RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Exclamation Jackson is the PERFECT Running Back for the Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I believe this will be my feelings on Jackson all season. In one breath I find myself yelling four letter words at the TV after one of his patented 5 yard loss runs. Then the guy goes and lays it on the line in the 4th quarter and looks like he is fricking a man possessed. What is the deal with him? What can we expect this year? I just can't figure him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    I'm done with SJ, lets try SD!
    Not to fault Steven Jackson, but the RAMS must check their options at the runningback position...Maybe I'm overreacting, but sooner or later I would like to see what Stephen davis can do...
    You guys are smoking something, and yes overreacting; as is everyone dissing Jackson. Had the Rams not abandoned the running game in the red zone, the score would have been MUCH higher and Jackson could have, and should have, had 2-3 TDs. And if he did, I'm sure you never would have posted this.

Didn't you see him running fools over and dragging 300 lb linemen like they were nothing? It was only until 2, 3, sometimes 4 guys got on him did he go down. I was more than impressed that he did this against one of the best running defenses in the NFL. Most of the game he had zero room to run, and embarrassed the Broncos D when they couldn't tackle him. One of the best running lanes of the game was presented to Fisher on his long run. Had that been Jackson, he would have bowled that last Bronco defender over and continued on for the TD.

I understand your frustration at the lack of points on the board; we all feel that to some degree. (At least I had Wilkins on my fantasy team ) If Bulger could have completed half the passes that mattered, on 3rd downs and in the red zone, we would've blown out the Broncos by 30 points. If this doesn't improve, it could get ugly, but I am inclined to blame it on his timing being off since he and the Rams starting receiving core played hardly any time together in the preseason. In many ways this was like a true preseason game for the Rams, in terms of learning to play together and getting into rhythm as an offensive unit.

There were some scary Martz like moments where we abandoned the running game at key moments, which I'm sure will change as Linehan also gets into his rhythm with his play calling.

Let's also not forget how good this "crappy" offensive line has the potential to be. We have Pace and Timmerman as proven Pro Bowlers, but they cannot block everyone. Barron is only in his second season, with today being only his 12th start. Incognito started his first ever NFL game today! Mcollum getting injured was a huge blow, even though Turner did an ok job filling in, and I hope he comes back soon. These guys need time to gel and when they do, the rest of the NFL better look out, because the Rams running game will be dominating. All things considered, today was a great start to our running game, all and all went very well. Again let me state that THIS WAS ALL DONE AGAINST THE NUMBER 2 RUSH DEFENSE IN THE NFL!! (They were barely behind the #1 run defense of San Diego.)

I could go on, but I digress. Let me just finish by saying that I am looking forward to a season of hardcore, in your face football that Martz could never deliver. Tonight was just the beginning! These are the new Rams we've been dying to see. Linehan and Haslett HAVE turned things around and Jackson is the PERFECT smash mouth running back, to match the new smash mouth Defense.

Riddlen Guest

Re: Jackson is the PERFECT Running Back for the Rams!

Yes indeed, new great offense that technicaly put up 0 points....martz could have never dont that oh no!

Quote Originally Posted by Riddlen View Post
    Yes indeed, new great offense that technicaly put up 0 points....martz could have never dont that oh no!
    Did you even read my post, or are you off your "riddlen" and your A.D.D. wouldn't allow you to finish? I never said he couldn't produce points, he scored often and drew up amazing passing schemes that would blow my mind when executed well.

Since you brought up Martz, check out today's box score from the Lion's first game with Martz calling the shots, which they lost 9-6, and using your backwards logic technically put up zero points:

TOTAL NET YARDS 251

NET YARDS RUSHING 38
    Rushing Attempts 17

NET YARDS PASSING 213
    Completions-Attempts 21-37

As you can see Martz hasn't changed a bit, still has no concept of a balanced offense, and maybe if he would run the ball a bit more the Lions could win some games.

This thread is about Jackson however, so please Mr one post guy, say something productive or leave the thread alone.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Excuse me, 'Til-I-Die':

I believe it was YOU that brought up Martz' name in this thread, not Riddlen.

Steven Jackson will be fine, I agree. Today, too many of us fans were expecting so much from him -- and yet, all things considered, he delivered!

As for RamWraith's quoted post above, I take that as a positive remark in that sometimes, thus far, he displays a certain amount of inconsistency but this, as is being surmised throughout the various other threads from today's game, is due to the overall lack of cohesiveness from the Rams offense, i.e., new playbook, coaches, players, etc.

Wraith's comments reminds me of the song 'Spooky', by the Classics IV.

As stated in another thread, perhaps this side of No. 39 is the nature of

'The Beast'

...a big bad punishing back we'd like to see.

PS: just notice I had been spelling our very own RB star's name as Stephen! Sorry. Rest assured it won't happen again!
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-12-2006 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Format / spelling.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Yes you have to read into his sarcasm. He meant the Martz would have not won a game in which the offense had no TDS

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Yes you have to read into his sarcasm. He meant the Martz would have not won a game in which the offense had no TDS
    Could be...if so I apologize for jumping down his throat. It's just when you take a long time to write a long thought out post and someone posts a one liner cheap shot about .05% of what I was talking about, I get a little defensive.

Shameless bump for Jackson...the guy deserves more love than he's getting.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Jackson's performance was fine. About half of the plays he loses yds he seems indecisive and the other half the o-line just does a crappy job of blocking. He gained 121 yds against one of the leagues fastest and best defenses. Denver gave up 85.5 yds a game last year Jackson was able to get 121 not too shabby. Jackson is fine watch what he does to Frisco this week.

I was more concerned about the home fans booing when we didnt punch it in at the end. A game we were predicted to lose and lose badly we dominated! Anyone who booed at the game should check themselves and see how many winning teams we beat last year. We beat 2 winning teams all of last year and the Dallas game really didnt count because Dallas's playoff hopes were crushed earlier. We beat a team Sunday that was in the AFC Championship game. The Rams dominated that game any way you look at it. How can the offense get any worse than it did on Sunday against a very good team??? I feel like many do on the second scoring opportunity we had Linehan should have ran 3 times and let Jackson power in. I dont expect the same results from our offense this week against a lesser opponent than we faced Sunday. If the offense get on track the NFL needs to look out because all this team ever needed was a good defense.
    Just Fix It

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

22 carries for 121 yards is pretty good. And your right about abandoning the run in the red zone RamFan_Til_I_Die, that play action pass while in goal line formation in the first quarter, (vintage Martz) would have been 6 points had they run it in. Linehan admitted that he blew some calls; let's hope he learns from those mistakes and moves on.

Jackson is the our running back, like it or not. :l
    Last edited by RAMMAN68; -09-12-2006 at 11:33 AM.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Jackson is a very good back who just needs to stop dancing around at the line. Too many times he tries to dance and bounce runs outside. Bad plan of attack in the NFL. When he builds up steam hes as hard to bring down as any back in the game. I believe he broke 2 defenders arms (Plummer and someone else) in his first season.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

RealRam is offline Registered User

Jackson is the our running back, like it or not. --RAMMAN68
    As sure as I'm typing this, I LIKE IT! ...GO JAX! :r