Country is offline Registered User

Jackson extension

The trend is changing in the NFL and extensions are being handed out earlier and earlier, with DT Mike Patterson recieving an extension in his 2nd year.

Steven Jackson is in his third year so he has 2 more years on his contract after this one. I think that it is time to start talking about a big pay day and seven year extension for Steven. He is only going to get more expensive as he improves.

I am thinking 7 years 15 SB and 49 million.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson extension

Let's sign Bulger first, then worry about extensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Let's sign Bulger first, then worry about extensions.
    Agreed, but both of these guys are the best weapons we got, and I think the sooner we extend/re-sign both, the better. I don't care who's first, we just need to do both

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    I am thinking 7 years 15 SB and 49 million.
    Whoa trigger. Shaun Alexander signed the biggest contract ever awarded to a RB last spring and it was eight years $62 million with an $11.5 million signing bonus. Edgerrin James signed a four-year deal worth $30 million with a $7 million bonus. Both of these guys are very experienced consistent veterans. IMO, a $15 million bonus seems quite a bit for a running back who, while he's had a great season, is only just now completing his first full year as "the man."

I think the priority this offseason should be signing Bulger long term, and then after another season, the Rams can see where Jackson is and what kind of money he wants. I don't envision Jackson as being the kind of guy to want to go elsewhere. He's already fought out of the shadow of Marshall to become the starting RB here, and when you think about how much he's touching the ball in this scheme, he's really a big part of what we're doing. I think he'd be fine playing another season and then sitting down to look at an extension.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Can you say "accident waiting to happen cap wise?" We have WAY too many holes to address to extend the big boy now. I would like to spend some money and lock up incognito long term.

ramming speed to all

general counsel