View Poll Results: Who would you rather have since Jackson isnt all that good? Excluding L.T.

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brian Westbrook

13 37.14%
  • Larry Johnson

1 2.86%
  • Adrian Peterson

25 71.43%
  • Willie Parker

1 2.86%
  • Edgerrin James

2 5.71%
  • Clinton Portis

1 2.86%
  • Jamal Lewis

1 2.86%
  • Willie Mcgahee

1 2.86%
  • Marion Barber

6 17.14%
  • Joseph Addai

2 5.71%
  • Maurice Jones Drew

4 11.43%
  • Frank Gore

3 8.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Jackson hater Poll

Who would you rather have haters since most of you think he isnt all that good???

Just Fix It

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Jackson hater Poll

I went with AP based on his age alone.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I went with AP based on his age alone.
    Jackson is only 25. I guess that the arguement about needing a proven player goes out the window with every Peterson vote. I guess the needing a guy who isnt injury prone goes out the window with every Peterson vote. I can't believe that you guys would rather have a guy that has played one season and missed two games due to injury over Jackson. Peterson had a great seson dont get me wrong. All I ever hear from Jackson haters is the injury thing and that he hasnt proven anything. Yet everyone votes for a guy who has only played for one year. I don't think it's Jacksons play that bothers people I just think some of you dont like him as a person which is funny because I bet none of you have met him in person.
    Just Fix It

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Jackson is only 25. I guess that the arguement about needing a proven player goes out the window with every Peterson vote. I guess the needing a guy who isnt injury prone goes out the window with every Peterson vote. I can't believe that you guys would rather have a guy that has played one season and missed two games due to injury over Jackson. Peterson had a great seson dont get me wrong. All I ever hear from Jackson haters is the injury thing and that he hasnt proven anything. Yet everyone votes for a guy who has only played for one year. I don't think it's Jacksons play that bothers people I just think some of you dont like him as a person which is funny because I bet none of you have met him in person.
    I wonder how Jackson would like running behind Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, and Matt Birk. Or for that matter, how would he enjoy running behind a line that made 76 of 80 possible starts?

OTOH, how much of a phenom would Peterson be behind a line that fielded 33 of the possible 80 starts by their first string, such as Jackson had to do?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I wonder how Jackson would like running behind Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, and Matt Birk. Or for that matter, how would he enjoy running behind a line that made 76 of 80 possible starts?

OTOH, how much of a phenom would Peterson be behind a line that fielded 33 of the possible 80 starts by their first string, such as Jackson had to do?
    There you go again. You're being rational.

You've been repeatedly warned about this. What is it going to take to get you to change your attitude?
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

39thebeast is offline Registered User

agree completely shut those haters down

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

One of the best points I've seen in recent days. I need to spread reputation around a bit more before hitting you up again.

theodus69 Guest

Honestly ,I thought I was the only jackson hater! But to let you know I don't hate him , just not Impressed . And why does this team always fall apart when pace goes down? We may have had a disimated line , but when pace went down both years the ilne fell apart right away. that i put on the FO & coaching staff for bringing in lame backups. Don't feel we have much depth. O
    h and I'm sure the stat guru's of the site will hound me for the line comment
    and whatever else I feel different about, bring it on. I've heard too much rose colored glasses crap to back down now. HA HA

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Honestly ,I thought I was the only jackson hater! But to let you know I don't hate him , just not Impressed . And why does this team always fall apart when pace goes down? We may have had a disimated line , but when pace went down both years the ilne fell apart right away. that i put on the FO & coaching staff for bringing in lame backups. Don't feel we have much depth. O
    h and I'm sure the stat guru's of the site will hound me for the line comment
    and whatever else I feel different about, bring it on. I've heard too much rose colored glasses crap to back down now. HA HA
    Oh come now, Martyr McMartyrson. Get down off that burning stake, and let's talk about it.

The FO really has not built a good line, certainly not a deep line. I agree. However, when the first string gets hit with so many injuries (Pace, Setterstrom, Romberg, & Incognito) it is near impossible to field a competitive unit. It'd be nice to say that the 2nd string (and 3rd string and 4th string) need to be able to perform when called upon, but it's just not reality to think that backups are going to make 47 of the possible 80 starts to the O-line and compete against actual 1st string Defensive units.

Pace's injuries are a huge factor, even symbolic; but not a sole cause of the collapse.

But to come full circle.......yea, we need to build upon the exterior of our O-line. In fact, I predict here and now (mark it down 08-08-08), the Rams spend a first round pick on OT next year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    One of the best points I've seen in recent days. I need to spread reputation around a bit more before hitting you up again.
    Yep, HUb is in rare form these days, which probably explains why I have to spread it around more too before I can reward him for his highly efficient post.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rammiser View Post
    Who would you rather have haters since most of you think he isn't all that good???
    Sorry, Rammiser my friend. I am among 'the few' that does not hate Jax and actually believe he I S that good.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Of course, by that logic, would we be better served trading Jackson for offensive line help or picks to use on the line or whatever? I could name a couple teams that have had some success selling off top tier backs for help in other areas. For example, as lucky as we were to get Faulk off the Colts, it didn't exactly set their franchise back a lot by doing it. Later they unloaded Edge without losing a step, too. Then there's the Broncos who got Champ Bailey in trade for Clinton Portis, Dre Bly in exchange for Tatum Bell. The replacements for those stars were not as talented, but it could be argued that the drop-off between an elite back and an average player is not as severe as the drop-off at other positions.

Just trying to stir the pot here.

theodus69 Guest

Oh come now, Martyr McMartyrson. Get down off that burning stake, and let's talk about it.

The FO really has not built a good line, certainly not a deep line. I agree. However, when the first string gets hit with so many injuries (Pace, Setterstrom, Romberg, & Incognito) it is near impossible to field a competitive unit. It'd be nice to say that the 2nd string (and 3rd string and 4th string) need to be able to perform when called upon, but it's just not reality to think that backups are going to make 47 of the possible 80 starts to the O-line and compete against actual 1st string Defensive units.

Pace's injuries are a huge factor, even symbolic; but not a sole cause of the collapse.

But to come full circle.......yea, we need to build upon the exterior of our O-line. In fact, I predict here and now (mark it down 08-08-08), the Rams spend a first round pick on OT next year.
    Take it easy jr. Burning stake and what have you. Everytime Pace has gone down the line Falls apart that quick and the rest of the injuries just solidify it. This team is not that good and maybe I'm just lashing out at that, but Damn dude , we have stunk for a few years now and I'm just a bit pissed. But hey a new season is here and maybe we can pull out of the cellar. It took 10 yrs last time. But i stand by my opinion of Jackson. if we want a good offense , we need a versatile back and he is pretty much one dimentional. He's like Dickerson back in the day when you could win with apower back. I will say though Jackson is no Dickerson by a long shot!!!

Milan Guest

I'd rather B-West...he's the only one on the list. I'm a Jackson supporter though.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Of course, by that logic, would we be better served trading Jackson for offensive line help or picks to use on the line or whatever? I could name a couple teams that have had some success selling off top tier backs for help in other areas. For example, as lucky as we were to get Faulk off the Colts, it didn't exactly set their franchise back a lot by doing it. Later they unloaded Edge without losing a step, too. Then there's the Broncos who got Champ Bailey in trade for Clinton Portis, Dre Bly in exchange for Tatum Bell. The replacements for those stars were not as talented, but it could be argued that the drop-off between an elite back and an average player is not as severe as the drop-off at other positions.

Just trying to stir the pot here.
    I agree that the Broncos were working magic for a while with their backfield, but their experiment with interchangeable parts at RB has been steadily losing strength since they traded Portis. They kept things going for a couple of years, but their rushing rankings have quickly gone from 2nd in 2005 to 9th in 2007. As for the drop-off of their leading rushers, Portis had 1,591 yards in his final year with Denver and last year Selvin Young had 729.

I don't think there is any question that Jackson is important to the success of the Rams offense and I can only imagine what he could do behind a good offensive line. We already know what he can do behind a mediocre one, amass the 5th highest yard from scrimmage total in NFL history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast