Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    viper is offline Registered User

Jacksonites Unite!

I hereby proclaim myself to be the number one "Jacksonite." A position formerly held by my esteemed collegue, Av. I'm sorry Av, but, you gave up your position when you proclaimed yourself a "Faulkonite" (or something like that) a couple weeks ago.

I believe that Steven Jackson has shown what he can do for this team. Don't get me wrong, I am a big Marshall Faulk fan and I believe he is one of the greatest all around running backs in NFL history. He is surely (don't call me Shirley) destined for the Hall of Fame. But, he seems to be dancing around a little too much for my taste. He seems a little unsure of himself anymore. He's getting smothered in running plays lately and has been dropping too many passes. Don't get me wrong, I believe Marshall still is a valuable component of our offense, but, IMO he has lost a step. Granted, the offensive line could have something to do with his struggles on running plays, but, Jackson seems to be overcoming such things.

I'm ready for Jackson to get into the offense with Fauk on a 50/50 +/- basis at this point in the season.

Jackson has demonstrated his salt so far this season and is deserving of more playing time. He is a force to be reckoned with. Does anybody know his yards per carry? It has to be impressive.

Av, said a while ago, the ranks of Jacksonites would grow. I'm wondering, is that true? Are there any other Jacksonites out there who wish to step forward and be heard?

Go Rams!!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jacksonites Unite!

I'm still the first Jacksonite, viper! The Faulksonite thing was a joke.

I think we've already got a few members - Tx and RamWraith are on board in spirit, if not in name.

This is not to say that Faulk has no place. But Jackson needs to get more and more of a role.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Steven Jackson is outgaining Marshall Faulk even as his backup. I still want to see both getting touches, but the ratio should at least be 50-50. I wouldn't mind that. Sometimes Marshall's style is effective, and sometimes Jackson is more consistent.

Sooner or later, Jackson is going to take a long one to the house.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I like Jackson, but I would not be in a rush to make him all that. He is still a rookie and bound for rookie mistakes. He did fumble the ball on his first run and I am sure he is bound to make other mistakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Neither of you can proclaim true Jacksonite status until he's displayed somewhere in the avatar.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I like Jackson, but I would not be in a rush to make him all that. He is still a rookie and bound for rookie mistakes. He did fumble the ball on his first run and I am sure he is bound to make other mistakes.
    Damn good point. Jackson shows enormous potential, but he's young, untested and still learning. Are we going to jump on and off the "Faulk's still the guy" bandwagon every other week?? Faulk needs to stay the feature back, although I do think Jackson needs more touches.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Neither of you can proclaim true Jacksonite status until he's displayed somewhere in the avatar.
    here here. One has a avatar of Faulk and one has ......... well god knows what that is Avenger

maineram is offline Registered User

I believe Jackson has 6.2 yards per carry going in to the Monday nighter with the Bucs.

Maineram :ramlogo:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

What are you guys in 3rd grade.. "I'm the 1st Jacksonite" Weiners the lot of you!!! :tongue:

viper is offline Registered User

Just stirring the pot, folks. It's all in fun! The point is Jackson has shown alot of upside. An article posted on ClanRam recently said he is averaging 6.9 yards per carry. Martz used him more in the Seattle game than he had previously. I think that's a trend that should continue. I especially like seeing both Jackson and Faulk in on two back sets. It's harder to defend as they can both be dangerous!

Oh, and Av, you're still the number one Jacksonite...the man, the myth, the legend! Afterall, you did come up with the name. Besides, I'm not ready to change my avatar! :redface:

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Or in your sig. :tough:

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Well, I just got a Jackson jersey for my B-day, so I guess that mekes me a Jacksonite as well.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Well, I just got a Jackson jersey for my B-day, so I guess that mekes me a Jacksonite as well.
    Oh yeah, I'm planning on getting a #39 jersey as well. Then, of course, Hawaii 5-0. :ramlogo:

That Avatar, Dez, is me.

As for being the first Jacksonite... When I was 15 years old, I had a heated Summer love affair that didn't last. But years later... I learned that I had a son.

Go Steven Jackson! Daddy's watching you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast