Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

Jackson leads the league in stuffed runs at 41.

Jackson leads the league in stuffed runs at 41 in only 222 rushing attempts or 18.5% of the time he gets stuffed. The second place guy has 38 in 303 attempts or 12.5%. TJ Duckett leads in least stuff per carry at 2.3%.

Jackson may have a decent average per carry but he gets stuffed more then ANY ONE IN THE NFL his average can be attributed to breaking off some bigger runs on occasion. For me a running back that has the same average but less stuffed runs is far more valuable. Who cares what the running back gets after the first down that's gravy their primary job is to get you first downs and move the chains. Well Jackson is the worst in the NFL at moving the chains per carry.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson leads the league in stuffed runs at 41.

what do you mean by stuffed runs?
    like runs for loss of yards?
    or if they get tackled before they get to far?

rammiser is offline Registered User

This is such bs. Our offensive line has sucked for the most part. We have been playing with a backup qb for most of the season. Put Jacskon in Atlanta and you guys would be wishing Jackson was back on the Rams. He needs good blocking to gain yds. The way Jackson played vs the Vikings was his fault but this is the first time I have thought Jackson missed his reads. The other games there was no where to run. Also our coaching staff continues to run sweeps with a power back is that Jacksons fault to? Can we give the kid more than 1 year of staring before blaming him for everything? By the way Jackson is 5th in the league in breaking tackles according to the announcers Sunday but that doesnt make this thread.
    Last edited by rammiser; -12-12-2005 at 09:09 PM.
    Just Fix It

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Our line may suck but a man his size should be able to at least get back to the line of scrimmage.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser
    By the way Jackson is 5th in the league in breaking tackles according to the announcers Sunday but that doesnt make this thread.
    Is that because he is running into the traffic instead of following his blocks or not seeing the field. I think 41stuffed runs 18.5% of the time he loses yards or gets no gain is more of an indicator for a supposed power back like Jackson.

Almost 1 out of every 5 runs he dont gain positive yards not even a half a yard.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Where exactly did you get that stat?

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

boy this sure isn't jackson's week. everyone seems to be mad with him now.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    I'm not sure what to make of the stuffed runs stat. We've already had many discussions where many fans have concluded that the Rams aren't running the ball to Jackson's strengths. So is it really that surprising that he gets stuffed? Is it supposed to be a statement about the runner or the offensive line? More than likely, it's both.

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    his average can be attributed to breaking off some bigger runs on occasion.
    And Faulk's can't? I made it a point to analyze Faulk's performance through the first four games of the season to show his higher average was the result of breaking off a couple of bigger runs while getting minimal gains if not getting stuffed himself, and you ignored it. I brought it up again in another thread, and I'm pretty sure you ignored it there as well. Yet now you start a thread and bash Jackson because his average is puffed up by some big runs? Unbelievable.

Look at Faulk's performance against the Vikings. Two runs of 10 yards, and three runs of five total yards. Let's look at some of Faulk's other games.

-vs. Wash: 1 carry, 3 yards

-vs. Hou: 1 carry, 5 yards

-vs. Sea: 1 carry, 0 yards

-vs. Jax: 6 carries, 23 yards. One of those rushes was for 11 yards, so the remaining five were for 12 yards. That's under two and a half yards per carry.

-vs. NO: 2 carries, 9 yards. One run was for seven yards, the other for two.

-vs. Indy: 4 carries, 17 yards. One rush for 12 yards. The other three for five yards.

So as you can see, if Steven Jackson has a good average because of a couple big runs he's broken off, he's certainly not the only Ram that applies to. I'll be waiting to see you criticize Faulk for the same thing that you're criticizing Jackson about, but you won't blame me when I don't hold my breath.

Well Jackson is the worst in the NFL at moving the chains per carry.
    How do you figure? He ranks 14th in the league in rushing first downs achieved with 45, which means for every five carries he gets, he'll get a first down.

So since you think a one to five ratio is significant in terms of stuffed runs, I guess that means you think it's significant that Jackson gains a first down once every five attempts, right? I mean, if one out of every five runs being stuffed is enough to convince you that Jackson is doing something wrong, surely one out of every five runs being a first down is enough to convince you that Jackson is doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    boy this sure isn't jackson's week. everyone seems to be mad with him now.
    Nah, not everyone. Just a handful of people who have decided to flood the board with multiple threads complaining about him. It's a pretty good strategy really. Start a thread, and then when your opinion is countered with actual facts and logic, start a new thread so you don't have to face up to it. For instance, how many times did we hear critics talk about how poor Jackson was at breaking tackles, only to find out he was tied for fifth in the league in this stat? Guess what we don't hear much about anymore?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Start a thread, and then when your opinion is countered with actual facts and logic, start a new thread so you don't have to face up to it.
    Nick you are such a whiner all you do is whine rather then looking at the facts as they were posted. Mine is facts Jackson is the worst RB in all the NFL when it comes to stuffed runs. That is a definite drive killer. Put all the spin in the world you want about it but your guy (Jackson) who you idolize for God knows what reason is the worst in the NFL when it comes to runs for a loss or no gain. THAT’S A FACT.

THIS POST IS A FACT HE IS THE WORST IN THE NFL WHEN IT COMES TO STUFFED RUNS.

Why don't you stick to the topic which is he is the worst in the NFL at stuffed runs.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I think that you can't place that stat all on Jackson. It takes an offense that knows how to run to make a runningback look good. RBs needs holes, lead blockers, and down field blocks to open up the field. You also need to run more running plays for the running game to open up. This offense is geared around throwing and they could not even get that done against the Vikings.

