring) and SS Corey Chavous (pectoral) practiced without limitations.

>>DE Leonard Little (toe) sat out but should be able to play Sunday, Linehan said.

>>WR Dane Looker (thigh) appears to have a good chance of suiting up Sunday. WR Drew Bennett (hamstring) probably won’t play.

All for now . . .