Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson isn't expected despite deadline looming

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Well my fellow Ram Fans , I been gone awhile but this is a perfect Post to get in to piss everybody off.......... What.. do we have another Dickerson problem on our hands? No wait..Dickerson was a proven back. Jackson has a year left on the contract........Play it out you peice of $%#^&%*^&%%. I'm sick of these &^%*(&%%'s not fulfilling their obligations. I also think he should move on and play w/ Favre Infact they ought to have a team just for disgruntled players . That they have to play on this team for 1/2 the salary or loose a year of playing time! if they are already under contract! Like a farm club team w/ no perks. Then maybe these selfish $%%&$#'s might see the light!!!!! But then again i have always said I'm not a Jackson fan anyway.But don't be hatn me .....It's just an opinion.....RIGHT!!!!!!
    I guess that makes Marshall Faulk,Henry Ellard and Orlando Pace pieces of &%$#@!$^^%$#@ too then hmmmmm good point.

Just Fix It

RealRam is offline Registered User

By Sunday, it H A S to be settled by Sunday. Come on, Parker!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I guess that makes Marshall Faulk,Henry Ellard and Orlando Pace pieces of &%$#@!$^^%$#@ too then hmmmmm good point.
    You're spoiling the moment rammiser!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

The key word is proven. Faulk and them were , but this guy is a he's gonna have a great year and well once I think he did but I just don't think he is gonna really be all that great. He isn't yet and I don't expect he ever will. Oh and sorry my opinion ruins the moments but there's is too many rose colored glasses already at this piont.. he has a year to play , deal with it and take your knocks and finish the deal WHILE YOUR ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    The key word is proven. Faulk and them were , but this guy is a he's gonna have a great year and well once I think he did but I just don't think he is gonna really be all that great. He isn't yet and I don't expect he ever will. Oh and sorry my opinion ruins the moments but there's is too many rose colored glasses already at this piont.. he has a year to play , deal with it and take your knocks and finish the deal WHILE YOUR ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!
    "Proven" is a "key word" after coming off injuries in a 3-13 season for the "TEAM"! Since the injuries included a torn groin and back issues (not good for anyone but especially a running back with his physical stature and running style) i wouldn't be surprised that this whole hold out situation is based on him wanting guaranteed money "right now" fully believing that his body isn't going to make it through even one more 16 game regular season healthy.
    Bottom line: I think Jackson and his "brilliant" agent Parker want the Rams to "show me (them) the money" RIGHT NOW for very self-serving reasons.
    I know that some believe there's nothing wrong with that. And "that's the way it is in the N.F.L." Well O.K. But i would also say that comparing the Jackson hold out with Faulk's, Ellard's or Pace's hold out is taking great liberty in generality. As they are all different situations. In my opinion.

RAM ON!
    Last edited by YodaRam; -08-06-2008 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YodaRam View Post
    "Proven" is a "key word" after coming off injuries in a 3-13 season for the "TEAM"! Since the injuries included a torn groin and back issues (not good for anyone but especially a running back with his physical stature and running style) i wouldn't be surprised that this whole hold out situation is based on him wanting guaranteed money "right now" fully believing that his body isn't going to make it through even one more 16 game regular season healthy.
    Bottom line: I think Jackson and his "brilliant" agent Parker want the Rams to "show me (them) the money" RIGHT NOW for very self-serving reasons.
    I know that some believe there's nothing wrong with that. And "that's the way it is in the N.F.L." Well O.K. But i would also say that comparing the Jackson hold out with Faulk's, Ellard's or Pace's hold out is taking great liberty in generality. As they are all different situations. In my opinion.

RAM ON!
    Ellard missed 7 regular season games, is that not self serving??? I'm not looking through rose colored glasses I just dont see the doom and gloom you two seem to see in Jackson. Neither of you like him because of your love for Faulk. He has shown great ability and has missed 5 games in his career due to injury. His stats arent good enough because according to some he misses holes. Easy to say sitting from the couch with a beer in one hand and pork rinds in the other. The Rams might as well let Jackson go because with some fans here he will never get a fair shake. We let Bettis go and that worked out great for Bettis, he was missing a lot of holes too.
    Just Fix It

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

He has shown great ability and has missed 5 games in his career due to injury.
    Wow, a mere 5 games. That's hitting below the belt rammiser.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

So, is it better to be stingy like the Rams? (And every Pittsburgh team) Or spend a billion dollars on a back up safety like the Redskins?

So we cut Bruce to save cap space, but don't wanna use it?

YodaRam Guest

Ellard missed 7 regular season games, is that not self serving??? I'm not looking through rose colored glasses I just dont see the doom and gloom you two seem to see in Jackson. Neither of you like him because of your love for Faulk. He has shown great ability and has missed 5 games in his career due to injury. His stats arent good enough because according to some he misses holes. Easy to say sitting from the couch with a beer in one hand and pork rinds in the other. The Rams might as well let Jackson go because with some fans here he will never get a fair shake. We let Bettis go and that worked out great for Bettis, he was missing a lot of holes too.
    rammiser, i am going to skip the Ellard remark because that "can of worms" is bigger than you or myself. But self serving? You have decided, apparently.
    I am not "DOOM AND GLOOM" on JACKSON!! I am simply saying that Jackson and ( in the best interest of Steven) Parker are not making good moves at this time. ...."Love for Faulk"? Sure, i love Faulk. But , unless a time warp has sent us back to 1994, which it hasn't in my mind, Faulk is long gone in our offense. I would prefer to judge Jackson on his own merits or lack of but you and some others always want to make the comparisons.
    I prefer to call it a cerveza and chicheronnes. Jackson will "get a fair shake". ......Or did he make his bed, and now he has to lie in it.

Bettis? Bettis. That move had to be made. For the Rams and Bettis. I am so happy that it turned out steller or is that Steeler for him.

RAM ON!
    Last edited by YodaRam; -08-06-2008 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YodaRam View Post
    rammiser, i am going to skip the Ellard remark because that "can of worms" is bigger than you or myself. But self serving? You have decided, apparently.
    I am not "DOOM AND GLOOM" on JACKSON!! I am simply saying that Jackson and ( in the best interest of Steven) Parker are not making good moves at this time. ...."Love for Faulk"? Sure, i love Faulk. But , unless a time warp has sent us back to 1994, which it hasn't in my mind, Faulk is long gone in our offense. I would prefer to judge Jackson on his own merits or lack of but you and some others always want to make the comparisons.
    I prefer to call it a cerveza and chicheronnes. Jackson will "get a fair shake". ......Or did he make his bed, and now he has to lie in it.

Bettis? Bettis. That move had to be made. For the Rams and Bettis. I am so happy that it turned out steller or is that Steeler for him.

RAM ON!
    Of course you'll skip the Ellard holdout because I'm right. Holdouts are holdouts but you want to seperate everything and put Jackson in a bad light. I don't understand why in your mind there is only 1 side to the story and that is that Jackson is selfish and hurting the team. Are you in the meetings with the FO and Jackson agent? How is this different from Faulk,Pace,Ellard,Dickerson or any other player holding out? You say Faulk was proven so that makes the holdout ok? So maybe I missed something but wouldnt it be kind of hard to holdout if you havnt proven something on the field aside from rookies? I mean if Leonard or Pittman held out I could see your point there but doesnt make much sense about Jackson. You don't want me comparing Jackson to any other holdout because I'm right. Holdouts stink but it doesnt make all those guys I mentioned bad people or even selfish but apparantly in your eyes Jacksons the only one that is hurting his team and fans by holding out. Why dont you just tell us what your real problem is with Jackson and get it over with. All holdouts are the same just different people involved. So I'd like to know that out of all these holdouts why Jackson gets so much flak while the others I've mentioned somehow get a pass. It's ok for any other NFL player past or present to holdout but not Jackson. I just don't get it.
    Just Fix It

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12