Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Jackson was hospitalized??

This is from Fanball.com. I can not believe Vitt even played him!!! The guy was in the hospital the night before!

Rams: Jackson battling the flu

12/27/05 12:54 PM
    THE NEWS
    In addition to nursing a hip injury, Rams running back Steven Jackson has also been battling an illness. In fact, he was hospitalized on the night before Saturday's loss to the *****.
    Our View
    Well, this explains why Jackson was held to just 16 carries for 28 yards in week 16. We'll keep you posted on his status for week 17, but all indications are that he will be good to go f

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jackson was hospitalized??

Too bad the guy lacks the drive to succeed.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Too bad the guy lacks the drive to succeed.
    I agree completely. Why, if he really wanted to succeed, he would have never been sick in the first place.

Sorry, being a smartass is my hobby.

This should show people he really does want to be in the game.

curley4me is offline Registered User

VITT should have played Marshall the whole game, he owns the *******! this could have been a a$$ whoopin' like it should have been! what was he thinking?

rammiser is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by curley4me
    VITT should have played Marshall the whole game, he owns the *******! this could have been a a$$ whoopin' like it should have been! what was he thinking?
    Not behind this offensive line.
    Just Fix It

curley4me is offline Registered User

Cool Re: Jackson was hospitalized??

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser
    Not behind this offensive line.
    POINT WELL TAKEN.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by curley4me
    You must mean Arlen Harris because I am starting to believe the ORGANIZATION is not giving Marshall the carries this year because they are afraid he might shine and then they would have a RB controversy on their hands. They don't want that to happen not after taking the first RB overall in the draft. They want to be sure to avoid that at all cost because then they maybe forced to sit Jackson and then everyone would be screaming why did we take the 1st over all RB in the draft if we are not going to play him why didn't we use that pick else where. This is a bit of a conspiracy theory but believe me there are organizations that cave into replacing their veterans with their high draft picks before those draft picks are better then the veterans they are replacing. They do this because of the pressure of being right with their picks and the money they give to them. They also do it to try to evaluate the player prior to his contract being up. This is where I liked the Jimmy Johnson method when he was with the Cowboys he did not give a **** about anything but putting his best performers on the field and if some one was a screw up he did not mind cutting their ass on the spot.

general counsel is online now Registered User

marshall faulk circa 1999 wasnt going anywhere on the ground with the pathetic run blocking performance of our o line this weekend. sick or healthy, it wouldnt have mattered for jackson, he had no chance at all this week.

The incongruity is really amazing. great job pass blocking, horrible run blocking.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    I am starting to believe the ORGANIZATION is not giving Marshall the carries this year because they are afraid he might shine and then they would have a RB controversy on their hands.
    You can't have an RB controversy if one RB asked for less carries and knows he can't handle the load of a full season.

With that being said Faulk didn't get enough carries this year, and he was not used properly all season.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

the ORGANIZATION is not giving Marshall the carries this year because they are afraid he might shine and then they would have a RB controversy on their hands.
    So is Marshall in on it too since he asked for the demotion?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    So is Marshall in on it too since he asked for the demotion?
    Hey didnt I just say that LOL
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Hey didnt I just say that LOL
    Yes, it appears you, in fact, did make a very similar statement just previous to mine.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    You can't have an RB controversy if one RB asked for less carries and knows he can't handle the load of a full season.

With that being said Faulk didn't get enough carries this year, and he was not used properly all season.
    What do you think would have happened if Faulk got 10 carries a game and looked a lot better then Jackson during those carries. IMO it would be a controversy because everyone would be screaming for Marshall to take the majority of the load. Marshall also knew that Jackson had to play soon being the #1 RB taken in the draft and I think IMO that is part of the reason he made the statement. What I don't understand is why we were saving Marshall when some think he might retire this year anyway. We could have worked him until the load became too much then backed off. That is exactly what I would have done early in the season when we where losing while still bringing along Jackson. Then if we still tanked and were out of the playoffs then give Jackson the majority of the load. We have no idea what load Marshall could have handled because we never used Marshall this year near enough to determine what load he could handle. Its like having Roger Clemens and a new young stud and saying you are going to split the start between the two and always give Roger 2 innings and the young stud the final 7 without ever truly knowing how long Roger can go based off of his performance and fatigue. If I am manager and I want to win I push Roger until I figure out what is ideal for him this way I get the most out of my best performer.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -12-27-2005 at 10:22 PM.

If I am manager and I want to win I push Roger until I figure out what is ideal for him this way I get the most out of my best performer.
    Even if Roger asks you to use him sparingly so he can extend his career?
    What I don't understand is why we were saving Marshall for when some think he might retire this year anyway. We could have worked him until the load became too much then backed off.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a few articles here and there discussing Faulk playing with a few injuries over the past couple of months? Maybe, we're currently seeing where the load is too much for Marshall.

I just don't see it being a controversy because no matter how good Faulk looked he was never going to be able to carry for 20-30 times a game. If Faulk was doing well with 10 carries a game then that's great, but there is a big difference between 10 carries and 20-30 carries which Faulk knows he can't handle so therefore we have no controversy we just have a better one two punch at RB if Faulk is doing well.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast