Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Which Jackson will show up

I'm not on the stephan Jackson band wagon,sure the guy gets yardage,but I'm not seeing it when the chips are down.I dont like the way he hops and skips around trying to find a hole,why cant the guy just run the play called.
    I know our offensive line is in not so great shape right now,but I hope the coaches are talking to him.He needs to play smash mouth football.Jackson is big enough and strong enough to be a fullback and I wish he'd run with power at the line of scrimmage.Marshall faulk has the speed and moves to skip around and blast through a hole in the line,but Jackson doesnt.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Which Jackson will show up

You must be watching different games than the rest of us. If not for Jackson we would have zero points this year. Our passing game has been failing so far and Jackson has stepped up in a major way.

Scroll through the other rediculous threads where people made the same unfounded claims like you just did and got shredded by facts and the truth. I and probably most others are tired of replying to such rediculous topics. If you want my full opinion go here: http://www.clanram.com/forums/showth...276#post132276

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    You must be watching different games than the rest of us. If not for Jackson we would have zero points this year. Our passing game has been failing so far and Jackson has stepped up in a major way.

Scroll through the other rediculous threads where people made the same unfounded claims like you just did and got shredded by facts and the truth. I and probably most others are tired of replying to such rediculous topics. If you want my full opinion go here: http://www.clanram.com/forums/showth...276#post132276
    Exactly right RamFan, the 2 games I've seen so far Jackson has done a great job, he hasn't been dancing very much and he's been a monster carrying tacklers 4-5 yards on his back, so I'm not really sure what games you saw psycho.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Until the passing game gets in sync and is more consistent, Jackson is our offense. I was critical of him last year, but he has stepped it up, IMO, this year. The only time that I see his dancing around is when the line has broken down and the defense is in the backfield already. In that case, who wouldn't be anxious looking for someplace to go? Jackson is much improved this year. Time to jump on board the SJ Express Psycho...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

He's doing his job right now. From what I've seen he's making the best of what he's given.

Good to see you back in any case Psycho.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Pyscho I agree with the dancing, but so far his dancing has gotten him back to back 100 yd games, and he's probably one of the only reasons as to why we scored FGs in the first game for a win.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

BigGameHolt is offline Registered User

Jackson is 3rd in the league in rushing yards with 224 in the 1st two games, and only on 44 attempts which gives Jackson 5.1 per rush, 2nd in the league with guys over 40 attempts. I dont know which Jackson you are criticizing, because it is certainly not the one carrying our team single handedly so far.
    :clanram: BIG GAME Holt

chipperjones is offline Registered User

All I know is it better not be Michael.

I get that feeling. While watching Jackson last week v the whiners I might have been heard to say upon occasion, "stop dancinf and hit the bloody hole" but then he goes and makes 100 plus yards for the second week in a row.
    Now if Steven can break his bad luck streak in Arizona, where he has not been able to run, then that should shut up a lot of critics (including me with my Jackson shirt)

So, I am going to wear my Jackson shirt to the game today, the guy needs all the support he can get.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post

So, I am going to wear my Jackson shirt to the game today, the guy needs all the support he can get.
    Have a great day in the desert dome! It should be easy to spot you on TV, wearing a blue&gold 'Jackson' shirt among a sea of Cardinal red.
    I say Jackson 'edges' James in this game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985 View Post
    I dont like the way he hops and skips around trying to find a hole,why cant the guy just run the play called.
    You might want to get used to the hops and skips psycho because that's his style and it doesn't look like he's going to change it. Personally, I say do whatever works.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I dont like the way he hops and skips around trying to find a hole,why cant the guy just run the play called.
    Must be nice to have a private line into Linehan's headset to see what plays are being called each snap.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'm not on the stephan Jackson band wagon,sure the guy gets yardage,but I'm not seeing it when the chips are down.
    You mean like against Denver when he had his biggest run when the Rams were trying to put the game away in the 4th Quarter?

This is becoming a mantra of Jackson bashers - but its not really how he runs. Watch him sometime.

I know our offensive line is in not so great shape right now,but I hope the coaches are talking to him.He needs to play smash mouth football.Jackson is big enough and strong enough to be a fullback and I wish he'd run with power at the line of scrimmage.Marshall faulk has the speed and moves to skip around and blast through a hole in the line,but Jackson doesnt.
    So far - particularly given the injuries to the O line - Jackson has been the most productive offensive player on the Rams. This criticism is just getting silly.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Really he's been the only productive offensive player.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson - 24 carries for 62 yards, 3 receptions for 59 yards. Not a bad day considering AZ had eight in the box most of the game.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast