r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Jackson Expecting Heavier Workload

Jackson expecting heavier workload

BY JIM THOMAS
    Thursday, September 29, 2011

There are no ifs, ands or buts about it this week, St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson is playing Sunday against Washington and is hoping for a bigger workload.

"Absolutely," Jackson said after practice Thursday. "I'm definitely hoping that last week to this week will change drastically in my playing time. But ultimately we've got to do what's best for the team and whatever the game situation presents. I'm definitely preparing myself to be out there quite a bit."

Coach Steve Spagnuolo said Jackson's thigh injury isn't 100 percent healthy, but Jackson has practiced at least on a limited basis both Wednesday and Thursday with no ill effects.

"I've been able to practice all week, so that's having things go in the right direction," Jackson said. "I'll continue to take one day at a time and continue to prepare mentally and physically at the same capacity as if it was Week 1."

Running back Cadillac Williams (hamstring) was also limited Thursday, but also is expected to play Sunday.

For the first time since suffering a dislocated elbow in the season opener against Philadelphia, wide receiver Danny Amendola participated in "team" or 11-on-11 work in practice Thursday. But his participation was more a case of gauging how he could perform in a practice setting, and he's still doubtful for Washington.

As expected, Sunday's home game against the Redskins has met NFL sellout requirements and will be televised locally on KTVI (Channel 2). Kickoff is noon at the Edward Jones Dome.

Wide receiver Danario Alexander confirmed that he has been fined by the NFL for his roughing the kicker penalty in Sunday's 37-7 loss to Baltimore. Alexander did not disclose the amount of the fine, but said he plans to appeal.

Rams game-day captains for Sunday are quarterback Sam Bradford, linebacker James Laurinaitis, and defensive end Chris Long.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Jackson Expecting Heavier Workload

We are going to win this game Sunday with or without Jackson & Amendola. Being that week 5 is our bye week, I keep Jackson on a short leash and Amendola wouldn't even be allowed to sniff the field never mind get on it.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    We are going to win this game Sunday with or without Jackson & Amendola. Being that week 5 is our bye week, I keep Jackson on a short leash and Amendola wouldn't even be allowed to sniff the field never mind get on it.
    I like your optimism, although I think I'm probably hoping for a heavier workload than you for Jackson. Seems like lately whenever we're in a rut and need a win, Washington is there to come to our rescue.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Hope JAX picks up where he left off against Philly! May he handle the workload against Washington, while staying healthy at the same time. A healthy Steven Jackson will change all the Rams misfortunes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Hope JAX picks up where he left off against Philly! May he handle the workload against Washington, while staying healthy at the same time. A healthy Steven Jackson will change all the Rams misfortunes.
    I sure hope he does. With a heavy dose of play action with Sjax in the Backfield. Followed by some hard running. I like our chances.