Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson jaws about Martz

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    I love that approach. It's frustrating as a Running Back to not get touches, especially when the offense has success when you do. I have no problem with him opening his mouth. He had a pretty good season last year despite not getting very many touches.
    Exactly. Aren't the Rams like 32-0 when they have a 100yd rusher?

RamsFan16

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Something like that. I prefer my skill players to be outspoken. Although Torry Holt is a quiet player for the most part, you cant say that he doesnt like to flaunt his talents from time to time.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Thats always a stupid stat in my eyes because when they get a 100 yards it normally means hte running game is working. But when its not and you keep getting stuffed and going three and out don't you have to consider abandoning the run. Jackson 11 carries 24 yards not doing a damn thing and we have weapons in the passing game maybe we should have gave it to him every time? We have Bruce, Holt, and Curtis I don't want to see us keep handing it off when it is not working.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Martz said part of the reason Jackson wasn't used more was due to health issues.
    Seems like an odd statement. If this were the case, wouldn't Jackson be aware of it, understand the reasoning for his lack of touches and not be voicing his frustrations now?

ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

I've always had a hard time deciding whether Jackson has an ego or if he just desires that opportunity to prove himself at the NFL level.

Honostly his "give me the ball" attitude seems to come more from frustration than from ego...

And as I remember last year most fans where right there with him yelling to give him the ball.

... of course we were also yelling at him to stop dancing and run strait.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ImJohnWayne
    I've always had a hard time deciding whether Jackson has an ego or if he just desires that opportunity to prove himself at the NFL level.

Honostly his "give me the ball" attitude seems to come more from frustration than from ego...

And as I remember last year most fans where right there with him yelling to give him the ball.

Jackson isn't an outside runner. If you were built to run inside and you got ran outside wouldn't you be a little gittery to hit the hole because you aren't used to it?
    RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ImJohnWayne

I agree that Jackson still has areas to work on, but he makes valid points. In fact, he's making points that many Rams fans were bringing up through the 2005 season regarding Martz and Fairchild not using him the right way or utilizing him in a manner that featured his strengths. But now that he's saying it, he's getting jumped on for it? I dunno.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Some stuff on SJ cut down

well if he felt that way ???

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Gotta feel for Jackson though.The guy was given the starting job ahead of Marshall Faulk and then he wasnt used much.Its amazing he got over 1000 yards, given the amount of carries he got.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Our interior line caused Jackson his problems.. I saw the man run into so many brick walls it wasn't even funny.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i like the fact that he wants the ball, he wants to be a major part of our offense,what i dont like is i didnt see anywhere in the story where he mentioned the team and what was best for the team.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Seems like an odd statement. If this were the case, wouldn't Jackson be aware of it, understand the reasoning for his lack of touches and not be voicing his frustrations now?
    Yea but, how many of these young stars are willing to admit they're hurt?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Jackson isn't an outside runner. If you were built to run inside and you got ran outside wouldn't you be a little gittery to hit the hole because you aren't used to it?
    He missed his fair share of inside holes too. I forget what game it was, but on an inside run to the weak side about 10 yds out he missed a huge... I'm talking HUGE hole and wouldve hit the goal line before being touched. The commentators spent the next 2 series talking about it.

But maybe it was a side effect of getting barely 15 carries a game. When he did get the ball he was always looking to make something happen instead of picking up 5.

I do agree that he was put into a system that was not built for his running style. Can't wait to see what Linehan draws up for him.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Also understand, Martz didn't exactly welcome criticism from his players, in fact, he often became hostile with his players (i.e. Kyle Turley). Martz's arrogance wouldn't allow input or feedback from his players, and Jackson obviously felt intimidated by that until now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12