RamWraith is offline Registered User

Jackson stunk up the joint

Everyone is pointing fingers at the FO, Vitt, Bulger, the defense. How about a little finger pointing Jackson's way. This kid has done nothing but whine about his limited carries, yet what did he do with the rock this week. He was the one that was responsible for the man blitzing when Bulger got killed. He is the one that lost the ball and a great drive that took all the wind out of out sails.

I think maybe a lot blame needs to start falling on some of you all's new found hero. Some of you are the first to scream that Jackson didn't get enough carries or he is the future, we need to run more...etc....Look at him now.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jackson stunk up the joint

Wait a second...

Yes, Jackson had a horrible day yesterday...

Yes, he has whined a bit about carries...

But, let's not overstate things.

He's still a very good player who is going to get better. He's still averaging 4.4 yards per carry this year.

Jackson may have been part of the problem yesterday, but in the long run, he's part of the solution.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I actually agree with both of you. The fumble was really a killer, but the play call was even worse. third and six inches and we are running our 240 pound moose WIDE?

If we cant make six inches in two tries up the middle with steven jackson against the last ranked run defense in the nfl we deserve exactly what we got. A terrible loss at home, to me, the worst loss since 1999. OUtplayed and outspirited by a last place team at home.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

He was the one that was responsible for the man blitzing when Bulger got killed
    To be fair, there were two blitzers on that side...Huff and Wilson. Jackson picked up the first one through the line (Huff) leaving Wilson open. Jackson did miss some assignments, but on that play if he picks up Wilson, it's Huff slamming Bulger to the ground.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I thought that we were going to get a mix of Jackson & Faulk or even both at times in the backfield. Did I miss something?? Why, if Faulk is in better shape physically due to no off-season surgeries for once, have we seen so little of him. Is there too much dissention between them for them to share the backfield individually or at the same time?? I'm not trying to brew a controversy, just trying to see if there is something simmering below the surface....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    How about a little finger pointing Jackson's way.
    Why do you think we keep STLRAMSFAN around?

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I actually agree with both of you. The fumble was really a killer, but the play call was even worse. third and six inches and we are running our 240 pound moose WIDE?
    I agree completely. That was one of the worst play calls I've seen all year.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

2 words Offensive Line. If your line doesn't block for you it isn't going to help you get anywere. If he had gotten some blocks he would have done better. Don't put this on his back.
    RamsFan16

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You are right 16, that LINE was OFFENSIVE.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Wait a second...

Yes, Jackson had a horrible day yesterday...

Yes, he has whined a bit about carries...

But, let's not overstate things.

He's still a very good player who is going to get better. He's still averaging 4.4 yards per carry this year.

Jackson may have been part of the problem yesterday, but in the long run, he's part of the solution.
    I agree, he will not be all world until we get the O-line set in stone and the two old guys must go.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

For some reason our o-line cant open anything in the middle.Jackson either runs into the backs of the linemen or jumps outside to meet 3 defenders.The fumble and the sack yes,but the rest of the day the finger pointing goes to the O-line.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Key to the running game next season: Steve Hutchinson.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Thanks for keeping me around as you say Nick.
    It really is something that everyone puts on their rose colored glasses with Jackson. He has not proven to be a great back yet people need to wait two years and then decide. The reason I speak up about him is because backs are often hard to judge and he has not played a full season and everyone says he is either good already and going to get better or he is great. That is unreal if we can assume he is great already then maybe we should assume every other young player on the Rams team that has been here as long as Jackson has is a bust if they have not performed yet.

I made one statement that said Jackson is not Faulk when it comes to blocking. Then another fan says that pisses them off. Come on guys can we not say what we see. I don’t ever expect him to be Faulk and Jackson does hold the keys to the future. I am pulling for Jackson but I am not smoking what every one else is that is saying he is great. I think people are getting carried away with the hype of us getting the #1 overall RB in the draft. We need to enjoy his success, watch him grow, and wait a couple years before we proclaim he has arrived as one of the great RBs today.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-23-2005 at 02:45 PM.