I wasn't happy with the 4th down call in the red zone in the first half. I would have put Wilkins out there. Let him kick an easy field goal and we would have had three points. Perhaps that failed run by Jackson is the one sticking out in everyone's mind. He went the wrong way. There was a hole. He didn't find it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    I wasn't happy with the 4th down call in the red zone in the first half. I would have put Wilkins out there. Let him kick an easy field goal and we would have had three points. Perhaps that failed run by Jackson is the one sticking out in everyone's mind. He went the wrong way. There was a hole. He didn't find it.
    He had the blocking to run it in but he did not follow the blocks Pace had the left side and he did not follow his block the announcers even mad a comment about it but that is not what sticks out to me about Jackson. What stick out to me about Jackson is there is people that think he is great RB. Yet week after week we see he cannot run outside so if I were defending him I would only worry about the inside runs and pack it in. We also see what the FACTS SHOW and that is that he is the worst RB when it comes to stuffed runs he has the most. When we watch the game everyone can see him dancing too much in the backfield everyone comments about that that is an easy target about Jackson. He is still our future but he has a long way to go and in the mean time people should recognize him for what he is today and that is an average to below average running back in the NFL. I know that hurts some people because they don't ever want their guy to be considered that.

He is supposed to be a power back and normally even in tough situations they can gain a half yard.

I stand by this statement.

THIS POST IS A FACT HE IS THE WORST IN THE NFL WHEN IT COMES TO STUFFED RUNS.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -12-13-2005 at 03:18 AM.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

STLRAMSFAN fails to mention who's in second place behind Jackson with only 3 less stuffed runs. And the winner is................. Shaun Alexander.

Only 3 less stuffed runs than Jackson ......... this just in Alexander is pretty good. Of course Alexander has more rushing attempts than Jackson so his avg is better, but all of this Jackson bashing is ridiculous.

So instead of putting all the blame on Jackson, the line play and play calling also have something to do with it.

So this stuffed run stat doesn't really hold too much importance since Alexander is #2 on the list.

We don't have the 1999 Faulk anymore, we have Jackson. This is his first full year being a starter behind a horrible line, and some bad play calling. Jackson has made mistakes for sure but he deserves a break.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -12-13-2005 at 03:06 AM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    STLRAMSFAN fails to mention who's in second place behind Jackson with only 3 less stuffed runs. And the winner is................. Shaun Alexander.

Only 3 less stuffed runs than Jackson ......... this just in Alexander is pretty good.

So instead of putting all the blame on Jackson, the line play and play calling also have something to do with it.

So this stuffed run stat doesn't really hold too much importance since Alexander is #2 on the list.
    Yes you are right 3 less in what 81 more attempts and he is still 3 less then Jackson that is a great point ramsbruce 81 more attempts 36.5 % more attempts and the second place guy Alexander still has three fewer stuffed runs then Jackson isn't that amazing that Jackson can have 81 more attempts then the second place guy and still have 3 more stuffed runs that is horrible.

This is a very key stat stuffed runs is a drive killer and this stat alone pretty much sums up the reason we have gone away from the run at times because nearly 1 out of every 5 attempts we either lose yards our get no gain.

SPIN SPIN SPIN this is the most telling stat of all when the RB does not move the ball.

I still stand by this.
    THIS POST IS A FACT HE IS THE WORST IN THE NFL WHEN IT COMES TO STUFFED RUNS. 6% worse then the second place RB with 81 less carries then the second place RB.The best RB is at 2% Jackson is at 18.5% as the worst in the NFL.
    Leads the league in stuffed runs at 41 in only 222 rushing attempts or 18.5% of the time he gets stuffed. The second place guy has 38 in 303 attempts or 12.5%.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -12-13-2005 at 03:33 AM.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

SPIN SPIN SPIN this is the most telling stat of all when the RB does not move the ball.

I still stand by this.
    THIS POST IS A FACT HE IS THE WORST IN THE NFL WHEN IT COMES TO STUFFED RUNS. 6% worse then the second place RB with 81 less carries then the second place RB.The best RB is at 2% Jackson is at 18.5% as the worst in the NFL.
    Leads the league in stuffed runs at 41 in only 222 rushing attempts or 18.5% of the time he gets stuffed. The second place guy has 38 in 303 attempts or 12.5%.

Who cares. There are more reasons why he leads this category than it just being all Jackson's fault. But this thread tries to make it look like it's all his fault. Jackson is really being painted as a scapegoat with all of these threads.

Hey thanks for making the text so big so that everyone at clanram can read it :sarcasm:
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Nick you are such a whiner all you do is whine rather then looking at the facts
    ...says the guy who ignored every piece of information I responded with and instead simply called me a whiner and continued to harp on his main talking point. Classic, really.

For someone who accuses me of, as you put it, not "looking at the facts as they were posted," let's see how many of my facts you addressed.

You didn't address the point I made about Faulk's big gains that bump up his average, didn't address the number of first downs Jackson has run for, and didn't address the 1/5 ratio of first downs to attempts, which you claimed he was the worst at in the league.

So, to summarize. You present a topic. I respond, countering your claims by providing not only facts and numbers - such as Faulk's rushing attempts and results or Jackson's rank in first downs rushed for - but also using the exact same logic you use - aka, your one-to-five ratio.

And what is the response of the poster who is critical of others for, and I'm again quoting you here, not ""looking at the facts as they were posted?"

My responses get completely ignored and you call me a whiner because I made a comment talking about how you ignore facts and logic.

Of course, that's precisely what you proceeded to do in your name-calling reply, basically playing right into my claim.

Result: Case closed.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast