RamWraith is offline Registered User

Jackson: Liven up the music, please

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    11/26/2007

Running back Steven Jackson had just finished answering his final question about Sunday’s bitterly disappointing 24-19 loss to Seattle. Or so reporters thought.

“One second please,” Jackson said, calling back reporters who had begun to disperse in the locker room.

“One thing from me: Can you please do a write-up on entertainment in the dome?” Jackson said. “We need to get it a little more lively, please.”

What’s the best way to liven up the Edward Jones Dome atmosphere?

“You’ve got to look around the league,” Jackson said. “There’s hip-hop played everywhere. I don’t know why we think it shouldn’t be played here.”

Jackson said there’s plenty of hip-hop that can be played that is “clean.”

“Even if you’re playing rock ’n’ roll, or alternative music, it (can be) clean,” Jackson suggested. “It’s fun. I think we need to get our fans behind us. And we can’t do it if everything’s quiet, and it’s not even pumping out music. Thank you.”

Bulger out early

Quarterback Marc Bulger had an early exit Sunday, leaving the game for good midway through the first quarter with a concussion. He was hospitalized after the game for tests and observation and was released Sunday night.

On the seventh play of the game, Bulger was leveled on a blindside hit by blitzing Seattle linebacker Leroy Hill. Hill came over left tackle Alex Barron's side. But Barron blocked toward the inside and made no attempt to block Hill on the outside.

Bulger fumbled on the play, with right tackle Rob Petitti recovering for the Rams. All told, it was a 17-yard loss on third down, taking the Rams out of field-goal range. Bulger was in for four more plays, but coach Scott Linehan could tell that he wasn't right.

"We talked a little bit, and I could tell right when he walked off by looking at him that there was something a little different," Linehan said. "Based on the way he was acting, he just wasn't quite right. He mentioned that he didn't feel good, and that's a big concern. He said he was starting to feel a little nauseous there."

Bulger's last play was an interception on a shovel pass to Brian Leonard with 7 minutes 25 seconds remaining in the first quarter.

Pisa, Romberg injured

Other than Will Witherspoon, the Rams defender who has been playing the best football over the past month probably has been fellow linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa. But Tinoisamoa sprained his left knee with 12:02 left in the third quarter and did not return.

"It's probably something they'll have to MRI," Tinoisamoa said. "I'm optimistic about it. I've been through a lot of things, so hopefully it's one of those things that I can play through."

Tinoisamoa was replaced by Chris Draft. Brett Romberg, meanwhile, didn't make it to halftime. Attempting to play for the first time since the Oct. 21 Rams-Seattle game, Romberg aggravated the high ankle sprain that had sidelined him for a month. On Friday, the Rams decided to go with Romberg over McCollum as their starting center, but McCollum replaced him with 3½ minutes to go in the first quarter.

Steven Jackson suffered a blow to the head at the end of the third quarter but missed only one series.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson: Liven up the music, please

It wouldn't hurt, why not?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson: Liven up the music, please

Absolutely, all for it. I hope the main EDJ managers listen and take heed to Jackson -- bad enough that a Rams star had to request it via reporters to get the necessary attention.

:bash: And do it right!