Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sbramfan is offline Registered User

Jackson should not have replaced Faulk this year

This guy is a rebel. He thinks he can do everything on his own. Marshall is smarter and better than Steven Jackson.

On the 4th and 2 play, all the blockers went to the left. The play was designed to go to the left. FOR SOME REASON, Jackson decides to give up on that, and "stop", and cut back to the middle. If he just keeps going behind the blockers, he get's the first down.

Give him the ball? Why?

He needs to shut his big mouth and learn how to be a running back in this league. There have been numerous mistakes this guy has made at critical times.

HE SHOULD NOT HAVE REPLACED MARSHALL FAULK. He should have been the situtational guy to come in and get more experience. I hope he learns, but I'm starting to think he will just be a frustrating dissapointment.

We can't even trust him to follow the play call. We can't trust him to get 1 freeking yard because he will abort the play, and try to "cut back". Sure if there's a wide open hole, he looks like he could be great, but who doesn't when there's a hole?

@#%O@I%J%$#%)"(#$U%

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jackson should not have replaced Faulk this year

Oh, please.

The switch to Jackson was about age and the fact that Faulk has had multiple knee injuries. He's not perfect, but he's the Rams' top back right now.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Oh, please.

The switch to Jackson was about age and the fact that Faulk has had multiple knee injuries. He's not perfect, but he's the Rams' top back right now.
    Well Said.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Marshall was the one who told MM he thought Steven Jackson should start. If Faulk was the one who started the season, he would probably be on injured reserve right now.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    The switch to Jackson was about age and the fact that Faulk has had multiple knee injuries.
    Not to mention it was initiated by Faulk, who I trust knows more about our running game and personnel than internet message board fans, including myself.

This is Jackson's 16th start as a pro. He's still going to make mistakes, and the cut back on fourth down was clearly a big one. But I wonder where these sentiments were late in October when Jackson gained 316 yards on 49 touches with three touchdowns?

Marshall Faulk, had he been the feature back this season, probably would not be playing right now. He'd be talking to Roland Williams and Jerametrius Butler on the sidelines, and contemplating how much football he'll be able to play in 2006. There's a reason this switch was made, and it baffles me when people say things like "I hope he learns" but at the same time don't want him to see the kind of experience that will facilitate that learning.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I agree that he makes some bonehead decisions concerning cutting backs. I wish that he would just follow his blocks (or lack thereof). He could make 3 yards per carry if he just fell forward with his size and speed. However, as stated, Faulk just can't do it on a week to week basis anymore with his knee problems. I guess that this is his time to learn and get better. With a season like this one, it is a perfect time to get Jackson and Fitz some much needed experience when the team's record is of no concern...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan
    I guess that this is his time to learn and get better. With a season like this one, it is a perfect time to get Jackson and Fitz some much needed experience when the team's record is of no concern...
    Good point in that it's certainly one of the few positives you can take away from a season like this - you have to believe some of our young players are getting valuable experience this year that will make them better in the years to come.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Come on. Yeah he makes his mistakes. The O-line makes a lot more. The guy is still going to go over 1,000 yards this season, and he's ran hard today. Lay off and give him time to learn
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

He made stupid mistakes, and he heep doing it, this is his second year, but... did he earnt the right to argue with the HC about his role on the offensive team. I believe he has talent and the switch was right (I would have liked to see more marshall this year) but he has to keep his mouth shut and try to gain some more yards

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I see nothing wrong with him asking for the ball. If the team wont give it to him, why not ask for it. Receivers do it all the time.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

faulk is far from being washed up.........He might of seen the Oline play still being as bad as it has been!..I've seen the disgust on Marshalls face on more than 1 running play!.......MM has his faults for suring up the Oline!

bruce_wannabe Guest

i dont want to say this, but i believe faulk will head elsewhere next year!!!!!!!! he still has some juice left in him and i beilieve he wants to play still

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_wannabe
    i dont want to say this, but i believe faulk will head elsewhere next year!!!!!!!! he still has some juice left in him and i beilieve he wants to play still
    I'm really not buying into this speculation. One, Faulk agreed to an extension here in the offseason, which he probably wouldn't have done if he didn't want to be here. And two, if Faulk still wanted to play, why take himself out of the starting role? I would find it hard to believe that the coaching staff would refuse to play Faulk if Marshall went to them and said he wanted to be in the game more.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

I think Marshall wanted a more secondary role as the Running Back. Not a non-existent one. I think he pictured he would get his HOF numbers and records over these next two years and ride off into the sunset, but he's only had like 3 touches per game.

What a waste. I guarantee you he thought he'd play more than he is playing. And I bet he thought SJ would play better than he is playing. But when Marshall comes in it looks like we have a running game again. When Jackson is it, it's like there's a wall.

and who cares if he would be on injured reserve right now...I bet the Rams would have more wins.

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    and who cares if he would be on injured reserve right now...I bet the Rams would have more wins.
    Great attitude. Who cares if Marshall Faulk gets injured to the point where it ends his season, so long as the Rams win! :up: :tut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast