Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    lakerams Guest

Jackson Makes All The Difference

Jackson just proved tonight exactly what most of us have been saying all season: Jackson should be starting, he makes a difference in the game.

which makes last week even more puzzling. Martz can try to side step the issue all he wants, but there is no reason that guy should not be in the game. if he can handle the Eagles blitzes, he can handle Arizona's.

Jackson changes the Rams game completely. he averaged over 6 yards per rush tonight with the same O-Line that you all have been saying he wouldn't make a difference behind. well, tonight he proved you wrong.

now, the Arizona game is really a mystery. he would have made a difference in the game if Martz would have done exactly what he did tonight: all running plays to start the game and the result is a TD.

Jackson is the man and should start next week and next season as well. he's the hard-nosed player the Rams have been missing. the Rams were all about finesse. now, they have a bruising back to go with the finesse passing game. it's the ultimate compliment.

let's hope Martz continues to run the ball to open up the passing game rather than the other way around ( which he normally does ). that is their only chance of loosening up the Jets D next week and give them a chance to win.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson Makes All The Difference

Indeed. He made Madden's horse trailer. Maybe the knee wasn't ready last week or Martz forgot that he was available. Who knows?? He is the real deal. I hope that the knee is ready for next week. He just said that it is OK and that he will be ready. He is our future; power, speed and attitude... :ramlogo:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

atcchris is offline Registered User

Not going to get all excited based on this game.. it was exactly the right thing to do, and give Martz credit for doing it; if he makes the playoffs, it doesn't matter if it was by beating the Eagles or the Cardinals... but we do have to remember that the Eagles really didn't play their best players.

Nevertheless, it is heartening to see Jackson play so well. Bulger only threw for 225 yards and 1 TD, but no picks. Again.. was it against the best the Eagles could throw at us? Hardly.

We'll see how it continues to play out.

If we sneak into the playoffs, and then sneak a win IN the playoffs, then I will say that this team did better than it should have this year.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I came across two running backs in the locker room, and I chose the one less traveled. And that, has made all the difference.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -12-28-2004 at 02:05 AM.

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

I worry about Jackson's durability...There is no doubt the the rookie can play, but he sure seems to get banged up for a young guy...I think he might be almost too physical for his long term well being...Will he be like Eddie George where we get 4-5 good years out of him and then that's it????

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I'm not too concerned about his durability, as long as the Rams get smart and get rid of the concrete turf at the Ed.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I'm not too concerned about his durability, as long as the Rams get smart and get rid of the concrete turf at the Ed.
    I agree with Shades, Jackson's durability concerns me. Hopefully it's all an aberration confined to this year. As for the concrete turf at the Ed, well that's a double edged sword. A fast track that benefits our offense or a more forgiving surface that would ease the chance of injuries? Our home record on that concrete turf is hard to argue with.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Very good point AV. They need to install the new wave stuff with the tire rubber in it! He is gonna have a short career if they don't! :disappoin
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

JTrotterFan is offline Registered User

You do remember that in any other game when our team is playing for something and our entire starting Defense is in...Jackson would not have done what he did. We would have shut that down and not relaxed and blitzed a lot more. Granted..he had a good game...but this was a rare circumstance.
    Let's see if he can do that next week.

He probably would have done better against your first Team.We know your team laid down for whatever reason but you don't have to rub it in do ya? :tongue:

JTrotterFan is offline Registered User

I know that when i turned the game on at work...all i kept saying was...please noone get hurt...please, please...please!!

And what happens, we lose a backup RB for the remainder. Our starting TE gets hurt and our Pro Bowl CB gets hurt. Geez!! Talk about bad luck!

I actually have always had a spot in my heart for Philly, don't ask me why,but they are cursed and don't ask me why on that either!

lakerams Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JTrotterFan
    You do remember that in any other game when our team is playing for something and our entire starting Defense is in...Jackson would not have done what he did. We would have shut that down and not relaxed and blitzed a lot more. Granted..he had a good game...but this was a rare circumstance.
    Let's see if he can do that next week.
    you do realize that your teams run defense is the weak part of that defense don't you?

1st or 2nd string, Jackson would have ran over either one.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lakerams
    ... which makes last week even more puzzling. Martz can try to side step the issue all he wants, but there is no reason that guy should not be in the game. if he can handle the Eagles blitzes, he can handle Arizona's.
    So let's see now where we are at in this coaching charade. If "we" say run, he says pass. If we say pass, he says run. So if we say run, he knows we think he will say pass so he will fool us by saying run. And if we say pass, he knows we think he will say run so he will fool us by saying pass. Of course we know that he knows we know not what we are saying.

In the overall scheme of things, last week's antics by eM 'n eM are no puzzlement, just further indictment of his game mismanagement. But, hey, he is still learning ... unfortunately always after the fact, only in theory, and never lasting ...

RealRam is online now Registered User

Theodus, Avenger, agreed. We definitely need the new type of turf at the Ed.

So far, the more I see The Train run, the better I like him. Our OL did a decent job in helping him find some good alleys through and around the trenches.

Also, I really liked hearing Marshall, Holt, S Jackson express their comments before and after the game Vs Eagles. We need to be mentally prepared for the last regular season game!

DO IT! :angryram:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast