Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Jackson Sits Out Rams Practice

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Jackson Sits Out Rams Practice

Jackson sits out Rams practice

3 hours ago BY KATHLEEN NELSON

Running back Steven Jackson missed practice Wednesday, the first day of preparation for the Rams' game Sunday in Chicago. Coach Jeff Fisher said Jackson was "day-to-day" because of a groin strain.

Jackson suffered the injury on a 20-yard run a few plays before crossing the plane of the goal line on what appeared to be a touchdown. He then spiked the ball, a legal move after a TD, but was assessed an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, since the officials did not signal a touchdown. Jackson did not return to the game.

If Jackson is unable to play Sunday, Terrance Ganaway might get some playing time. Though he joined the Rams just September 1, he is larger at 6-1 and 240 than the Rams' two draft choices this year, Isaiah Pead and Daryl Richardson, who back up Jackson.

Also unable to practice Wednesday was tackle Wayne Hunter, who had replaced Rodger Saffold at left tackle. Saffold left Sunday's victory over Washington with a sprained MCL. Hunter left briefly with an ankle injury but returned Sunday. If Hunter is unable to play, the Rams could rely on Ty Nsekhe against the Bears.

Other players who remained on the sideline were S Matthew Daniels (hamstring), FB Brit Miller (thigh) and DT Michael Brockers (ankle).

DT Matt Conrath, returned to the field and did work on the sidelines. Conrath missed the first two games of the regular season because of a knee injury.

Re: Jackson Sits Out Rams Practice

So much for the benching theories. I really hope Jackson will be ready for Sunday, but if not, it feels great to know Richardson is there to pick up the slack.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Fisher has stated that Jackson could have reentered the Redskins game had Richardson struggled, so I wouldn't be surprised if he rested this week but played in the game.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Boo. I was wondering if he got benched for his attitude and spiking the ball. I hate to hear that he is sitting out. I picked him up on my fantasy team and I have been worried that he would not put up points for me. To the bench you go Steven.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Man, we talkin bout practice. He suppose to be franchise player, and all we're talkin bout is practice. Not a game, but practice.
    Fettmaster and lostsoul like this.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Man, we talkin bout practice. He suppose to be franchise player, and all we're talkin bout is practice. Not a game, but practice.
    True, but he did not play for half of the last game and he has no TDs for the season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    True, but he did not play for half of the last game and he has no TDs for the season.
    But we're talking about practice. Not the game that Steven Jackson goes out there and dies for and plays every game last it's his last, but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Now I know that Jackson is supposed to lead by example and all that but he's not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. He knows it's important, he honestly does, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice. When you come to the dome, and you see Jackson play, you've seen him play right, you've seen him give everything he's got, but we're talking about practice right now.
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -09-20-2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: practice
    UtterBlitz, C-Mob 71 and RKDfan like this.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Man he is really felling Fisher's wrath...but not letting him practice is really sending a message that the Rams need.
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -09-20-2012 at 01:23 AM.
    THOLTFAN81 and lostsoul like this.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    But we're talking about practice. Not the game that Steven Jackson goes out there and dies for and plays every game last it's his last, but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Now I know that Jackson is supposed to lead by example and all that but he's not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. He knows it's important, he honestly does, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice. When you come to the dome, and you see Jackson play, you've seen him play right, you've seen him give everything he's got, but we're talking about practice right now.
    The most amazing part about this post is the reason given for editing.

Subtlety at its finest.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

I'm actually kind of hoping that that start with outside runs against the Bears.

I think we'll be using speed and exploiting the cover who? zones to be successful on offense, and I'd love to see a rested and ready SJ powering it up the middle on those short yardage plays.

This is going to be a tough game.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Sarcasm ENGAGE:

Wow, the Rams are working really hard to cover up SJax's disciplinary benching in last Sunday's game.

Sarcasm OFF.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Not a game not a game, talkin bout practice
    UtterBlitz likes this.

Yep, it's just practice, and probably just a precaution, but there is no denying the fact that when Jackson has these types of soft tissue injuries, they don't heal quickly, and they linger.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Yep, it's just practice, and probably just a precaution, but there is no denying the fact that when Jackson has these types of soft tissue injuries, they don't heal quickly, and they linger.
    Maybe it's a genuine precautionary measure but I think it's just as likely to be disinformation/bluff. Fisher is known for his cageyness regarding injury reports & if there's any Ram he might be able to rely on showing up on Sunday with minimal practice, it has to be SJ. Make the Bears plan for D-Rich & counter-punch with either SJ or...dare I say it ?...Pead.

Not sayin' I don't believe the injury occurred but it seems unlikely that it was serious since there was no extensive attention from Reggie Scott, no trying to loosen it up on the bike, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Maybe it's a genuine precautionary measure but I think it's just as likely to be disinformation/bluff. Fisher is known for his cageyness regarding injury reports & if there's any Ram he might be able to rely on showing up on Sunday with minimal practice, it has to be SJ. Make the Bears plan for D-Rich & counter-punch with either SJ or...dare I say it ?...Pead.

Not sayin' I don't believe the injury occurred but it seems unlikely that it was serious since there was no extensive attention from Reggie Scott, no trying to loosen it up on the bike, etc.
    Guess we're going to find out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast