Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Which Jackson will show up

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    Steven Jackson - 24 carries for 62 yards, 3 receptions for 59 yards. Not a bad day considering AZ had eight in the box most of the game.
    Agreed. When I look at those screen plays, what that tells me is that Jackson is more than capable of making things happen in the open field. The Cardinals did a great job defending the run today, but fortunately the Rams knew how to adjust and get their running back involved.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Those were some hard fought yards as well; dragging and knocking down defenders with most carries...

:l
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    So far - particularly given the injuries to the O line - Jackson has been the most productive offensive player on the Rams. This criticism is just getting silly.
    Agreed the criticism is silly. Jackson has been a monster so far.

The Bulger criticism needs to slow down a whole lot also, along with trading him for Moss. :x
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Despite all the hopping and skipping, Jackson is fourth in NFL rushing yards. Pretty good for a guy who opposing defenses are keying on.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

3 full games under his belt and 0 fumbles. Also he actually recovered a fumble for our offense. Not to Shabby !

rampete is offline Registered User

jackson's side steppin' and toe tapping hesistations in the back field is something he's been doing since his days in oregon state...i think it's what makes him what he is, a very good RB...

he's trying to make plays even when the o-line is being slammed backwards...you can't really fault the guy for trying his best...sure, he may get more yardage if he dives forward for the 2 to 3 yard gains instead of the -1 or -3 yard loss, but i don't think you can teach a running back to run with a different approach over night...

of course, if he does the wiggle and a hop on a 4th and 1, i could be on the market for a new lcd...

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i think Jackson is playing very well, he could be side stepping the hole because there isn't one there to run into.i think hes running hard,but our line needs to give him some daylight and if they did he would be busting it up the middle for big yardage. i also think we need to cut down on his outside runs, hes a between the tackle type of runner(in my opinion).and lastly,i would make him team MVP(along with Wilkins) at this point in the season so far.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    i think Jackson is playing very well, he could be side stepping the hole because there isn't one there to run into.i think hes running hard,but our line needs to give him some daylight and if they did he would be busting it up the middle for big yardage.
    I can only dream about what Jackson would be doing with a good OL. Like Nick pointed out, what he does on screens shows the fact that with a little room, he is explosive and can chew up huge chunks of yardage. If the OL can improve their run blocking, and I think they can, Jackson is going to really make some big time statements.

HoltFever is offline Registered User

he is our key to wining

bigredman is offline Registered User

OK...OK...Jackson does hop and skip alot, especially as soon as he get the handoff and approaches the line (which isn't good unless you are frigin' Barry Sander). As I have said before, Jackson can take that one hop, but must "burst" after that, get beyond the line, then cut again if necessary and put the afterburners on. Yes, he has put up respectable numbers, but IMO he could of done better if he wouldn't hop and skip 3 to 5 times each run (mostly). The man has great potential, but he can definitely work on his skills some more. Let's not kid ourselves here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12