RamWraith is offline Registered User

Jackson saw extensive time

I re-watched the game yesterday and noticed how many snaps Jackson got, especially in the second half. Although he was not used the entire time, due to us being in passing mode, he was the back.

This brings ups a couple of questions. Is Marshall a little more dinged than we all know about? Marshall dropped some EASY passes last week, why? Is Martz gaining confidence in the young buck?

This next weekend will be an interesting tale, and should answer a lot of questions. I believe the key to this weeks game is running the ball down the throats of the Bucs to set up the pass. If Jackson see as many snaps as he did last week I expect a huge week from the kid.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson saw extensive time

Faulk also dropped an easy one against New Orleans when the Rams were driving down the field late in the second quarter. That catch would have put the Rams at the 25 or so and easily would have scored.

Faulk just dosen't seem the same to me. Sorry, I can't specifically put my finger on it, but he just dosen't look the same. When Jackson is in there, I feel he could bust one open no matter if the hole is there or not. Faulk, I don't have that same confidence anymore.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I'll put my finger on it. He is not hitting the hole like he used to. He is looking ahead before catching the ball. He is protecting against injury when he is hit.

Bottom line, Faulk has taken a beating over the years and isn't the same back as he was 3 years ago.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the Jacksonites!

elAcky Guest

He is not hitting the hole like he used to
    I dont think he is hitting the whole at all... he seems determine to jink around people at the line of scrimmage... quite sad to see

before everyone jumps on me... Faulk is one of my all time favorite Rams... but reality is reality... taking a RB at #1 was a very smart move by the organisation.

I think we will progressively see more of Jackson this year to the point that he will be apointed starter most likely this next offseason.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

too much dancing with Faulk. He got away with that when the O'line was better and the run was the last thing Defenses were worried about.

That horizontal running will eventually give way to Jackson, who hits the hole quick.

They don't really use Faulk in the passing game anymore anyway...except as a "check-down". If they started drawing up more plays designed to pass to him in the middle of the field, I would want him in there as a versatile threat, but if we're just going to use him as a check-down, then you might as well go with Jackson.

as for the drops, it's early in the season...he can still catch and will get over that.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

I really don't see a problem here. Faulk is getting ready for a film career as he gets his feet wet in Snicker's commercials(c). Jackson is gradually getting rid of the deer-in-headlights look. Faulk still is going to get some face time for BreathRight(R) Nasal Strips and Jackson still has time to learn to mask his StonerEdge(TM) Take-No-Prisoners style. It's time to go well ...

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    I really don't see a problem here. Faulk is getting ready for a film career as he gets his feet wet in Snicker's commercials(c).
    LOL, I do enjoy your commentary!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Again....we are a little too quick at jumping the gun here IMPO! All great backs that are trying to make plays drops passes! I like Jackson very much but, MF IMPO is just trying to maybe carry the team on his shoulders maybe a little too much. Also if you haven't noticed, this year players are starting IMPO to take cheap shots at his knees! Go back and watch the films. you might see what i'm saying! When a team as the Rams are (knowing that they should be winning but,aren't playing to their potential) tend to try and make things happen! To jump start their team by making big plays. Marshall will be fine! I do like 39 spelling him though .It will keep Marshall a little fresher down the stretch for when its win or go home!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Also if you haven't noticed, this year players are starting IMPO to take cheap shots at his knees!
    Players taking cheap shots at Faulk isn't anything new, in my opinion. I remember reading stories from a season or two ago where there was an accusation of someone twisting his ankle at the bottom of a pile.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I still think Faulk has a lot to bring to the table, but man oh man that Steven Jackson can run like a runaway train.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think it's clear to everyone that Faulk has lost a step. But, like many others said, he still brings something to the table. He's not done yet. He knows the game and the playbook so well that he will always be an asset. If he retires after this season, I hope they can keep him with the Rams somehow. For now, Marshall can still score touchdowns and make some moves, and Steven Jackson is a freakin' off-tackle steamroller. I like them both.