Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Jackson Tests Thigh, Remains Questionable

Jackson tests thigh, remains questionable

BY JIM THOMAS
    Thursday, September 22, 2011

For the first time since suffering the injury Sept. 11 against Philadelphia, Pro Bowl running back Steven Jackson tested his right thigh in practice Thursday. But he didn't get much work in, being officially listed as limited participation, and remains questionable to doubtful for Sunday's St. Louis Rams home game against Baltimore.

"I was able to get out there today, practice a little bit, get a few reps in," Jackson said. "I'm starting to familiarize myself with the game plan and knowing what Baltimore does. So mentally, I'm right on key with the team. I just have to continue over the next few days to see how the quad reacts to me actually doing physical work that's football related."

As was the case Monday against the New York Giants, Jackson's status for Baltimore probably won't be decided until he tests the thigh a couple of hours before kickoff.

• Jackson's backup, Cadillac Williams did not practice Thursday after tweaking his hamstring against the Giants. But Williams told reporters he would try to run Friday in practice and expressed optimism that he would be able to play Sunday.

If both Jackson and Williams can't go, the Rams would use some combination of Jerious Norwood and Quinn Porter, who are the only other running backs on the active roster.

• Once again, wide receiver Danny Amendola (elbow) did not practice and he's probably another week or two away. C.J. Ah You, with his left hand wrapped like a club following wrist surgery, returned to practice on a limited basis. Also getting limited work were LB Ben Leber (groin), and TE Michael Hoomanawanui (calf). After being limited Wednesday, WR Greg Salas (ribs) was listed as full participation Thursday.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson Tests Thigh, Remains Questionable

Our running back situation doesn't seem very promising this week, with both Jackson and Williams banged up. I would be surprised if Jackson plays. My feeling is that he is at least a week away from being near 100%. There is no point in rushing him and risking further injury which sets him back.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Jackson will start, my fantasy lineup says so.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

he better start playing man... the offense is not the same without him period. He is the supposed heart and sould of our team, he needs to lead by example and show the rest of the team if he is out there sacrificing his body for the good of the team everyone else needs to follow suit!!!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    he better start playing man... the offense is not the same without him period. He is the supposed heart and sould of our team, he needs to lead by example and show the rest of the team if he is out there sacrificing his body for the good of the team everyone else needs to follow suit!!!!
    I agree that he needs to get out there, the guy is just so damn big and strong yet he runs 47 yards untouched and is out 3 games,makes you wonder if all that work he does on his body is really working for him.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

If Jackson ain't playing, I'm more likely to skip the game. We just seem to beat ourselves up whenever we face quality teams and this will be a real test for our defense since we need to contain Rice and Boldin while rattling down Flacco.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I can only hope that this is just a bit of psy-ops by SJ and The Rams & that he's actually closer to being ready than they want to let on.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I can only hope that this is just a bit of psy-ops by SJ and The Rams & that he's actually closer to being ready than they want to let on.
    Lets hope so. I didn't think his issue was going to last throughout this weekend as well.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Lets hope so. I didn't think his issue was going to last throughout this weekend as well.
    Further positive spin that's not without logic,imo, is that it might not be so much limiting SJ in practice as getting Norwood and Porter some gameplan reps as well as their usual scout team work so if either or both SJ & Caddy have a setback which could easily happen with their kind of dings, the other guys will still be able to run most of the gameplan. I think that hurt vs NY when Caddy proved ineffective at least partially because of this hammy problem.

Neither JN nor QP is likely to improv/pull it off the page without reps as well as Caddy did vs Philly.No doubt the impact will be reduced, just as it was from SJ to Caddy but , in the McD offense that depends so heavily on changing plays at the line to get the right match-up, good blocking & those guys knowing their responsibilities could help get just enough to keep the offense balanced & get the TEs into the pass game ( a terribly under-discussed part of the Rams losses,imo) rather than having to give extra runblocking or pass pro support.You're not gonna be able muscle past Cody & Ngata nor beat that backfield if Lewis, Suggs, & co can pin their ears back & forget about the run.

You'd rather have SJ to draw the attention like CJ2K did in TENN last week but The Ravens aren't the force 1-on-1 that they once were if you stay at all balanced,imo.Dunno that any of The Ram WRs can dominate the way Britt did but Sam may have a few more options if he can find & hit the right one. If they can gang up on Sam without his buddies in the backfield being on top of the adjustments & avoiding mental mistakes, never mind running effectively, it's another story.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    If Jackson ain't playing, I'm more likely to skip the game. We just seem to beat ourselves up whenever we face quality teams and this will be a real test for our defense since we need to contain Rice and Boldin while rattling down Flacco.
    BLASPHEMY FLIP! DON'T YOU EVER SAY YOU'LL MISS A GAME!!! Even if the RAMS janitors and cleaning crew are plyaing in their uniforms becoause of a lock out you BESt be watching it!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I agree that he needs to get out there, the guy is just so damn big and strong yet he runs 47 yards untouched and is out 3 games,makes you wonder if all that work he does on his body is really working for him.
    He was touched at the last second by nnamdi which caused Jackson to have to pull up his legs and I think thats were it happened.

edit: now if you look at what happened to jamaal charles he went untouched and is out for the season. It is all a matter of what happened.
    Last edited by sjacksonrules; -09-23-2011 at 10:05 AM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    BLASPHEMY FLIP! DON'T YOU EVER SAY YOU'LL MISS A GAME!!! Even if the RAMS janitors and cleaning crew are plyaing in their uniforms becoause of a lock out you BESt be watching it!
    Yeah, I hate to call out a fellow Long Beach State guy, but does "flip" now stand for going from dedicated fan to fair-weather fan? As I recall, you gave St. Louis fans a hard time for not attending games, so I'm not sure you want to go here. Say it ain't so!

As for Jackson, if he's not at or near 100%, he should sit. We don't need him hampered by a lingering injury the rest of the season. It's early.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

The Rams cant afford to play him, if there is any chance its going to set him back further.? So I doubt he will play in all honesty.! We'll just have to get on with it with the rookie Quinn Porter and Norwood. Bradford better keep his head on a swivel this week with them two blocking. Hopefully Sam will use his legs this week to buy time. Id much rather see Bradford try to extend plays with his legs rather than throwing the ball underneath to someone who is clearly covered for minimal yardage. The Rams need to take some chances this week.?

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

The Ravens have a few injuries of their own. Lee Evans has been ruled entirely by the Ravens for the game versus the Rams. Jimmy Smith is out. Chris Carr(hamstring is questionable.) Starting LG Ben Grubbs, out last week, is questionable.?(Strained ligaments in toe) Despite missing three straight practices. The whole NFL has its fair share of injuries, considering it is only week 3 up coming.?
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -09-23-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Yeah, I hate to call out a fellow Long Beach State guy, but does "flip" now stand for going from dedicated fan to fair-weather fan? As I recall, you gave St. Louis fans a hard time for not attending games, so I'm not sure you want to go here. Say it ain't so!

As for Jackson, if he's not at or near 100%, he should sit. We don't need him hampered by a lingering injury the rest of the season. It's early.
    I'm not a fair-weather fan, I've watched all 16 Rams games during 2009 and that's like having your eyelashes plucked one by one. It's about time management, I'm not in high school anymore so I have to balance my social life and academics and if the Rams keep losing games depressingly like the Iggles and Giants ones, that's going to make it hard to study with the losses distracting me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast