Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Question Jackson's Tantrum

Does anyone know what Jackson's problem was towards the end of the game? He was screaming at Linehan and then threw his helmet on the sidelines.
    This kid needs to grow up. You can't act like that no matter how frustrated you are. I really hope he doesnt end up like T.O. You can't scream and yell at your head coach and you can't always get the ball.
    Oh well. Maybe we will do better next week...

Go Rams!
    :r

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Jackson's Tantrum

Were you at the game and saw this? They showed nothing like that happen when the game was aired on tv.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I don't understand the problem here. He wants to win, it's not about growing up. This isn't a T.O. type problem, so I wish everyone would quit saying it is ...

T.O. = psycho
    S.J. = young man who wants to win

Whatever problem S.J. had with the coaches really doesn't matter. They'll work it out, we can't help fix it, no matter how hard we try ...

You CAN scream at your head coach. Anyone who has played athletics at a high level who has had alot of responsiblity put on their shoulders has probably gotten angry with their coach at some point ...

He needs to get the ball more, no doubt. He was far more involved in the passing game last year than this year. We need to find more ways to implement him. I think you'll see some more delayed screens in the future to offset the pass rush ...

PLEASE LET THIS DIE! IT REALLY IS IRRELEVANT ...

Revelstoke is offline Registered User

He was mad for the same reason the rest of are mad, for this team to win he needs to have the ball, its that simple. I was doing the same this at home, yelling at the TV trying to get him the ball.
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Were you at the game and saw this? They showed nothing like that happen when the game was aired on tv.
    They have mentioned it a couple of times in various articles I've read today.

It probably is no big deal, but I was a little dissapointed in him. You just can't do that. It shows immaturity.

I understand that he is frustrated. Everyone is.

Go Rams!
    :sfosux:

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Frankly, I dont blame him for being upset. Bulger is NOT looking at him in the progression often enough. I saw SJ WIDE OPEN on more than one occasion while Bulger misfired to another COVERED receiver. Bulger really doesnt READ AND REACT/IMPROVISE as well as the ELITE QBs in the league.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Frankly, I dont blame him for being upset. Bulger is NOT looking at him in the progression often enough. I saw SJ WIDE OPEN on more than one occasion while Bulger misfired to another COVERED receiver. Bulger really doesnt READ AND REACT/IMPROVISE as well as the ELITE QBs in the league.
    This is horribly incorrect. Bulger is excellent with his progressions. He's playing behind a terrible offensive line. He doesn't have time to sit and read everything. Be realistic ....

How many D-linemen, linebacks, and DB's did you have coming at you when you saw SJ wide open?

Bulger has one of the highest completion percentages in NFL history. You don't get that by being average with your reads. If he got every read and progression correct, he'd complete 90% of his passes ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -09-17-2007 at 03:28 PM.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

We were about to lose to an inferior opponent, and Jackson felt like he wasn't getting the opportunity to change that. I say leave it be. Guys are going to get emotional in important games.

Bulger's ability to READ AND REACT/IMPROVISE looked extremely shoddy <enter sarcasm> when he shed several defenders, then flipped the ball to Jackson while falling down for a nice first down gain ...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

This was discussed in another thread. I've watched the 4th quarter numerous times, and there is absolutely nothing showing Jackson screaming at any coach. What I saw was Jackson yelling at Brett Romberg, then later, Romberg talking to Jackson and a few coaches on the bench, looking like he was explaining something.

I'm surprised the media hasn't talked to Jackson or Romberg about the incident, although it seems Jackson slipped out the back door along with Holt and Bruce after the game to avoid the press. Can't say I blame him for that.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I have to side with Jackson on this one because I threw the same type of tantrum at the dome when I found out a beer cost $8.75.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    This is horribly incorrect. Bulger is excellent with his progressions. He's playing behind a terrible offensive line. He doesn't have time to sit and read everything. Be realistic ....
    I agree, Bulger does well with his reads and progressions. It's obvious the swiss cheese line in front of him is the problem right now.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    This was discussed in another thread. I've watched the 4th quarter numerous times, and there is absolutely nothing showing Jackson screaming at any coach. What I saw was Jackson yelling at Brett Romberg, then later, Romberg talking to Jackson and a few coaches on the bench, looking like he was explaining something.

I'm surprised the media hasn't talked to Jackson or Romberg about the incident, although it seems Jackson slipped out the back door along with Holt and Bruce after the game to avoid the press. Can't say I blame him for that.
    You may be right, maybe he wasn't yelling at Linehan. I'm just commenting on what I've read.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    T.O. = psycho
    S.J. = young man who wants to win

Whatever problem S.J. had with the coaches really doesn't matter. They'll work it out, we can't help fix it, no matter how hard we try ...
    Yesterday I brought up the word 'tantrum' in the other "T.O." thread but I was sure to mention that I did not see the game; I was also sure to place a clear 'IF', that is, if indeed Jax had reacted that way.

Also mentioned in the other thread: I believe that Jax will either apologize or explain that so called incident. Again, IF it was considered as such either by the coaching staff, the players, and/or SJ himself. But like Infinity, I think all this may be irrelevant. I totally side with Infinity on the above quote.

Steven Jackson is a good man. It is unfair for us to be criticizing him on the basis of his being upset during that difficult game. I fully support our main RB and so do the coaches. There is absolutely no qualm about it.
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-17-2007 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Spelling bee

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'd be mad to. Linehan said offense was going to be in jacksons hands and so far it wasn't. Bulger isn't looking at him.

For insance. This play really PISSED ME OFF. We were down in the redzone, was 3rd down, Bulger snaps the ball, has all day, Jackson goes under the center and fires out the left side going for for a pass, WIDE OPEN at the endzone WIDE FRIGGIN OPEN no one within 10 yards, Bulger looks at him for about 3 seconds, doesn't do anything while Jackson is WIDE OPEN, and almost gets picked off trying to fire it through a defender to Bennett who was absolutely blanketed by 3 defenders with one right in front of him, as a matter of fact its that play that Willis almost picked it off in the back of the endzone.

I'm also Frustrated Jackson, we all are with the inability to look and get the ball to you.
    RamsFan16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast