rammiser is offline Registered User

Jackson should be check down on all passing plays.

Shurmur should go back and look at the 06 season. Jackson caught 90 passes that year. When he isn't running the ball he should be running routes and be Bulgers security blanket. Why he didn't get any balls thrown his way when Bulger was scrambling is beyond me. Jackson does great things in the passing game and the coaching staff should make this adjustment. Especially against aggressive defenses. Ill take Jackson one on one with a linebacker or safety all day long.

Just Fix It

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson should be check down on all passing plays.

Agreed. I think anyone on the board will agree with this. We need to get Jackson the ball more. I'm sure the coaches realize that too. Let's see if we actually try it next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Conceptually, i agree 100 percent. The problem is that we need all the help we can get blocking in the backfield and so i dont think that jackson is getting out in the flat as much as we would all like. Its a great point however that when bulger is flushed out of the pocket, we need to find a way to get the ball into the big boys hands.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Conceptually, i agree 100 percent. The problem is that we need all the help we can get blocking in the backfield and so i dont think that jackson is getting out in the flat as much as we would all like. Its a great point however that when bulger is flushed out of the pocket, we need to find a way to get the ball into the big boys hands.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Against agressive defenses that are sending the house at Bulger, a couple of quick screens out to Jax over their heads will do wonders to slow down that rush. Bulger just has to be quick on the trigger is all, and that's where it could get ugly. I think he might still be holding the ball too long, but that could just be the routes that are being run or the pass blocking not holding up for 4 seconds. I dunno.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Does ayone know how Karney fared out in the game?..Was he actually an asset?

eldfan is offline Registered User

Agreed get the ball in your best players hands as many times as you can, any way that you can.
    :ramlogo:

rNemesis is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Does ayone know how Karney fared out in the game?..Was he actually an asset?
    No I heard he did absolutely nothing.

But as far as this game goes, heres what we need to win

Get the ball in Jackson's hands more often. ( as stated already like a thousand times) Especially running the ball

Interior line needs to step up; get rid of Cogs he is such a pain in the a** and has to GO NOW!!! I cant stand it when the rams put up with BS like that thats causing us games

Slow down haynesworth. If he did nothing in the Giants game it scares me to know what he has in store for Jason Brown's comments.

Contain Portis, Cooley and Moss, as these are the main weapons of their offensive attack.

NEVER GIVE UP!!! PLAY HARD PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL FOR FOUR FULL QUARTERS!!! Josh brown needs to make his kicks, and Bulger needs to read the defense better!

maineram is offline Registered User

Wasn't Shurmur a QB coach with the Eagles before we hired him as OC ??? Playcalling is an art, a fast paced art but and art in itself based on hunches of what they defense MAY do. He'll grow into that as the season goes along. The offense did look a bit different in the preseason and seemed to be much more aggressive even with SJ on the sideline.

It's awfully hard to be patient as a fan after the last couple of years but this is all new and we all hope that things change for the better as the season, and seasons go along with this new staff.

Giving SJ the ball early and often both running and passing will go along way.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !