Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    theodus69 is offline Registered User

Jackson or Faulk

Now I have took a beating on my remarks about Jackson. I have said I'm not sold on him and of course, the Line thing is the sticking point, But if the Rams are gonna get back to the High flying offense, Where does Jackson fit in? Isn't he a 30-40 carry a game guy? And if so, where does that fit a high flying offense? I think Faulk would be the better choice even at his present age! Jackson to me doesn't fit this offense. Which actually wouldn't surprise me if the Rams don't go after a R-back in the draft early. Jackson could be some good trade bait also. That's my thought so let yours fly!

I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson or Faulk

Jackson has the speed and moves to be effective in a high flying offense. His abilty to break tackles is also very good.

Say the Rams come out in 3 or 4 WR sets. The way the Rams offense is, the defense will have to switch to a nickel formation at least, as the Rams can easily torch teams when they line safties up against WRs.

If the defense does this, then the Rams can simply run it with Jackson. Jackson has the speed for it to work, and has the power to run over DBs easily.

All right I'll give him another year, but if he stinks the place up I'm taking a long plane ride to find you!LOL

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    All right I'll give him another year, but if he stinks the place up I'm taking a long plane ride to find you!LOL
    Well the thing is, i know Faulk was awesome, but he hasn't shown me anything to make me take him over Jackson recently. I know he hasn't had much playing time, but still, Jackson is the guy now.

And you can come find me if you want, you can come watch one of my games! I just started playing football this year. I need to bulk up though before i get substantial playing time. Put ive got really good coverage skills.

Although i would say that, not exactly going to say i'm crap now am i!

majorram is offline Registered User

Jackson is the future but he has to make better decisions on hiting the holes, he seems to heistate sometimes.....with some new talent coming onto the O line this off season he will have no excuses next season

Faulk was the Best at his position but time has caught up but he can still be very dangerous if used right..

I would love Faulk to line up in the Slot as a WR more, he is still an exceptional reciever, he will be back for one more year and I'm looking forward to Linehan using him...

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Jackson is the future, Faulk is the past, albeit a past worth re-visiting for a season or two in certain situations. It's only been two seasons, we should give Jackson a little more time before he's written off as a nearly man.

Has anyone carried the ball 40 times for us since Greg Bell?

I'd like to see us give someone 25 carries.....................

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Jackson has been playing how long again? And oooh yeah, Faulk is going to the hall of fame! Give Stevie another chance!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

How the heck do you think he stunk last year? Crappy line and he still had 1100yds and 8TDs rushing. And 2TDs recieving. Come on man lighten up on him.
    RamsFan16

Mellow out 16, it's hard sometimes to judge what's said without a facial expression and a follow up on the conversation. I know the guy is good, he made the pro's in the first round! The line was patchwork I know , but all great running backs make things happen and I feel he missed alot of opportunities on some big holes. I also said I only saw 2 games last year so I don't have a lot to stand on here! But Faulk has got some rest and looked pretty good . Oh and TH, Run some hills in your conditioning . It will strengthen your legs and improve your speed quite a bit!

Yea the times he didn't hit the hole is because he was getting wrapped up in the backfield and even so I would be hesitant to hit a hole with that very inconsistent line. I mean look what he did against Jacksonville with the best DLine in the game. And a monster MLB in Mike Peterson.
    RamsFan16

Good point kid. A game I didn't see. I do go alot by my buddy of 35 years who has been a ram fan with me that long! And we do agree 98% of the time.:clanram:

Haha yea that game he had 179yds rushing. I was at that game
    RamsFan16

Milan is offline Registered User

Mellow out 16, it's hard sometimes to judge what's said without a facial expression and a follow up on the conversation. I know the guy is good, he made the pro's in the first round! The line was patchwork I know , but all great running backs make things happen and I feel he missed alot of opportunities on some big holes. I also said I only saw 2 games last year so I don't have a lot to stand on here! But Faulk has got some rest and looked pretty good . Oh and TH, Run some hills in your conditioning . It will strengthen your legs and improve your speed quite a bit!

In the Jaguars Game, look at about the third last play of the game.

I'll dig up the game if I can and cut the play out and upload it.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Haha yea that game he had 179yds rushing. I was at that game
    You can't deny he has been very inconsistent and he has had problems with his reads even Martz sounded more enthused with his new RB in Detroit over Jackson. The jury is still out on Jackson. This year we should have a much-improved OL with Barron starting from day 1 and Terrell and Incognito in the mix. Timmerman will be healthy and we may even pick up another guard. Hedgecock is young and will continue to improve as a lead blocker. With all that said Jackson better shine this year and not lead the league in stuffed runs. He is a power back not a scat back he better not be near the top in stuffed runs he should be able to get a 1/2 yard damn near every carry.

Good news he is young and still has room to develop. Now its a matter if he can do it or not.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -03-04-2006 at 06:41 PM.

supachump is offline Registered User

I have to agree.. Jackson had some opportunities, but he hesitates too much. He runs left and right too much. He needs better instincts. I hope that he can develop these things.

He should be running over people, not tiptoeing around the backfield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast